News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for erineloise

erineloise Profile Photo
Member Name: erineloise
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jason Robert Brown Posts Singing Contest On His Blog
 Aug 4 2008, 01:40:01 AM
So I'll be posting mine tomorrow out in the middle of nowhere while I make my road trip to Wyoming! I think that will be pretty epic, mountains in the background and such. Should be fun.
re: The Perfect Musical?
 Jul 18 2008, 01:13:24 AM
Night Music for me. It is, to me, one of the most beautiful portrayals of what love is on stage. Love flows from the music, you can almost feel the story line without even hearing a single lyric. You see the show and you think, "That was so beautiful!" and then later, "That was so incredibly depressing." and then finally to, "That is what relationships are." I cry thinking about it. Yes, I did wish it had a better book, but I can handle it, every show has flaws, and if something was perfe
re: Miss Saigon
 Jul 18 2008, 01:00:55 AM
I'd love to see it done again on Broadway, but I don't understand why everyone would want to see the same production as last time is was on Broadway. I guess I just don't understand that. The beauty of theatre, to me, if it really is good theatre, is that it can be seen a million different ways by a million different people. There is no right or wrong way to do a show. But it seems like with musicals more than straight shows, people are afraid to branch out and stray from the original.
re: The American Musical. New broadway vs. old broadway
 Jul 14 2008, 02:10:15 PM
Alright, while yes this article is a few years old, I still completely agree with it, if not more so, today. Shows today seem to be written for "fame" not for artistry. And while I will acknowledge that not all shows in the past few years have been like that, its certainly a majority. Broadway (as a majority) is a commercial and I'm going to have to agree with PitPro2004.

Because of this change in broadway we have now split the theatre world almost completely in half. Straight pla

re: I honestly think the best Sondheim score ever is
 Jul 14 2008, 01:40:57 PM
Its all about Night Music for me. I was just in the show, and I think the fact that most of the songs are so simple for but so perfect and emotional makes it my favorite of his. And granted the story line is Ingmar Bergman's Sondheim executes it flawlessly.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You