News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BradMajors

BradMajors Profile Photo
Member Name: BradMajors
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: EVITA movieSING-A LONG in NYC!
 Sep 1 2008, 05:17:55 PM
EVITA didn't start the recent resurgence of movie musicals. That honor goes to Baz Luhrmann's MOULIN ROUGE. EVITA failed at the box office. The film cost $55 mill to make. In the US it took in a paltry $50 mill at the box office. Internationally it made a total of $91 mill for a grand total of $141 mill.

Maybe Patti LuPone can attend and drown out Madge's incredibly weak vocal performance in this turkey.

re: RENT MOVIE- $20??!?!??!
 Aug 31 2008, 05:48:56 AM
SONY isn't forcing anyone here to shell out $20 to go see this. That's what the tickets are priced. It is what it is. If you don't want to pay $20 to go see it, then don't. If you don't want to pay the price, then don't but don't bitch and moan about something you can't change.
re: Patti, Laura and Boyd and B & N
 Aug 29 2008, 02:23:00 PM

Aug 29 2008, 02:09:14 PM

Aug 29 2008, 01:56:17 PM

re: Info on original 'Grease'?
 Aug 28 2008, 03:09:54 PM
Yes, the original Broadway version of GREASE is definitely not for the kiddies, folk. It had more of an edge, it was raw and that's what the creators wanted. What's been revived on Broadway in 1993 and 2007 bears no resemblance to the original creators intentions but then most of them sold the show out when they allowed these changes to take place.
re: Patti Picture
 Aug 27 2008, 07:57:49 AM
My question is, who's that hottie in the tank top behind her?

Not a tank top. It's a sleeveless tee.

------------------------------------------------------------

LOL @ broadwayjules

re: Leslie Caron sings in 'Gigi' on Youtube
 Aug 23 2008, 02:17:52 PM
Thanks marknyc for doing this! I was hoping you would get around to it. I agree with Michael Bennett that Caron's real voice could have been used but in those days everything had to come off polished.
re: Mamma Mia! tops Hairspray as the Third Highest Grossing Movie Musical o
 Aug 22 2008, 09:12:28 PM
JohnBoy, I really don't care. It's really not that big of a deal. It makes no difference to me, the money ain't going in my pocket. I just find the reactions hilarious.

re: GREASE: Haven for Idols
 Aug 22 2008, 06:58:27 PM
When will this homogenized, Disney-fied, kiddie version, rank amateur production of GREASE close and put Broadway out of it's misery. Give that theater to something worthwhile, like HAIR.
re: Mamma Mia! tops Hairspray as the Third Highest Grossing Movie Musical o
 Aug 22 2008, 06:50:36 PM
I don't get how some people are so offended at the fact that MAMMA MIA! has become the third highest grossing movie musical in film history. As if it were some crime against humanity or Julie Andrews, or both. LMAO.
re: MAMMA MIA!: The Movie arrives on DVD on November 25, 2008!
 Aug 22 2008, 06:49:43 PM
I will happily be purchasing my copy of MAMMA MIA on DVD 11/25!
re: New information on the Rocky Horror Remake...
 Aug 21 2008, 07:05:37 PM
ROCKY HORROR was revived in 2001 why would they even think of reviving it so soon?
re: BWW TV: RENT Final Performance Film Sneak Peek Trailer
 Aug 21 2008, 05:19:41 PM
I hope this gets released on DVD if only to replace that seriously abridged, truncated and revised atrocity that hit movie theaters in November 2005.
re: Gypsy 2008 Broadway Cast Recording
 Aug 21 2008, 04:27:09 PM
I'm writing this on this thread because I cannot possibly answer every single PM I have received asking me to share the GYPSY cast recording.

I'm glad everyone is eager and excited and cannot wait to finally ad this recording to their cast album collections. Those of us who have it can tell you that it will be definitely worth the wait but I can't in all honesty share this over the internet.

I'm not going to go into a long winded explanation on how downloading unlicensed copyr

re: Natalie Wood sings 'Tonight' on Youtube
 Aug 20 2008, 05:34:23 PM
I have to re-listen I keep on getting sidetracked at how beautiful she was that all sound escapes my ears.
re: Mamma Mia! The Movie Sing-Along Version In Theaters 8/29
 Aug 20 2008, 04:36:00 PM
amoni, I wasn't "bitching". What a POOR CHOICE OF WORDS on your behalf. You would know that if you'd read the rest of the post. Pity you.
re: I'm Researching the Real Mama Rose Hovick, and...
 Aug 20 2008, 03:53:11 PM
BK, in reality the musical GYPSY is "suggested by the memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee". It was always (at least up until the 1973 Lansbury revival) billed as "a musical fable". It was an embellishment, a re-working, a re-invention of fact into a piece of entertainment. It's not supposed to be the definitive tell all on Rose, June and Louise Hovick.

Even THE SOUND OF MUSIC was a fictional reworking of the life of Maria Von Trapp. The real Maria Von Trapp was nowhere near the person either Mar

re: Cast 'adjustment' in the middle of XANADU tonite!
 Aug 20 2008, 12:44:03 AM
Poor Cheyenne! I wish I could have been there to cure whatever was ailing him!
re: NYC Trip 8/15-8/18
 Aug 20 2008, 12:42:44 AM
Wow! What s fun trip! And you had some great pictures taken with some great performers! You look like you had a BLAST and that's what counts! Thanks for sharing with us!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You