News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wolvfbfn

Member Name: wolvfbfn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Julia Murney as Evita at Sacramento's Music Circus
 Aug 19 2008, 02:33:44 PM
I don't like to criticize perfomers, but I have to go between Monkey and AB in my opinion of Julia's performance Sunday. I didn't think she was awful, but I was expecting so much more from her, especially "A New Argentina". The boyfriend was even a bit put off, but we were both quite impressed with the second act. She was so much better and it was great. To me, being able to recover like that just proves what a great performer she is.
 Aug 18 2008, 08:01:26 PM
I have to agree about Kari Yancy as The Mistress. That song was probably the highlight of the first act for me.

The accent, or lack of one, didn't bother me at all, as I wasn't expecting one. I think it would have been more distracting if she'd used one, especially a bad one.

Aug 18 2008, 04:19:42 PM
Music Circus is so great b/c it is a theater in the round making all the staging so unique. Not to mention all the talent they get.

Review for Evita: The first act seemed to have pitch and volume issues (volume in that the orchestra was louder than the singers). That was mostly fixed in the second act. Julia seemed much better in the second act songs, but she, along with Eric, were amazing overall. It was, in sum, a great production and I'm glad I went. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You