News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for milkengh

milkengh Profile Photo
Member Name: milkengh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Graduation Song?
 Apr 4 2006, 12:32:55 AM
No one ever thinks of this one, cuz it's kinda unconventional, but "You Walk With Me" from The Full Monty. My friend and I sang it last year precisely as it is on the recording, and it went over great, because no one had ever heard it before. It's a great song that can be interpreted to talk about the consistency of a true friend in a completely non-cheesy way. Highly recommended!
re: Who is on the Les Mis shirt?
 Dec 4 2005, 09:50:04 PM
I met a kid one time who was in a community theatre production of Les Mis, and he insisted that the picture was of Gavroche, which is odd, because I have no idea how that the artist would be trying to render an interpretation of Gavroche when it looks exactly like the description of Cosette...

re: A 'Piazza' Observation...
 Jun 25 2005, 02:17:06 AM
When I first heard the recording, all I could think was how much Matt sounded like Josh Groban...they both have amazing voices, however, Matt is a truly amazing actor and you can hear his inflection and feeling coming across on the recording, even. Plus, who doesn't want to see a fine piece of loveliness like Matt take his shirt EVERY NIGHT!?!?!?!
re: Imagine you could get front row center to ANY show right now..this very
 Jun 17 2005, 12:17:55 PM
ANY show: i'd say Caroline, or Change, becauase i can't stop listening to the OBCR, and i'm so amazed that it didn't last longer.

Right now, however, I'd see All Shook Up because Cheyenne is BEAUTIFUL! I would love to sit in the front row JUST so i could get spat on by him! (pardon how creepy that sounded! i'm not a stalker; i swear!)

re: Sara Ramirez in Spamalot- yay or nay...and why?
 May 9 2005, 10:29:36 PM
I've only heard the cast recording, and I really can't stop listening to every song she is featured. I can feel her stage presence and vibrance booming out of my speakers. I'm sure the show is very empty and frivolous, but I think she deserves every credential going her way. Her comic timing in her singing is impeccible, and she really knows how to play everything she was given, the good and the bad material.
re: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown auditions help
 Apr 8 2005, 10:12:31 PM
Thanks a lot!
re: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown auditions help
 Apr 8 2005, 05:34:02 PM
My choir teacher is thinking of doing this show for next year's musical but is wavering because of the lack of chorus parts. Where in the revival can you stick a semi-adequate chorus entrance? (i really want to do this show, so any help is really appreciated)
re: What shows did you do in high school?
 Jan 3 2005, 10:49:04 PM
Freshman Year:
Once Upon a Mattress (the Jester)

Sophomore Year:
Anything Goes (Evelyn Oakleigh)

Junior Year:
Bye Bye Birdie (Albert Peterson)

And hopefully, senior year will be You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, which will be fun cuz that's the only one of these that I can actually identify with Broadway, since I have the revival cast album. And I should be Charlie Brown, if I'm hearing all the high school drama/politics right, which will be muy fun!

re: Molina's & Graff's Last night in Fiddler
 Jan 2 2005, 11:53:45 PM
Andrea Martin (a.k.a. the crazy aunt in My Big Fat Greek Wedding) is taking over as Golde on Tuesday. She should be really good. I'm excited to get to see the tour later this month. Should be good (I hope...)
re: You're a good man Charlie Brown
 Dec 22 2004, 05:47:55 PM
I need some material I can use to convince our director that we should do that show next year. She is aprehensive because of the small cast (because we are a public high school and she doesn't want to have to cut anyone) but it seems like it would definitely be doable. And a lot of people here seem to have performed this show, so what are some advantages and disadvantages to doing this show compared to a bigger cast show?
re: Favorite Story Songs
 Nov 21 2004, 09:24:12 PM
What is "Taylor the Latte Boy" from? I found a random audio clip of Cheno singing it on the Rosie O'Donnell Show from several years ago.
re: You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown question
 Nov 14 2004, 01:39:58 PM
Thanks for all the info, guys. I didn't realize SNOOPY was a show, but i'm definitely going to have to look into it!!!
You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown question
 Nov 14 2004, 12:19:41 AM
our school is looking at doing this show in the coming year, and even though there was only a cast of 6 in the original and revival Broadway casts, has anyone ever seen this performed with a chorus at all? our director might not let us do this if we can't add more characters (even though i'd love to do it with a smaller cast). Any answers?
bummer
 Nov 12 2004, 07:58:45 PM
I kinda hope that RENT does close right after its 10th anniversary, because then it can have a teensy little break before they have a revival of it in another 10 years, which then means a new cast recording that a whole new generation can have to realize the cultural impact RENT had on our generation.
re: The greatest line or lyric ever said/sung on a stage
 Nov 3 2004, 11:30:45 PM
Sorry to ruin all the happy fun in this post, but i'm gonna go with the only line that has made me cry every single time i've heard it performed.

"To love another person is to see the face of God..." -Les Mis

*tear*

re: What Are You NOT Looking Forward To
 Aug 29 2004, 11:55:01 PM
Good Vibrations: my answer is two-fold. One, the Beach Boys music wasn't ever good anyway, and two, it is replacing Caroline, Or Change!!!!!!!
re: Favorite Love Songs
 Aug 1 2004, 06:34:31 PM
I'll Cover You (reprise)/RENT - can make me cry whenever I listen to it
Someone Like You/JEKYLL & HYDE - a little sappy, but if done right can be really powerful
All I Ask Of You/PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - beautiful. 'nuf said.

And I really love Somewhere/WEST SIDE STORY - so simple, yet good

re: Favorite Love Songs
 Aug 1 2004, 06:34:30 PM
I'll Cover You (reprise)/RENT - can make me cry whenever I listen to it
Someone Like You/JEKYLL & HYDE - a little sappy, but if done right can be really powerful
All I Ask Of You/PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - beautiful. 'nuf said.

And I really love Somewhere/WEST SIDE STORY - so simple, yet good

Wishful thinking?
 Aug 1 2004, 04:35:38 AM
Which musical have you not seen done professionally that you would kill to see done on Broadway? For me, it would be PARADE (obviously). I just listened to the OBCR for the first time a few days ago, and I can't get over it. It is so emotionally charged in so many ways. Everything about the music haunts me and intrigues me and entertains me. Plus, the fact that it is based on a true story really makes me interested. Anyone else?
re: Wicked or Rent?
 Aug 1 2004, 04:23:53 AM
If you have never heard the Rent OBCR, and don't have every single word memorized by heart, that would be the better show because it is a better all-around show than Wicked. It has much more impact to you as a member of the audience. If you are like the rest of us, and can recite RENT in your sleep, then Wicked is the better choice. Plus, you will probably be able to see Rent again sometime, as it is (has been?) on tour and will definitely be revived fairly quickly if it does end up closing in t
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You