News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mike3

Mike3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mike3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Angela Lansbury Has Passed Away  Oct 11 2022, 10:05:05 PM
and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest…
REBORNING - SoHo Playhouse  Jul 17 2019, 10:46:49 PM

I received an email from TDF this morning informing me that this evening’s performance of REBORNING had been canceled. Later this afternoon I learned that all future performances are suspended due to a fire in the building that houses the theater. Very sad for those involved with the production. Link

Theater Gunshots  Jun 3 2019, 10:32:22 AM

I revisited the Downstage Center interview of Andre De Shields from February 1, 2010. (I strongly recommend listening or re-listening to this podcast.) In it, De Shields recounts the story of an early performance of Ain’t Misbehavin’ when Jackie Kennedy had a terrible reaction to a gunshot in the show. It’s a moving story.

Hadestown Reviews  Apr 28 2019, 06:20:40 PM

I don’t say much here, but I just saw the matinee this afternoon. This was a deeply fulfilling theatrical experience. I was so moved by André De Shields. I was taken with Chris Sullivan in the NYTW recording, and I worried I would struggle with his very different interpretation. (I know those on this board know what it’s like to fall in love with an early cast recording.) De Shields was captivating from the moment he took the stage. I want to return and spend an entire show

Leslie Odom Jr. in Concert  Jan 21 2019, 11:51:33 AM

Leslie performed last night with the Oregon Symphony in Portland. It was a beautiful show, highlighted for me by his a cappella "Forever Young" and his beautiful rendition of "Without You" from RENT which is in single release.

It was a bit of a surprise when he was introduced and he and his five-piece band walked out on stage in decidedly casual clothes to join the full orchestra. Leslie was in a pair of faded jeans, boots and a black jacket. The promo photos f

Any quotes about teamwork / collaboration in play/musicals?  Dec 29 2018, 11:42:02 AM

“Teamwork” from CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG.

KING KONG - Previews  Oct 7 2018, 05:03:51 PM

BroadwayBear2 said: "They need a major injury or incident to gain some Spiderman level press."

I don’t speak up very often, but I find this in very poor taste.

Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage  Jul 19 2018, 07:13:37 PM

Do not concern yourself with the language. There are subtle supertitles. But honestly, a few minutes in you will forget about the Yiddish altogether. They communicate perfectly.

Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage  Jul 19 2018, 05:11:51 PM

I saw the matinee this afternoon. It's best production of Fiddler I've ever seen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/17/theater/review-yiddish-fiddler-on-the-roof.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fiddler-on-the-roof-in-yiddish-is-a-moving-triumph

I strongly recommend this play. 

Shanice Williams to Make Her New York Stage Debut in Little Rock  Jul 17 2018, 10:48:44 PM

Saw this tonight. Very moving. Shanice Williams is really good. I like a lot about this production, but THE SINGING. So, so good.

Broadway Rising Stars 2018  Jul 16 2018, 11:10:59 PM

Anyone see this tonight at Town Hall?

http://thetownhall.org/event/broadway-rising-stars-2018

Telecharge Exchange  Jul 24 2017, 06:18:31 PM

I've had my issues with Telecharge, but great customer service should be acknowledged.

I purchased a full-price ticket to a play in anticipation of a trip to New York next week. Yesterday I suffered a significant injury that will require surgery. Trip to NYC canceled. I called customer service in hopes of getting a post-dated ticket. Instead, they offered a full refund, and kind wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm grateful.

John McMartin has passed  Jul 7 2016, 04:58:45 PM

Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. 

Shining City at the Irish Rep  May 20 2016, 11:33:07 PM

How about the new space? 

Off and Off-Off Is The Thing Right Now  Jul 24 2015, 12:09:02 AM

I saw THE ABSOLUTE BRIGHTNESS OF LEONARD PELKEY tonight at the Westside Theatre. It was excellent.

I thoroughly enjoyed THE WEIR last night at Irish Rep. 

I'm seeing KING LIZ, SCENES FROM AN EXECUTION, and JOHN this weekend.

Other off-Broadway recommendations?  

Annie Baker's new play is 3.5 hours long!  Jul 17 2015, 10:24:53 PM

After seeing THE FLICK, I will entrust myself to Annie Baker and Sam Gold any time. 

I'll be there on 7/26, and I look forward to every minute.

Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 01:40:41 PM

It's back up on TDF for the next week.

KING LIZ at Second Stage  Jul 13 2015, 07:45:53 PM

Previews begin tonight. Anyone going?

I'm curious to hear more about this.

Roger Rees  Jul 11 2015, 12:16:11 AM

Several reports that he has passed away. 

May he rest in peace. 

TDF Update  Jul 8 2015, 10:13:55 PM

Thank you Haterobics. 

I was able to purchase a ticket this afternoon, but now it is down again. 

Pinto: while prices may vary a bit, I believe I pay about $30 per year. Whatever the cost, it pays for itself with one purchase. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You