News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Guffman Fan

Guffman Fan Profile Photo
Member Name: Guffman Fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Show & Seating help
 Jan 5 2007, 09:33:19 PM
Thanks, all, for your good advice. We are a couple in our 30's, no kids, both into the arts. On our last trip we saw Mamma Mia (loved it), Hairspray (loved LOVED it), and Movin Out (didn't love it so much- although the dancing was outstanding).Thanks for the feedback on the Producers- maybe we'll skip it this trip.

re: Show & Seating help
 Jan 5 2007, 05:28:00 PM
I can't even thank you guys enough for your input. We who rarely get to NY depend on your insight to make our few days there count. :)
Got my Wicked tickets today- rear mezz, but dead center (thanks for the input about not getting the partial view). Excited about that.

Considering the cheap seats for Drowsy Chaperone (LOVE LOVE LOVE Sutton-- saw her in the OBC of TMM) (would we miss too much being in the $25 seats?) and what other shows??? My husband and I don't have really picky t

Show & Seating help
 Jan 5 2007, 12:15:17 AM
Hi everyone. We will be visiting NY in March (for the third time in 5 years) and, considering I read these boards faithfully, I know there are many theatre lovers who can help me with these questions. I am trusting you guys as the Theatre Gurus I know you can be. :) Please give me some input on the following issues.

1. We'll probably be seeing three shows during our visit. Our initial plans were for Wicked (still looking for tickets), Spamalot, and one other. Producers? Color Purple? So

re: Contact National Tour
 Aug 29 2004, 06:06:41 PM
Thanks, all of you, for your input!! Sounds like it would be definitely something to see. We'll make plans to do so.
Contact National Tour
 Aug 29 2004, 01:22:01 PM
We are interested in seeing the national tour of Contact when it comes to our town in the spring, but didn't know what exactly to expect. Saw Movin'Out on Broadway this summer (what phenomenal dancing!) and didn't know if Contact was similar in that there was no dialogue in that one either? How about the dancing? Is there much plot? Should we see this? Somehow we missed both the BUZZ and the DETAILS about this show. Someone want to help??
re: Trying to decide between Movin Out and Mama Mia. Opinions?
 Aug 18 2004, 08:00:59 AM
I saw both in June when I was in NY. Movin Out's primary focus is the dancing. It is all modern- choreographed by Twila Tharp. Very complicated and physically challenging. We weren't aware until we went, however, that there is NO dialogue. AT ALL. You are able to follow the plot by reading the notes in the playbill (do this as soon as you sit down!), and the dancing IS truly fantastic, particularly the second act. But the NO DIALOGUE thing threw us in the beginning.

Mamma Mia however,

TMM & Hairspray Karaoke!
 Aug 17 2004, 10:00:16 PM
The new karaoke CD is out that COMBINES Thoroughly Modern Millie and Hairspray! What a combination!! It includes 16 songs total. I have been waiting for a karaoke cd of TMM *FOREVER* and just happened to check online tonight. I priced it a few places, but Amazon seems to have the lowest price at $22.95. Amazon doesn't list the songs included, I had to do a general search on the web to find the list. The best ones from both shows are all on there! I ordered mine tonight. Enjoy, guys!
re: Songs about FOOD
 Aug 3 2004, 09:42:24 PM
The song "Too Good To Be Bad" from "The Goodbye Girl" is all about eating the "good" foods-- sweets, chocolate, fats, etc. It's hilarious! Also, I would have to agree with the poster who mentioned "Mabel's Prayer" from "Fame" - what a great song!!
re: What was your favorite play/musical you yourself have been in?
 Jul 28 2004, 09:17:47 PM
(my first post- I'm so excited)
I'm currently playing Paula in our community theatre production of "The Goodbye Girl". What a cute story and music! Can't believe it didn't do better on Broadway with a great pair like Bernadette and Martin Short! It's been my favorite theatre experience so far!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You