News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalmack

musicalmack Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalmack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Helene York - Shucked
 Jun 14 2023, 06:48:58 PM

Ryah Nixon played Lulu back when Shucked was Moonshine at Dallas Theater Center. Seems like at one time that role would have been a good fit for Heléne, if not the lead role (who was originally named Misty iirc).

Ben Brantley: Second Helpings
 Apr 5 2012, 03:36:07 PM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/theater-talkback-second-helpings/?ref=theater

Here's a really interesting contribution from Ben Brantley to the ArtsBeat Blog. I found it to be very wise and articulate. For someone who can certainly dish out sass and invective, I admire his ability to stay open-minded (most of the time :) )

What do you guys think?

Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....
 Aug 24 2011, 03:26:15 PM
:) What's the story there, Namo?
Just back from the first preview of PORGY AND BESS....
 Aug 24 2011, 03:07:20 PM
What's with the sudden Audra McDonald hate? I don't think you guys are giving her enough credit as an artist. I don't think she'd demand to have parts of the show re-written or transposed to put her in a better light. She's a fantastic, well-established performer, and chances are she doesn't feel threatened by her fellow cast mates or the material. She's never struck me as anything but gracious.

I think Audra's a smart actress and would have found traces of humanity in Bess whether or

ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
 Aug 23 2011, 02:29:15 AM
Sutton sounds thrilling at the end of Blow Gabriel Blow!
re: RENT video from U of Michigan. Amazing!
 Aug 21 2011, 12:33:51 AM
In addition, the girl who sings with Kent at the end is playing Joanne in the Rent at New World Stages. I believe that's the role she played at Michigan as well!
So who will play Fanny?
 Jul 1 2011, 02:34:48 PM
Can Nina Arianda sing?
Next to Normal-Uptown Players
 Jun 20 2011, 10:34:07 PM
It was a pretty solid production, I'd say.

The show sounds WONDERFUL; it's easily the most well-sung regional production I've ever seen, which is saying quite a lot considering the tough vocal nature of Next to Normal's score. Every cast member had a fantastic voice and the band was great. The set was beautiful and very effective. It looked like a home, unlike the original production, but kept the tiered concept with action happening on three levels. The furniture on the bottom floor wa

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Mar 25 2011, 11:49:14 PM
My personal knowledge would put Otterbein in the Class B category. I know they are very selective (they take around 4 boys, 4 girls a year) and rising in notoriety. I've heard people say Otterbein is one of the best MT programs if you're looking for equal and excellent training for singing, acting, and dancing.
next to normal to Receive Regional Premiere in Portland, Oregon
 Mar 1 2011, 12:12:19 AM
husk_charmer beat me to it.

Looking for 'Story Songs'
 Jan 30 2011, 11:32:14 PM
A few words have to be changed, but "My Heart Was Set On You" by Jeff Blumenkrantz is great, and Sutton Foster sings it really well on her album.
STAGE TUBE: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I'm Here' at Kennedy Center Honors
 Dec 30 2010, 02:56:21 AM
We should also note that Jennifer's performance is in a higher key than what's written in the Broadway score.

I like to think she'd have no trouble singing it in the lower key consistently if she already gives a phenomenal performance in the higher one.

That was fantastic. Jennifer Hudson is incredibly talented.

Songs about unrequited love
 Nov 3 2010, 08:54:02 PM
"What Can You Lose?" from Dick Tracy
Sondheim on Sondheim on iTunes
 Sep 18 2010, 02:31:40 PM
Not anything that I can tell. I think iTunes sometimes puts bogus CLEAN ALBUM signs on recordings. I noticed they put it on the new Seussical recording, too, which certainly has nothing to deem 'EXPLICIT'.
Peters, Ripley, Menzel and more singing CLOWNS
 Aug 9 2010, 12:20:13 AM
Her Idina Menzel and Heather Headley are spot-on.
Tony Races Without Their Winners
 Jul 10 2010, 07:21:02 PM
I second Audra McDonald winning in 2007. I just saw her in 110 IN THE SHADE in Utah, and it was the most beautiful performance I've ever seen. That woman is one of the most talented performers to ever grace the stage, and I believe that 110 IN THE SHADE is her best work.

What about the 2001 Tony Awards without THE PRODUCERS?

Marshall in contention for WICKED film
 Jul 10 2010, 01:40:33 AM
I'm with theatrefan4. What happened to Baz Luhrman? I think he'd do an excellent job with the show
Song quiz
 Jul 2 2010, 06:24:21 PM
Is it bad when the first answer I can think of for "Grandma's Song" is THE ADDAMS FAMILY?

Songs that could be sung to a psychologist
 Jun 23 2010, 02:59:36 PM
I think one of the best ones is "Coffee" from See What I Wanna See.
Jackie Hoffman's Video Blog
 Jun 22 2010, 06:19:37 PM
New episode! Filled with Tony-week joy.

http://www.broadway.com/shows/the-addams-family/video/153221/the-addams-family-home-movies-starring-jackie-hoffman-12/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You