News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thegoodseed

thegoodseed Profile Photo
Member Name: thegoodseed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Am I the only person who hated Rent?
 Apr 18 2005, 04:48:57 PM
I just read the thread in its entirety.
I personally LOVE Rent. I have had the cast recording for the longest time, and loved the show when I saw it in December 2004. When I saw it in December on Broadway, my mom went with me. I was very afraid that she wouldn't like it. She ended up really liking it. Although Rent is my favorite musical, I don't think it is the best musical ever. I can understand that people don't like Rent for a lot of reasons, most of which have been said in this thread.

re: How many BROADWAY shows have YOU seen???
 Feb 24 2005, 01:24:37 PM
I seem so pathetic next to you guys who've seen a lot of shows. I've only seen 2: the Annie Get Your Gun revival when I was 10, and Rent on December 29th, 2004 as a Christmas present.
re: CDs for a newbie
 Feb 14 2005, 09:30:23 PM
When I was first getting into musical theater, the OBCs of Rent, Wicked, Avenue Q, and Les Miserables were the first CDs I got, but I think it kind of depends on the person. All the CDs that were mentioned by Chrysanthemum are great starters. I personally would go with Rent, Wicked, Avenue Q, Les Miserables, or maybe something that they're familiar with, like if they've seen the Phantom of the Opera movie you could get them the POTO OBC. It really depends. I would pick Rent, but this is coming f
re: Who Would You Meet?
 Feb 14 2005, 09:24:58 PM
Definitely Jonathan Larson, without a doubt. I'd also like to meet JRB, Idina Menzel, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp, Raul Esperanza, and basically everyone else in the Rent OBC and Avenue Q OBC.
re: HELP! I need a comic M/F duet!!
 Feb 13 2005, 01:34:55 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a way to get Tick Tick Boom sheet music, because my friends did "Therapy" at a cabaret concert once. I think it's pretty hard to find though.
re: CD dilemma
 Feb 13 2005, 09:55:37 AM
Definitely Tick Tick Boom. Cabaret sounds like a good choice too, but if I had to choose from any of those I would choose Tick Tick Boom.
re: HELP! I need a comic M/F duet!!
 Feb 13 2005, 09:53:25 AM
"Therapy" from Tick Tick Boom
re: Shrek the Musical
 Jul 26 2004, 03:59:55 PM
I heard about this awhile ago... It was in my sister's "National Geographic for Kids" magazine. I think that the movie was great, but I can't see it as a musical.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You