News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for toddchris

toddchris Profile Photo
Member Name: toddchris
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
 Jun 2 2018, 07:38:44 PM

If you’re not a fan of Kat’s acting, then you’re probably not paying attention.

”She’s proven herself”. 

Scenes from Scorpion -
https://vimeo.com/216429268    

Scenes from SMASH.

https://vimeo.com/169328380

Jun 2 2018, 06:38:53 PM

I was such a huge Lauren fan, but I understand how her youth was an issue.  I was happy to find out she made it to the touring production of Legally Blonde as the Elle understudy.  I went to see it at the Kennedy Center (Becky was Elle).  They did a great job.  It was interesting that shortly thereafter, Becky had some kind of injury and Lauren played Elle for quite awhile after that.  I even took a train ride to Delaware to see her perform, but was disappointed as by then she had left the show to take over the lead role of Sandy in the touring production of Grease.  Luckily, that show came to DC and I ended up seeing her three times at the National Theater.  Her voice had matured and continued to get better year after year.  I’m glad that she’s been able to have a successful career in musical theater.  Loved her version of Hopelessly Devoted.  https://youtu.be/X1wluH5oRbk

Lauren Zakrin joining WICKED tour
 Jun 26 2010, 03:33:46 PM
I agree with the mad props. I get so tired of all the haters on here.
Lauren Zakrin joining WICKED tour
 Jun 26 2010, 03:29:26 PM
Lauren just tweeted today that she debuts today as Glinda in both shows.
re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
 Mar 8 2009, 10:28:17 AM
All I can say is . . . WOW . . . I've been waiting for a video like this to show up. I saw Becky in DC before she broke her toe, and while she has a great voice, she's just not my taste in Elle.

I love Lauren's interpretation here and always thought she should've won on MTV, although now it's true that she got the best deal out of all of them being fourth.

Congrats to Lauren on doing such an excellent job.

tc

re: Jason Robert Brown Posts Singing Contest On His Blog
 Aug 1 2008, 12:40:11 AM
Wow, what a cool idea. I can't wait to hear everyone. One question though, I got the impression that he was expecting a video performance. Anyone else think that?
re: The Search for Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 22 2008, 01:02:40 AM
Oh, I knew that. It was Bailey for a while, then Lauren, then after Lauren was eliminated it was Bailey again.

Yeah funny how when they take away all your votes someone else can win.

Jul 22 2008, 12:58:52 AM
I actually loved Bailey tonight. The only thing Autumn can do better than Bailey is sing. I think Bailey outshone her in the acting, singing and plain old charisma department tonight.

That made no sense. You just contradicted yourself.

Jul 22 2008, 12:48:40 AM
And Bailey has more fans on IAmOnMTV.com than Lauren. A difference of about 1600.

I'm referring the votes on Legallyblondethemusical.com. Lauren was WAY ahead.

Jul 22 2008, 12:08:22 AM
Besides, Lauren was ahead of Bailey in the vote count anyway.
 Jul 21 2008, 11:58:06 PM
Maybe I'll get lucky and get to see Lauren doing Elle in the tour. I think she'll progress very fast.
 Jul 21 2008, 10:56:16 PM
I really have to say that Bailey's voice is distracting. I thought she sounded horrible. I wouldn't pay to hear her sing, but I would Autumn, and I've never been an Autumn fan.

Plus her attitude still bugs the crap out of me.

Oh, well!!! We're stuck with Bailey.

re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 14 2008, 11:05:57 PM
Man, that was messed up!!!!! Lauren did not deserve to go. Her performance was great. I think they had their minds made up already before the audition. I guess they didn't want to chance it, but I'm sure Rhiannon is the next one cut. Between Autumn and Bailey it has to be Autumn. Baily can't act her way out of a paper bag. I don't think we've seen the last of Lauren, especially if the Margot rumours are true.

It's a VERY VERY sad night for me.

Jul 14 2008, 08:28:49 PM
I'm not doubting you're right, but for the love of all things good, can you please just stop? I think I speak for others when I say it's getting a bit irritating. You've offered no proof as to why we should believe you, and the constant gloating is really getting old.

AMEN!!!!

Jul 12 2008, 09:40:09 PM
Here's the final thing I'm going to say on this thread:

When Autumn wins..I plan to tape my "I TOLD YOU SO" dance and put it on youtube for all to see! :]

Like I said before, anyone has a 25% of guessing right, so if Autumn wins it means absolutly NOTHING!!!!

And dance all you want, I know I WON'T be watching. Christ, grow up.

Jul 12 2008, 02:44:53 PM
Toddchris-
1. Regarding Lauren, everyone saying she is too young, they are saying she will look to young against all of the other leads. Christian and Richard are in their thirties annd Kate is in her late twenties. They are supposed to be her age in the show, so it would look wierd. They are not saying Lauren isn't talented enough to play Elle because of her age.

2. The two week contract is only a trial. If the show goes well, and sales are good, they will extend her contract

Jul 12 2008, 01:42:02 PM
Quote: The "ruining" happened the second someone came up with this stupid idea.

Yet somehow you come on here and read the thread. If it's such a stupid idea, why are you wasting your time reading all about it? lol

As for the rest of this thread, I don't put much credit in anyone coming on here and saying they know who won. There are four women left, so at this point anyone has about a 25% chance of guessing it right anyway. So all of you who said you knew who won

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You