News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carajoy

Member Name: carajoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JUNGLE BOOK B'way Transfer?
 Sep 9 2013, 12:46:38 AM
I actually came to this board tonight just to see Jungle Book posts, so I'm happy to find one. I saw the show in Chicago and plan to go back to Boston. I'm interested in what you said about Mowgli. What gave it that vibe to you? Just the costume or the way people were handling him? I'm just curious because no one I spoke to who saw it in Chicago had that (and I did not either), so I'm wondering if it's a change or just something that hit you a specific way.
Doesn't anyone feel for Carolee Carmello?
 Jun 11 2013, 10:03:23 PM
I don't feel for her exactly, but I think she deserved to win. I wrote on my Huff Po blog about how I thought that it was unfortunate that people either didn't attend, or blocked out, Scandalous, because her performance was amazing. I saw her do that show many, many years ago in a Westchester, NY mall and she was basically the only good thing in it. She stuck with it and gave an amazing performance. I knew she would not win, but I echo your sentiment that she should have.

@carajoydavid

Tony Outlook: Best Actress in a Play
 Feb 18 2013, 06:20:56 PM
Good picks, other than Estelle Parsons is no longer a possibility (Velocity of Autumn is off).

I have a pretty complete list of possibilities on Huffington Post, though it's minus Weaver and Jones, and includes Maggie Grace (who is going to be supporting).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cara-joy-david/best-actress-in-a-play-to_b_2571458.html

@CaraJoyDavid

FREE Hepatitis Screenings for Uninsured Entertainment Professionals
 May 11 2010, 03:28:20 PM
Dear people,

As those of you who know me know, one of my best friends passed away summer 2008 from liver cancer. Al never drank, his liver cancer was brought on by Hepatitis B. Because he didn't have insurance, he never knew how sick he was until it was too late.

With this in mind, the foundation established in his honor, The Al D. Rodriguez Liver Foundation, is joining with The Actors Fund to offer free hepatitis screenings for uninsured members of the entertainment and performing arts community (union cards or earnings statements will be required).

Screenings will be held May 17-21. If you are interested in the screenings and are eligible, send an email to Janet Pearl, jpearl@actorsfund.org and include your telephone number to reserve a time. Additional information can be found on the foundation's website at http://www.aldrodriguezliverfoundation.com/screenings.html .

If you are not eligible yourself, please pass on the message to anyone you know who may be eligible. Help me get the word out. Your efforts could prevent another senseless death.

Thank you for your time,

Cara Joy David

Got Questions About The Tony Rules?
 Apr 28 2010, 01:11:06 PM
Hey, all.

I am doing a series (of at least two) Huffington Post blog entries answering questions about the Tony rules.

See: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Tony Time at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cara-joy-david/its-getting-to-look-a-lot_b_552601.html

Before my next one, I want more questions than I already have. If you have a question, please post a comment on the blog. You can also email me. Either way.

Thanks,

Cara

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You