#2re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:03pm

Wow. Very very interesting.

I may have to revisit.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:04pm

The dates in the title and article are different.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#4re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:05pm

Is anyone else mildly repulsed by this? She was the worst thing about GREASE... and that's saying more than a mouthful.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:06pm

I actually thought she was one of the few good things about GREASE. But I do still find this casting choice interesting.

Yankeefan007
#6re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:06pm

Only mildly?

Osnes can sing, but so can Lauren Graham.

Paul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
#7re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:07pm

I have to say I am withholding judgment.

I am also surprised that Kelli has agreed to return later on.

Time will tell if any of this makes sense!
Updated On: 2/12/09 at 05:07 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#8re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:07pm

I think she'll be great! I hope I'll be able to catch her in the role.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#9re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:09pm

I may have to see this, I'm very interested.
I wonder if she'll get to keep her brown hair, yet again.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 2/12/09 at 05:09 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:11pm

Yet again? Was there a discussion as to why she wouldn't keep her brown hair in GREASE? The original Sandy had brown hair.

Does Nellie have to have a certain hair color?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

WishingOnlyWounds2
#11re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:13pm

When she found out, in a video interview she made a big deal and was very excited about it. I personally have no opinion towards the whole hair situation being that I never saw Grease, well this production at least.

My post wasn't made with any kind of attitude, just she got to keep it for one show, I was wondering if she would for another.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 2/12/09 at 05:13 PM

colleen_lee
#12re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:15pm

My reaction was "WHA?!?!?!"

As a 23 year old that reads more like 16, I never pictured Nellie Forbush.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

TheatreGal423 Profile Photo
TheatreGal423
#13re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:17pm

I had hopes for Laura Marie Duncan to succeed Kelli. Oh well.

I think it would have been better to have had Erin Davie play Nellie. Now she is replacing Osnes...such is life!

Team Gwynne TONYs 2009!

Yankeefan007
#14re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:18pm

It's gonna look like borderline pedophilia opposite David Pittsinger.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#15re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

I have only seen her once, as Elizabeth Bennet in the local, one-night production of the new "Pride & Prejudice" musical here in Rochester, NY, but I thought she was very good. Please don't judge her based on one character in one production. I think she is very talented and could be just fine as Nellie.

Maggie-the-schnoodle

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#15re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

I'll agree that I was a little shocked, mostly because of how young she is/looks.

But I have to say I really am thrilled for her, I really am glad she's found a way to make a career and make smart choices after that show. I really think she was the most talented one to come out of the mess that was the Grease reality show.

I'm happy for her. We'll see what happens.

"...and in a bed."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#18re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:21pm

I've bee trying to think for days who they would bring in. Obviously it would be some kind of stunt casting since it's for a short period of time. I never thought about Laura. I didn't see Grease, so I can't say much. I'll be very interested to see what everyone says.

I'll be careful though: I thought Diana Degarmo was going to be a TERRIBLE Penny in Hairspray, but she ended up being one of my favorites. So we'll see about Laura...

::bust a move::

Paul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
#19re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:22pm

Well, the only thing surprising about the age difference between the leads in "South Pacific" is that the book was not written by Alan Jay Lerner.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#20re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:22pm

I never thought LCT would resort to stunt casting.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#21re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:23pm

Considering the first-rate talent that were knocking down doors to be involved in this production, I trust Bartlett Sher's judgment.

Osnes may be a little rough around the edges, but considering how stellar all of the replacements to go into the show have ben thus far, I'm optimistic she will do well in the role. She certainly has the requisite enigmatic presence and vocal chops.

And anyone who thought she was the worst thing about the GREASE revival seriously needs their head examined.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 2/12/09 at 05:23 PM

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#21re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

Good for her! Laura is a beautiful and charming girl. I'm sure she'll be lovely in South Pacific! I wish her the best of luck :)

Although, I do find it odd that Kelli has agreed to return to the show immediately following the birth of her first child...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#23re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

I didn't see her in Grease, but I was impressed with her on the TV show and thought she was the deserving winner. I may have to revisit SP now, out of curiosity, and I'm happy for her for carving a pretty good career out of that sad little reality show.

On a sidenote, I saw her on the subway and she is unbelievably gorgeous. Her skin is flawless! She looked like the cartoon version of Belle come to life.

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#24re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 5:26pm

"I personally have no opinion towards the whole hair situation being that I never saw Greece"

Aw, really?

I haven't seen Greece either... though I hear it is a beautiful country.

We should take a trip there.

Videos