pixeltracker

ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes

ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:07am

According to Roundabout's Facebook...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:13am

Found it. It didn't show up when I searched for Anything Goes but it showed up when I searched Sutton Foster.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#2ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:15am

It sounds pretty great. They seem to have included the new dance music.

CATSNYrevival
#3ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:17am

All of it? I thought the title song was longer than that.

mrweasel2
#4ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:27am

I bought it right at midnight It's amazing!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#5ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:28am

I already preordered mine, so I wouldn't be opposed to a friendly PM.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#6ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:31am

You're right. According to the rehearsal footage it's a lot longer. I guess I was looking more at "It's De-Lovely" and "Blow, Gabriel, Blow" (even though I'm not sure what/if they added to that).

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#7ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:44am

I listened to the clip of "You're The Top" and I was very disappointed about how canned and phony it sounded, compared to a video of it that I had watched online...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

CATSNYrevival
#8ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:44am

I was hoping the full dance break would be on the recording. I guess it might be boring without being able to see the dancers, but I like the new arrangement too so it would have been nice.

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#9ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:54am

For anyone who wants a link to click, here you go.
Anything Goes on iTunes Updated On: 8/23/11 at 12:54 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 1:25am

thank you

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

musicalmack Profile Photo
musicalmack
#11ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 2:29am

Sutton sounds thrilling at the end of Blow Gabriel Blow!

jovie27 Profile Photo
jovie27
#12ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 3:09am

"I listened to the clip of "You're The Top" and I was very disappointed about how canned and phony it sounded, compared to a video of it that I had watched online..."

I personally enjoy the entire recording...but at moments I can see why you think it is canned and phony sounded....if I remember correctly, the orchestra recording was first and then the performers came in and recorded the vocals. So, the entire orchestra and performers were not in the same room at the same time as the recording took place...so maybe that has something to do with it.

CONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
#13ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 4:33am

damn, it's not on UK iTunes yet, but cant WAIT to hear this!!!

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#14ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 5:31am

I also pre-ordered the CD, but would appreciate a PM. :)

KirbyCat
#15ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 7:34am

"...at moments I can see why you think it is canned and phony sounded....if I remember correctly, the orchestra recording was first and then the performers came in and recorded the vocals. So, the entire orchestra and performers were not in the same room at the same time as the recording took place...so maybe that has something to do with it."

It's rarely done any other way these days, to be honest.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#16ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 7:54am

I'd appreciate a PM, too with a digital booklet, as I too have pre-ordered the CD... ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes

suttonequalslove Profile Photo
suttonequalslove
#17ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 8:54am

The soundtrack is absolutely amazing!

Wicked~West Side Story~Cats~Mamma Mia~Beauty and the Beast~Wicked~Anything Goes~

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:03am

I'm old...so that means I'm technically stupid.

I purchased and downloaded the album. Is there a way for me to also put it on my daughter's iPod? (We have separate accounts) I know I can burn it to a cd (just learned how to do that) but can I do it electronically?

Thanks in advance!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#19ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:04am

I love this cast recording!! Even though I preordered it, I purchased it from iTunes about 6:15 this morning. The dance break for Anything Goes is somewhat truncated and only about 2 minutes of tap have been included. The cast and the orchestra sound amazing throughout though. Love the background vocals in Blow Gabriel Blow.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 8/23/11 at 09:04 AM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#20ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 10:05am

Found it. It didn't show up when I searched for Anything Goes but it showed up when I searched Sutton Foster.

Same thing happened for me.

I'm old...so that means I'm technically stupid.

I purchased and downloaded the album. Is there a way for me to also put it on my daughter's iPod? (We have separate accounts) I know I can burn it to a cd (just learned how to do that) but can I do it electronically?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure there are people who are more savvy than me but the only way I can think of without rebuying it would be to burn it onto a cd and give the cd to your daughter. Or wait until someone uploads it to a sharing site.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#21ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 10:15am

I purchased and downloaded the album. Is there a way for me to also put it on my daughter's iPod? (We have separate accounts)

Do you use separate computers? I'm not sure how to walk you through it if you use the same computer, but if you're using separate machines, you can just send her the zip folder of it. Apple did away with their limits on sharing purchased iTunes music.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

KirbyCat
#22ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 10:47am

The overture is absolutely magical. Obsessed.

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#23ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 10:57am

I'd also like a PM with a digital booklet, true 1:1 lossless encoding, all the expanded dance breaks, a tap from Sutton Foster's left shoe (NOT the RIGHT one, UGH), a digitally remastered pro-shot video recording of the 1962 revival (VOB format with IFOs ONLY thank-yew-very-mutch) and a lock of Ethel Merman's hair.

Really, guys, file sharing? :-[
Updated On: 8/23/11 at 10:57 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#24ANYTHING GOES cast recording released on iTunes
Posted: 8/23/11 at 11:01am

Just remember that every "PM" sent on an official cast recording hurts the future of cast recordings in general.