News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Danviolaman92

Member Name: Danviolaman92
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Memphis on the View
 Dec 16 2009, 08:53:54 PM
Does anyone know what Memphis will be performing on the View tomorrow morning?
re: Passing Strange Movie
 Aug 27 2009, 08:39:26 PM
Not sure if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if Passing Strange will eventually be released on DVD?
re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!
 May 10 2009, 11:58:04 AM
I went last night to see 9 to 5. I have to say, I loved it. It's purpose is mainly to let the audience have a great time and laugh a lot-i think it went above that. I also really loved Dolly's score-it's fun and varies into different styles and tempos. Everyone gave amazing performances, especially the three leading ladies and Marc. I also loved the choreography-it was exciting and the dancing during scene changes with the underscoring worked really well. It really stood out in a few songs
re: 9 TO 5: TV ALERTS
 Apr 27 2009, 04:04:00 PM
Did anyone catch Allison Janney on Regis and Kelly today? Or does any have any links to the episode?
re: 9 to 5 seating question
 Apr 14 2009, 07:11:31 PM
How about second row all the way to the left. I'll be there May 9 with seats all the way to the left. Does anyone have any idea of how those would be?
re: 9 to 5 First Preview
 Apr 4 2009, 11:46:24 PM
I'll be there on May 9th at the 7pm show. I have tickets for the second row-the only thing is that I have seats all the way to the left. Does anyone know how these seats are in the Marquis Theatre? Will they have a bad sightline?
re: Kelli O'Hara's Final Show
 Mar 8 2009, 03:01:48 AM
I actually went (and tonight definitely was her last show). She did an incredible job, as did the rest of the cast! It was my first time seeing the show too and I loved it! I was very impressed that she still does cartwheels despite the fact that she's pregnant.

Anyway, at curtain call someone got to the front row and handed the conductor flowers to give to her, and Danny Burstein gave a speech about her final performance. He said how it's been a joy to work with her and watch her

Kelli O'Hara's Final Show
 Mar 7 2009, 01:15:15 PM
I was wondering if tonight or tomorrow is Kelli O'Hara's last performance in South Pacific. Some sources have said tonight, while others tomorrow.

Regardless, best of luck to her!

re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
 Feb 14 2009, 03:43:49 PM
If Kelli is leaving on the 7th and Laura is coming in on the 10th, do you think Kelli's understudy will be on for the 8th?
re: Rogelio Douglas Jr.
 Dec 11 2008, 04:39:56 PM
Oh, that's great for him! How was the rest of the cast when you saw it (or if anyone else knows how the current cast is doing)?
Rogelio Douglas Jr.
 Dec 10 2008, 05:39:34 PM
Does anyone know how Rogelio Douglas Jr. is doing in The Little Mermaid? Not sure if anyone has had the chance to see him yet, but if you have, feel free to share your reviews!
re: Contracts---South Pacific cast
 Dec 6 2008, 06:45:03 PM
I'll be going to see South Pacific on March 7, the day before Szot's last show. Any idea of which leads will be gone by then? A lot of people have said that Kelli O'Hara is leaving on January 4th, but is there any information regarding her possibly extending her contract, or any of the other leads? Thanks =]
re: Gypsy Questions
 Nov 10 2008, 12:19:52 AM
Thank you all for reviews/tips/etc. They help a lot! =]
 Nov 9 2008, 05:43:26 PM
Okay. Thanks! =]
 Nov 9 2008, 04:45:52 PM
Ok thanks. Does anyone know how Dorothy Stanley is as Electra? It seems like a lot of people have been mentioning seeing her play the role.
Gypsy Questions
 Nov 9 2008, 04:39:42 PM
Hey guys =] I'm going to see Gypsy this Friday, the 14th, and I had some questions to ask:

1. I know there was a thread going around about Laura Benanti's attendance, but does anyone know specifically if her or anyone else in the cast is planning on being absent for Friday night's show. From what I've heard, people like Patti have excellent attendance, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

2. I also know that there was a thread regarding places to eat before/after

re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?
 Aug 8 2008, 11:51:02 PM
Yes, it does. I almost missed it too actually! It happens at the end of Brimstone and Treacle Part 2, when the evil nanny is being locked up in the cage and descending through the stage, with a "pop" and cloud of smoke. While all that is going on, Mary is singing her last note and gliding up the banister in the background. I caught it at the last moment. =]
re: Favorite Set Designs
 Aug 8 2008, 11:48:04 PM
Wicked.
Legally Blonde.
Mary Poppins-the house was amazing.
YF.
In the Heights.

re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?
 Aug 8 2008, 11:39:00 PM
Chitty flying.
Of course, Elphaba flying =]
In Wicked, the flying monkeys on stage and over the audience.
I thought Elphie's melting scene was pretty cool too.
Legally Blonde pole.
The legally blonde quick changes were really good.
Mary Poppins flying.
Bert's tap dancing upside down.
Some of the scenes with the screen in MP where Bert was painting were cool, and the colors/effects of Jolly Holiday were awesome.
Mary Poppins going up the railing, pulling stuff

re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
 Jul 29 2008, 02:18:40 PM
Programs and Shirts =]
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You