News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NobodyNeedsToKnow2

NobodyNeedsToKnow2 Profile Photo
Member Name: NobodyNeedsToKnow2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Agnes of God
 Aug 16 2008, 02:07:12 PM
I definatly think it stood the test of time! My own generation will get something out of the show that others may not have. When the local community theatre did it recently, my friends I talked about it for days. Coming up with our own theories and discussing the religon aspect, ect.

My favorite part was that in modern day setting, whenever someone does something wrong, there is a reason for it. A mental illness, and a diagnosis. Agnes defies that. It makes you uncomfortable, and it ma

re: Norbert Leo Butz to star in MCC's FIFTY WORDS
 Aug 7 2008, 03:48:39 PM
That is not a recent picture. I believe it is from before his Fiyero days even.
re: If you could travel back in time and see ONE show...
 Aug 6 2008, 05:25:43 PM
Your stomachs are going to churn when you read this, but if I could go back to see one musical it would be Jane Eyre. Other than that I would have loved to see the The History Boys and the Orginal London Cast of Les Miserables.
re: Anastasia
 Aug 6 2008, 05:20:26 PM
Okay, I understand what you meant about St. Petersburg, and you are right, it would have been Leningrad. Please know, I am not trying to fight you on historical mistakes that may have been made in the movie because I agree they were simple and slight, but if my city's name was changed three times over my lifetime, I would still call it what I orginally learned its name to be.

This has been fun. I needed a good spar on Russian History!

Aug 6 2008, 05:08:23 PM
Me too. It was the Winter Palace, not the Catherine Palace and the Winter Palace was not open to the public because it became a Bolshevik headquarters. And St. Petersburg remained St. Peterburg until 1914 when it became Petrograd. It became Leningrad in 1924.
 Aug 6 2008, 02:22:47 PM
I agree, I was just answering the question. Knowing the whole truth behind the movie as I do( even that Dmitri was actually one of Anastasia's cousins who killed Rasputin, and Vlad was an executioner), I still love the movie and I am very much for a stage version!
 Aug 6 2008, 02:12:07 PM
"But what is this about the legend having recently been PROVEN false? I know the whole story was a long shot, but I've done a fair bit of research on the topic and don't remember seeing/ hearing anything that actually PROVED Anya didn't get away when the family was ambushed... I'm not saying that whoever posted that earlier is wrong, I'm just a little obsessed with this subject and would like to see for myself... any links to news articles, websites, etc?"

If there is one thing I know

re: Best Closing Number to Broadway Musical
 Aug 6 2008, 01:38:43 PM
Company is one of my favorites, but I agree that Chorus Line's ending is fantastic.
re: Broadway Trivia
 Aug 6 2008, 01:32:35 PM
I believe it was Sondheim!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You