News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for viagalactica6

Member Name: viagalactica6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How I Learned To Drive  May 9 2022, 03:13:08 PM

Is anyone aware as to whether or not HOW I LEARNED T DRIVE are selling 'RUS' tickets? I understand that since it has opened tickets are now scarce and hard to purchase. Is that true?

Encores’ THE LIFE - Performances & Reviews  Mar 18 2022, 10:01:06 AM

Thanks so much for your comment. I totally understand what you're saying and couldn't agree with you more. Hiring Billy Porter as the director of Encore's production of THE LIFE reminded me of how 'GAGA' some producers and their organizations can become when they suddenly find themselves in the presence of someone who is currently in the public's eye who has some type of 'STAR' quality and current 'NAME RECOGNITION'. These so-called knowl

Phylicia Rashad on Cosby's Release  Jun 30 2021, 06:19:03 PM

Poor Phylicia she is delusional and like so many folks in the Black community she thinks the man is innocent.

BULLSHIT!

Dreamgirls film controversy  Jun 21 2021, 01:31:34 PM

I found a lot of the “drama” that the original cast had about the movie to be unwarranted and just kinda bitter."

What exactly was the "drama" that the original cast had about the movie?

Dreamgirls film controversy  Jun 21 2021, 01:31:33 PM

I found a lot of the “drama” that the original cast had about the movie to be unwarranted and just kinda bitter."

What exactly was the "drama" that the original cast had about the movie?

Dreamgirls film controversy  Jun 18 2021, 06:55:18 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "I wonder if she's referring to Jennifer Holliday's sore ass over not being involved; she wasn't offered a cameo, took it as a snub (especially after Loretta Devine got in), and so she put the movie on blast in the media for a while, until the BET Awards booked her to duet on the big number with Jennifer Hudson and suddenly everything was cool."

The main reason that Loretta Devine was the only member of the original cast of DREAMGIRLS in the film is because Bennett was about to abandon the workshop  while still in rehearsals when Jennifer walked out for the second time because she felt her role as Effie was too small. It was Loretta who talked Michael into giving Holliday whatever she wanted (which ended up being another song in Act II ("I Am Changing" and continuing with the show. That is also why Loretta was Bennett's date at the Tony Awards the year it was nominated. Producer Bill Condon paid homage to Loretta Devine by including her in the film.

BEN VEREEN  Apr 24 2021, 11:28:20 PM

Does anyone know the real reason Ben Vereen left the show? The NYPL Lincoln Center exhibit of Hal Prince places the the blame for the show's closing on Ben Vereen's exit. Yet there has never been a public statement from Ben Vereen himself.  I would like hear his side of the story.

The Greatest Musical Theatre Voices Ever?  Mar 12 2021, 10:00:37 AM

What about the late GILBERT PRICE and of course Audra MacDonald?

True Ensemble Shows  Jul 29 2020, 04:02:56 PM

The Me Nobody Knows

George Rose in My Fair Lady  Jul 29 2020, 04:01:48 PM

I totally agree!

Roles they DIDN'T get....  May 14 2020, 12:07:28 AM

In the early 1970s I was auditioning for JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR at the Mark Hellinger Theater. That day I witnessed the following actresses singing "I Don't Know How to Love Him" back to back all of them auditioning for the role of Mary Magdalene: Bette Midler, Paula Kelly, Nell Carter, and Marta Heflin. The role went to Yvonne Elliman who was a client of the producer of the show Robert J. Stigwood.

Carrie  May 10 2020, 11:36:30 PM

I saw CARRIE the day before it was to open on Broadway. I looked at my friend and we said to each other "This is the best thing I have ever seen." As we were leaving the theater we were passing the choreographer Debbie Allen and I gave her a high 5 to let her know how much I loved her work. And she was in tears and turned to me and said "Tell that to the producers. They hate it." The next thing I knew the show had closed.

People Who Saw Shows That Now Live In Infamy, What Was Your Experience At Said Show?  May 7 2020, 10:11:30 PM

I saw RACHEL LILLY ROSENBLOOM AND DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT! I loved the show even though it stunk because all of my friends were in it and they got a chance to shine on Broadway.

Tony Party Foods 2020  May 4 2020, 08:07:39 PM

Crab legs...YEAH!!!

A STRANGE LOOP receives 2020 Pulitzer for Drama  May 4 2020, 08:06:53 PM

You are probably correct. Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. I am so damn happy for Michael R. Jackson.

A STRANGE LOOP receives 2020 Pulitzer for Drama  May 4 2020, 04:07:21 PM

HALLELULUJAH!!!!!!

Broadway legends still alive  Apr 27 2020, 06:16:22 PM

CapnHook said: "So...people that are very old? Like...James Earl Jones? Frank Langella? Ian McKellen? Joel Grey? Ben Vereen? Patrick Stewart? George Hearn? John Cullum? Donna McKecknie? Priscilla Lopez? Bette Midler? Barbra Streisand? Liza Minnelli? Chita Rivera?"

I totally agree with this list of names, especially James Earl Jones, Frank Langella, George Hearn, John Cullum, Joel Grey, Donna McKechnie, and Priscilla Lopez. You can also add Cicel

Broadway legends still alive  Apr 27 2020, 03:54:14 PM

I think it is interesting that most of the people chosen and/or mentioned are female and from musical theater. What about JAMES EARL JONES? For me he certainly qualifies as a Broadway legend.

If there ever was an all-Black production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC...  Apr 27 2020, 11:21:38 AM

What about Jordan Donica from My Fair Lady as Hendrik? He was such a discovery for us all.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 9 2020, 09:51:55 PM

Got Tu Go Disco

Via Galactica

In My Life

I was actually in the original cast of Via Galactica and I will be the first to tell you that it wasn't the easiest show to perform. We all knew by opening night that is was a flop! We were the first show to open the Gershwin Theater which was originally called The Uris Theater. The show's original title was UP but the producers changed it to Via Galactica because they didn't want the marquee

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You