News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fae

fae Profile Photo
Member Name: fae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: the life vs. titanic
 Dec 31 2004, 01:34:57 PM
i saw them both. titanic was entertaining. it had some cheesy moments (like when the mini ship ran into the iceberg) but there were some wonderful performances and beautiful songs that i still listen to today.

the life was a bore. yes, it had lots of talent, but it was like watching paint dry. i don't remember any of the plot, score, or characters from this show.... i DO remember that lilias had an amazing voice.

re: Menzel Targeted With Death Threats
 Dec 9 2004, 02:47:57 AM
i actually had not heard this since i only make it to this board every few days or so.

that said.... WOW! that is ridiculous. so someone is just pissed because they are an interacial couple? i feel sorry that two people who have decided to marry each other have been targeted for a hate crime. sad sad world.

re: What are you listening to the week of December 6th?
 Dec 9 2004, 02:36:39 AM
"last 5 years" and "tick, tick...boom"

also, i've been listening to "christmas with the trapp family singers" which makes me very, VERY happy!

re: Anyone seen the current Rent tour?
 Nov 20 2004, 12:26:32 AM
i saw the tour just this past wednesday. the cast is exceptional, and i believe that "la vie boheme" was performed better than i've ever seen before.
re: help.com!! from a 17 yr old floridian!!
 Nov 7 2004, 02:47:49 AM
ashley.... your avatar cracks me up. i have a friend (who coincidentally is also named ashley) who wears a t-shirt that says "jesus is my homeboy." she would love your thumbs up christ.
re: Which show/recording would you love to rediscover.
 Nov 7 2004, 02:43:23 AM
recording: miss saigon. i remember knowing absolutely nothing about the show, but buying it on a whim. i sat in my car(in the parking lot of specs music) listening to the entire recording and reading the libretto. what a beautiful story unfolded.

show: sunset boulevard. what can i say? it was pure magic.

re: Cheer up song
 Oct 20 2004, 04:04:24 AM
i second "look at me now" from wild party. just the opening line...prohibition, they can shove it!

but my one big all-encompassing cheer up song is the theme from "greatest american hero"... anyone remember it?

re: Our Guilty Pleasures...
 Oct 20 2004, 03:56:44 AM
oh my goodness... shame, SHAME on all of you who feel guilty for loving The Sound Of Music. tsk, tsk, tsk. nothing at all to feel guilty about. although i would absolutely never feel guilty for subjecting my friends to a good old Sound Of Music sing-a-long, i do keep one musical tucked away in the back of my shoe closet... only to be brought out in strict privacy. that musical is "The One And Only Genuine, Original Family Band". i adore it (and trust me, i'm riddled with embarrasment).
re: Shrek. Here's the Deal
 Oct 20 2004, 02:13:38 AM
nothing ventured, nothing gained. good luck
re: Cast of Wicked to help The View celebrate Halloween (OFFICIAL PRESS REL
 Oct 19 2004, 11:45:07 PM
sndtrklvr.... hehehehe.... i am laughing my ass off over here. "star in the idinalifter" PLEASE let them show that.
re: Best Character Entrance?
 Oct 19 2004, 11:32:30 PM
definitely norma desmond in "sunset".
re: Broadway: TAM tonight on PBS!
 Oct 19 2004, 03:50:01 PM
already seen it..... already love it!

re: My Problems Finding a Song for a Comedic Belter...
 Oct 19 2004, 01:51:41 AM
if your comedy skills are fine tuned, you could try "man in the moon" from Mame. very funny and campy.... also very low (think bea arthur)
re: Adam Pascal 'Civilian' album
 Oct 16 2004, 01:45:44 AM
is it good? i am so excited to hear it. what type of music is he doing? broadway songs? covers? any original stuff???
Adam Pascal "Civilian" album
 Oct 16 2004, 01:42:52 AM
to be released november 2. i believe you can pre-order it on amazon. oh boy!
re: Grizabella Memories
 Oct 16 2004, 01:04:27 AM
rose-macshane... you saw linda balgord? i'm so jealous. i saw her in the national tour of sunset boulevard as norma desmond. although her vibrato is insanely bumpy, her performance was flawless for the role. her norma stands as the single most moving performance i have ever seen. when i saw the show again on broadway with elaine paige i was dissapointed beyond reason.

where IS that woman anyway? has she retired?

re: the gypsy robe
 Oct 15 2004, 02:39:08 PM
bump!
THE GYPSY ROBE
 Oct 15 2004, 02:12:17 AM
i was just hoping to collect some stories about the "gypsy robe". if anyone has ever received it or has any stories they would like to share i would greatly appreciate it.
SAW BROOKLYN - SAVE YOUR MONEY
 Oct 14 2004, 12:43:39 AM
swankified- just wanted to explain that the 'garbage outfits' that are worn throughout the show are supposed to be costumes that a group of five street performers have put together. that would be why all of the props and costumes were made of things you could pick up on the side of the road.... just thought i'd clarify.
SAW BROOKLYN - SAVE YOUR MONEY
 Oct 13 2004, 03:37:47 PM
matt rogers- in answer to you question, there are not really many theatre experiences that i've "hated". some may be leaps and bounds above others, but i usually have a good time in any show where there is talent and creativity. it's entertainment afterall. if it makes you feel better i will say that i was dissapointed with "fiddler" this past weekend (saw it friday night). i enjoyed seeing the rethought staging, but found the characterizations to be quite weak. had a much better experience at "
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You