News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for REVA107

Member Name: REVA107
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite FINALE in Musicals
 Mar 12 2015, 10:46:08 AM
I have to ask- I've seen Gypsy three times and the TV-Movie version over a hundred. If "Rose's Turn" isn't the finale to Gypsy, what are you considering to be the finale?

How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?
 Feb 27 2015, 09:56:50 AM
I went to see Phantom last night and James Barbour was stunning in the role! I saw Phantom years ago and the whole show fell flat for me. The performers weren't all that great, and my Phantom didn't have the voice for the role. In fact, he came off very "small."

Seeing it last night has literally changed Phantom for me. I found myself immersed in the show. It was chilling and delightful, and James' voice filled the entire theatre. He brought the power and pain to this role that ha

Shows You Miss
 Nov 21 2014, 03:01:18 PM
I really miss Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Drowsy Chaperone (two of my favourites!) The Wedding Singer is on that list, as well! All such fun shows- sad !!!
Merton of the Movies
 Oct 14 2014, 11:58:19 AM
How strange! I will try again. Thank you!!
Merton of the Movies
 Oct 14 2014, 11:48:27 AM
I have seen this posted for Roundabout as a one-night only event, with tickets going on sale to the general public on 10/14, but no seat selection is available today and no indication that it's sold out (though it very well could be). Does anyone have any information on this one? Thanks in advance!
HIPTIX Presale Happening Now for Roundabout's Next Season
 Jul 8 2014, 02:16:08 PM
Would someone mind PM'ing it to me, as well. I misplaced the e-mail somehow Thanks!!
If/Then Program
 May 1 2014, 12:23:09 PM
Does anyone have info on if and when a program will be released for this show? I attended last night's performance and they still don't have one for sale. Thanks!
re: Guys & Dolls Ticket Question
 Feb 2 2009, 04:54:45 PM
Thanks for the input! I had no idea they did that. Best of luck to everyone attempting to get decent seats for this show!
Guys & Dolls Ticket Question
 Jan 21 2009, 03:57:55 PM
Is anyone else having a hard time finding decent seat for Guys & Dolls? I'm searching out through June and am still only coming up with Row M as my best option.

**Let me take a brief moment to complain about Ticketmaster and their limited searching capabilities on this one, as well lol.**

Are they selling premium through Row M or am I missing something?

re: Wililam H. Macy in Speed-the-Plow
 Jan 14 2009, 05:00:28 PM
No, they did change it up a little bit so that the sofa is facing the audience. In fact, when Norbert was in it, his reactions and expressions to some of the things she's saying brought a line of comedy to the scene that wasn't there as much in the previews. It was refreshing actually- I felt like that was the slow point of the play, for me at least.
re: Better live than on the cast recording?
 Dec 23 2008, 05:21:21 PM
Not exactly the same thing, but Randall Keith was incredible when he was doing Les Mis, but "Bring Him Home" on his solo album, the following year, was monotonous and boring. I was so disappointed! He gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in a show!
re: Who's Your Favorite Jean Valjean?
 Dec 15 2008, 09:44:50 AM
Randal Keith, without a doubt. He's the only actor I have ever seen that got a standing ovation after "Bring Him Home." He was incredible, and I've seen quite a few!!!
re: short lived shows?
 Nov 10 2008, 12:51:34 PM
High Fidelity!!!
re: The Last Five Years?
 Oct 15 2008, 04:36:30 PM
In my opinion, it's the best written show of our generation. . .
re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
 Oct 15 2008, 04:26:57 PM
I literally laughed out loud at the falling Giraffe in the Lion King. . . I'm still laughing at the visual I'm imagining. . .
re: Most Unexpected Closing Announcement
 Oct 15 2008, 04:15:59 PM
I agree with "The Wedding Singer"- it took me a long time to finally give in and go see it and wound up LOVING it, just to see it close shortly after. They always manage to close the really fun shows! "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" closed because of the cast change- the numbers literally came grinding to a halt after Norbert left. I can't remember the two leads that came in, but they were horribly miscasted and brought the show to a quick close.

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, b

re: Fifty Words- Understudies?
 Oct 8 2008, 09:35:24 PM
Thank you! I love this board :)
re: Fifty Words- Understudies?
 Oct 8 2008, 08:52:30 PM
That was one of the answers I was hoping for! Thanks :) I still hope he's not out lol
Fifty Words- Understudies?
 Oct 8 2008, 07:16:33 PM
My boyfriend bought tickets for tomorrow night, not realizing it's Yom Kippur and only the highest holy day in the Jewish religion :) Does anyone know if we can anticipate Norbert being out or if this show even has understudies with there being only two characters? Please let me know :) Thanks so much!!
re: Rent Review (Spoilers)
 Sep 25 2008, 02:54:48 PM
The audience did seem subdued, however, it seemed as though the recording was directly connected to the sound system, so the audience seemed to just be "background noise," in a way. We really only heard the audience when they were probably roaring with applause, as opposed to general clapping. That's how it came across to me. . . :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You