News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shannon Bo Dannon

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Member Name: Shannon Bo Dannon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022  May 21 2021, 07:56:20 PM

I have tickets for February! I was supposed to see it in June last year. I had a whole trip planned that revolved around the 2020 Tonys...womp womp.

Favourite musical theatre duets?  May 5 2019, 03:29:56 PM
When You’re Home- In the Heights
First Date/Last Night- Dogfight
Dear Theodosia- Hamilton
Bad Idea- Waitress

Falsettos National Tour  Feb 16 2019, 10:54:39 AM

I saw the show in Dallas on February 14. I thought it was wonderful. There wasn't a weak link in the cast,  and they all had great chemistry. Everyone's vocals were very strong. I thought Nick Blaemire and Max Von Essen in particular were excellent. The Jason I saw was Thatcher Jacobs, and he was great. He has a beautiful voice and held his own with the adults on stage. I highly recommend seeing this tour if you can!

ALL ABOUT EVE in the West End  Feb 7 2019, 10:02:48 PM

That review definitely worries me, but I'm still excited to see the show! I'm going at the end of this month. 

Hamilton-Convince me.  Feb 4 2019, 11:12:12 PM

Yes, but you should probably lower your expectations. 

Hair  Feb 4 2019, 11:00:02 PM

It probably would've been terrible, but I was looking forward to it. Oh well. As long as the networks keep doing musicals, I'm good. I'd love to see The Music Man or Annie done some time. 

Best production of Wicked You've Ever Seen  Feb 17 2018, 04:28:54 PM

I loved the 1st national tour in 2009 with Donna Vivino as Elphaba and Katie Rose Clarke as Glinda. Richard H. Blake as Fiyero and Ben Liebert as Boq were also great.

What is the cleverest stage trick you have seen?  Feb 19 2017, 10:00:37 PM

I still can't get over that quick change during Show Off in The Drowsy Chaperone.

At 2:54: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuGBg-iam2U

Jonathan Crombie RIP  Apr 18 2015, 06:58:33 PM

This is so incredibly devastating. I always loved him as Gilbert. RIP

My Little ANNIE (2014) Review  Dec 3 2014, 12:45:40 AM
This movie was even worse then Hairspray

I stopped reading your review right there.

Image to release the OBC INTO THE WOODS performance on Blu-Ray  Sep 12 2014, 11:42:48 PM
what is going on with Red's legs...
re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Jul 28 2014, 01:42:41 PM
I met Gavin Creel and the whole cast of Hair back in 2009 and it was so wonderful; they were all incredibly kind and I got to have decent conversations with each of them. I told Gavin how much he meant to me and I remember he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, it meant so much.

I also met Norbert Leo Butz when he toured with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in Dallas in 2006. He was the first Broadway star I ever met and he was so funny and nice. I was so nervous to meet him and he put me at

Worst Musical of all time?  Jun 29 2014, 12:57:02 PM
The worst show I've ever seen was Wonderful Town. I don't know if it was just the cast I saw or the book but I couldn't stand it.
Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?  Oct 3 2011, 05:46:21 PM
The two I could listen to for the rest of my life are the OBC of Into the Woods and the revival of Hair.
Les Miserables Movie Auditions/Casting Info  Sep 21 2011, 03:36:50 PM
I think he even had to sell T-shirts and souvenirs before it started.

This made me laugh a bit too loudly in the library! Whoops.

Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed  Sep 7 2011, 07:17:36 PM
I don't think Nick has the charm or the wit to pull off this part but I hope he proves me wrong.

Moments You Love in Cast Recordings  Aug 16 2011, 01:26:07 AM
Bare
In the title song: "That I LOVE YOOOUUU and I loved you from the start..." and the buildup before it. Goosebumps. (Pretty much the entire song gives me goosebumps).

Book of Mormon
Spooky Mormon Hell Dream: "I can't believe Jesus called me a DICK!" Oh my god, it's hysterical. That recording is one the funniest things I've ever heard.

Bye Bye Birdie
Honestly Sincere: "HUG ME! Suffer!" I don't know why but it makes me laugh every time.

A Chorus L

How'd You Get Into Theatre?  Aug 11 2011, 02:38:40 PM
Well, I grew up watching the classic musicals (West Side Story, The Sound of Music, etc) and those inspired me to perform in church musicals when I was a kid (from ages 6-13). I always thought I wanted to act so I decided to take Theatre I in high school. I soon found out that I much preferred to work behind the scenes, mainly in costumes, which I've been doing ever since. I also didn't know much about Broadway until my friend in that class played me the recordings of Wicked, Avenue Q, Hairspray
Godspell Cast?  Aug 11 2011, 03:02:07 AM
SO excited about Hunter, I think he'll do a phenomenal job.
All that chat is just reporting HOW TO SUCCEED's 100th performance cancelle  Jun 23 2011, 01:03:03 AM
This is so heartbreaking. RIP
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You