News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for yankeegal

yankeegal Profile Photo
Member Name: yankeegal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A voice you would go hear even if the show was horrible..
 Aug 19 2011, 02:08:44 PM
Chester Gregory. Any show, any time. Enormous voice and stage presence.
re: Casting Announced for DREAMGIRLS National Tour; Opens at Apollo Novembe
 Jun 25 2009, 04:11:20 PM
This is the perfect role for Chester! Very excited all around, but especially about his casting as Jimmy!
Anyone see this? (Chester Gregory, free album)
 Jun 23 2009, 06:17:59 PM
Got this today, and downloaded it -- very cool!

Recording Artist, Multi-award winning performer & Broadway Star CHESTER GREGORY releases "BREAKBEAT KARAOKE" - The Mixtape on Tuesday, June 23, 2009, at no cost to consumers exclusively at www.ChesterGregory.com.

BREAKBEAT KARAOKE is a collection of throwback "breakbeats" from classic hip hop tunes with remixes from songs from the debut album "In Search of High Love", in addition to new compositions specifically created for this m

re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy
 Jun 1 2009, 10:12:14 PM
Kristin Chenoweth

Jennifer Gambatese

Carol Channing

re: Could we at least have A TOUR of ________
 Feb 17 2009, 04:21:36 PM
Cry-Baby
re: What's Your Favorite Version of Pal Joey's'Bewitched...'
 Feb 2 2009, 03:03:51 PM
I'm with Reginald Tresilian - Barbra's!
re: The Best Male Voice on Broadway
 Feb 2 2009, 09:40:35 AM
Loved John Raitt as well, and Robert Goulet--was thrilled to be able to see him in La Cage, and he still looked and sounded GREAT! But going in a totally different direction, the best male voice on Broadway now is Chester Gregory, without a doubt!
re: ROSIE VARIETY SHOW! FULL REVIEW
 Nov 26 2008, 10:47:33 PM
I'm with BrodyFosse123 - Leslie Kritzer would blow Rosie out of the water!!
re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 26 2008, 10:45:32 PM
Blackberry, Garmin GPS, a bunch of toothpaste and dental floss, a camera..cant remember what else.
re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 26 2008, 09:09:51 PM
It was better than I thought it would be, which isn't saying a whole lot. Liza and Jane K. were great, the rest was kind of odd. I'll give it another shot, kind of nice to have a live variety show on, but she needs some new writers and better guests (and more Broadway numbers, lol)!
re: Cherish every moment
 Nov 20 2008, 11:56:53 PM
It sounds like something really nice, to be able to have those who stutter participate in the theater--congratulations to you.
re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Nov 17 2008, 04:35:44 PM
I can't stand it when that happens, and it happens A LOT it seems. It's bad enough in a movie theater, but at a live show its not just incredibly rude to the other theatergoers but to those on stage... It does go back awhile though-- I remember seeing the original Dreamgirls and people started clapping and cheering before that last, great note of Jennifer Holliday's "And I am tellin' you..."

Frustrating and annoying!

re: Cast Albums that will never be......
 Nov 12 2008, 08:20:29 AM
I want Cry-Baby too. :blush:
re: Edie Adams has passed away
 Oct 16 2008, 06:35:29 PM
Thanks to all who posted video, great memories of that beautiful voice--and the cigar commercials were great too.

RIP Edie Adams.

re: Chester Gregory's Liberation!
 Oct 14 2008, 11:33:20 PM
Okay, thanks bossbear -- never been there, but heard it was a pretty cool place.
re: Chester Gregory's Liberation!
 Oct 13 2008, 10:17:32 PM
Anyone going? Does anyone know what Brooklyn Academy of Music is like as a venue?
Chester Gregory's Liberation!
 Oct 12 2008, 10:37:34 PM
Looks like he's starting a tour!

According to his newsletter (I assume on his website too):

Thanks to YOU, the response to my album "In Search of High Love" has been overwhelming - so overwhelming that I have come to the ultimate decision that requires me to take a leap of faith to push this album full speed ahead!

I am happy to announce that on October 18th 2008, I will launch a series of performances in New York, Seattle, Atlanta, and Los Angeles.

I am als

re: Matthew Broderick Celebrity Autobiography
 Oct 12 2008, 10:26:08 PM
and you know he cheated on her, how exactly?
re: where has (insert actor here) been?
 Oct 10 2008, 04:27:14 PM
David Elder?

re: Donkey
 Oct 1 2008, 10:04:02 PM
Why'd the other thread on this get deleted?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You