short lived shows?

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#1short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 9:26am

are there any shows that only ran for a short period of time that you think should be revived??

for me, its DEF. Side Show :)
i recently have fallen in love with this, and with such great music, its a shame it didnt run very long :/

enroutetothesky Profile Photo
enroutetothesky
#2re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:33am

Parade and [title of show]!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#2re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:36am

Side Show
Saw it twice on a Saturday after discovering it was closing the following day.

amyfairycakes Profile Photo
amyfairycakes
#3re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:41am

I agree with enroutetothesky, I'd love to see Parade revived. I'd also like to see The Wild Party revived.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#4re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:45am

I don't know how short-lived it was considering it was a play, not a musical, but I really loved "Hollywood Arms"

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

MamasDoin'Fine
#5re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:49am

re: short lived shows?

'Parade' The Donmar production is being presented at the Amhanson Theatre in LA in 2009 from 24th Sept thru 15th Nov. I don't know if it will make it's way to New York later that year or early 2010, early days.
The production is being directed by Rob Ashford again as it was in London last year.
The CD of the production is a true classic.
Updated On: 11/10/08 at 11:49 AM

Pianolin717
#6re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 12:14pm

you saw side show?!
see, i had never heard of it, but i recently was listening to xm radio and they played Love Me The Way I Am, and i fell in love with it!
I like dreamgirls, but I find Side Show has stronger music than dreamgirls, but it sucks that it was so shortlived!!!

yeah, i havent really heard much from parade, but everything I have has been good :)

REVA107
#7re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 12:51pm

High Fidelity!!!

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#8re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:06pm

Well... it looks like enroutetothesky beat me to it, but Parade and [title of show] are def two that closed to soon. And I'll add Passion. And not sure how long the original production lasted, but if anything needs a revival pronto it's A Little Night Music.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:30pm

I would say Big but only for two reasons. The first off is that I think that it might do better in today's Broadway with more and more movies being turned musicals. And, the second reason is because it was my first Broadway show and I want to see it again on Broadway for purely selfish reasons.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#10re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:38pm

On the 20th Century was a sshortlived, but I just want a ****ing revival.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:44pm

what are we considering short-lived? I'd love to see Side Show and Parade, sure, but I'd also love a revival of Passion.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Gothampc
#12re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:46pm

I would like to see a production of Rags. The book may need to be revised, but I'd like to see it. Perhaps off-Broadway?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Pianolin717
#13re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:50pm

i also forgot!!!
Brooklyn
i really loved that musical, but not with diano degarmo... i saw videos of her, and she just did not cut it... Eden on the otherhand was amazing.. but I def. want to see Brooklyn in the future

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#14re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:50pm

http://ibdb.com/person.php?id=4974
Scroll down the list of this most famous impresario for his numerous flops!
http://ibdb.com/production.php?id=2286 (Bob Fosse)

MamasDoin'Fine
#15re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:55pm

Short lived maybe but with 280 performances 'Passion' was a long runner compared to 'Side Show', 'Parade' and 'Big'.
'On The 20th Century' ran just over a year, not too bad a run back then.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#16re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 4:05pm

I think if it didn't have so much bad press surrounding it because of Rosie O'Donnell, "Taboo" should have stayed around longer. It had an interesting story, music, costumes, sets.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Updated On: 11/10/08 at 04:05 PM

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#17re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 5:57pm

[tos] and The Rink.

RentBoy86
#18re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/10/08 at 11:44pm

I'm surprised Parade closed so soon. Wasn't it presented by Lincoln Center? So it didn't even fill out its intended run?

choked_on_tittup
#19re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/11/08 at 7:06am

[TOS] and I can't say this enough.... SPELLING BEE!!!! <3

PookieBear
#20re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/11/08 at 7:43am

Side show, [Title of Show], Brooklyn anddd. Smile (I know some people probably hate the music, but I think it's really cute re: short lived shows?) Shame they all closed so soon.

why yes, i do frequently burst out in song. i have a very serious medical condition called musical tourettes. :)

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#21re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/11/08 at 8:28am

Taboo was amazing in the UK and i like the Broadway production (though the book fell apart a bit) but the show had one of the best scores in a LONG time

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

DavidPatrickS82
#22re: short lived shows?
Posted: 11/11/08 at 8:56am

I'm with ya on Side show!!! That show rocked!!! Also, I know it's not that short lived, but i really really want them to revive Ragtime!!! But in a big theatre so it could be huge again like it was!!!

Videos