News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NGeorgiaBwayFan

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
Member Name: NGeorgiaBwayFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: 2009-10:
GYPSY 1/1, Patti LuPone Coulda Shoulda Woulda 3/18, Ragtime(Kennedy Center) 5/3, Jersey Boys Natl Tour 5/26,Patti LuPone The Gypsy In My Soul 9/26, In The Heights Natl Tour 11/5, The 39 Steps Tour 12/6, A Little Night Music 1/2/10, Ragtime 1/3/10, A Little Night Music 1/5/10, Young Frankenstein Natl Tour 1/28/10, Spring Awakening Natl Tour 3/11/10, South Pacific Natl Tour 4/8/10, Mary Poppins Natl Tour 5/6/10, Avenue Q Natl Tour 5/20/10, Little House on the Prairie tour 6/18/10, Phantom Tour 7/16/10, Dreamgirls Natl Tour 10/14/10

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Six Worst Types of Theatergoers  Jul 25 2011, 10:40:37 AM
Vespertine, my husband is 6'7" and we've had the same kind of thing where people talk or make snarky comments. He can't help it that he's tall. As a matter of fact, we had to move out of our really good seats at the Neil Simon because his legs are physically too long to sit in the seats there. Some nice folks in our row switched with us to put him on the aisle, trying to help, but he just couldn't fit in the seat, his legs are so long. We had to sit at the very back of the house in the loose
Company on screen  Jun 25 2011, 08:00:20 PM
Oh, well, the only extra screening for me is kinda far away and is when I can't go... Guess I'll have to hope for a dvd release.

BTW, My husband and I saw it with just three other people in the theater.

POLL: What Hit Musical of Old Should Next be Revived on Broadway?  Jun 25 2011, 07:48:51 PM
I agree with the King and I!
COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited  Jun 17 2011, 09:35:59 AM
We saw it last night in Canton, GA, north of Atlanta. Sad to say that we were the only two in the theater when the show started. Three others came in after it started. Eventhough there weren't many of us, it seemed that everyone enjoyed the performance. No applause, but everyone laughed or groaned at the appropriate moments.

I thought it was a very good concert. While I was familiar with most of the music, it was the first time I'd seen the piece as a whole. I really enjoyed it, to

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited  Jun 15 2011, 01:00:08 PM
Looks like screenvision AND fathomevents are both presenting them. For me, the screenvision had 4 screenings, and fathom only offers 2.

the screenvision link is posted above in the thread.

http://www.fathomevents.com/performingarts/event/companynight1.aspx

Birthday Greetings To Carol Channing  Jan 31 2011, 03:28:44 PM
Happy Birthday, Ms. Carol!
Hope you have a birthday filled with happiness.

Your performances have brought me happiness through most of my life and I thank you.

Blessings to you on your special day.

Promise you'll never go away! Carol Channing 90th birthday!  Jan 31 2011, 10:14:47 AM
We love ya, Carol!
Only the best to you on your special day!

Happy birthday, Ethel Merman  Jan 16 2011, 09:21:55 PM
Happy Birthday, Ethel!
You'll always truly be one of a kind!

What are your favorite words of wisdom from a musical?  Jan 8 2011, 08:24:40 AM
GYPSY:
"Everyone needs something impossible to hope for."

SOUTH PACIFIC:
"I don't think it's the end of the world like everybody else thinks, I just can't work myself up to gettin' that low."

Annie Leibovitz Photographs Spider-Man  Nov 15 2010, 01:32:20 PM
@Bettyboy
I agree. If I had seen the photos without any photographer credits, I would NEVER have thought them to be Annie's work.

Ragtime Revival CD Sampler  Nov 10 2010, 02:51:18 PM
I'd love to hear the sampler, too. Anyone willing to share, please PM me.
RIP Shannon Tavarez...  Nov 2 2010, 12:49:42 PM
Rest in Peace, dear Shannon.
We're praying for peace and comfort for your family.

showtunes about death  Oct 21 2010, 04:35:31 PM
"I'm Not Dead Yet" from Spamalot.
Gypsy Revival?  Oct 13 2010, 05:33:30 PM
I hear the cast album is going to have bonus tracks including the LuPone meltdown.

I saw it's already available for pre-order on Amazon.

Also, I've heard from my "sources" that the cast of Glee will be playing the farmboys.

Goold's MACBETH on PBS Tonight  Oct 6 2010, 10:44:27 AM
I wish our PBS affiliate (GPB) would air this, but alas, they are not. Not the first time they don't play a Great Performances episode. Hope everyone else gets to enjoy it, though!

Anyway, the dvd is also available on the pbs shop site, too. It says it will ship 10/19/10.

Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread  Aug 20 2010, 05:17:41 PM
Tsao5, I was wondering if I was the only one who was reminded of Bert Lahr! I think Danny would be a great cowardly lion. I thought he was wonderful as Billis. A very loveable and sweet portrayal of the character.
Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread  Aug 17 2010, 04:39:57 PM
In Atlanta at the tour performances, there were bare butts.
As long as there's no frontal nudity, even here in the ultra-conservative south, would that really be enough to bother censoring? Maybe that is why some of the PBS affiliates are airing it later in the evening, to put any potential nudity after 10 pm?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread  Aug 17 2010, 03:29:36 PM
Mine is airing it at 10 PM, so not actually live. Also, I have no DVR, so if anyone can help me out, PM me.
What is a memory from a show that will stay with you forever?  Aug 9 2010, 08:49:15 PM
After Eight, you have left me speechless with chills. What wonderful memories.

My most memorable, which will certainly in comparison:

1. Meeting Carol Channing and Mary Martin when I was 17. I was invited backstage at "Legends" and got to spend a little while with each of them.

2. Patti LuPone in GYPSY. The "Sing out, Louise!" entrance and the night we sat in the 2nd row and could see the tears rolling down her face that began during the dressing room scene

Broadway People Game  Jul 31 2010, 10:24:54 PM
Mae West
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You