hyperbole_and_a_half
#2Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:14pm

Only on Broadway: 40 year old Fiyeros and 16 year old World Wide Wicket CEOs

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:16pm

No. Just, no. Girls are gonna start a campaign/online petition to get this on DVD, movie theaters, or a new cast album because their mamas are not gonna pay for them to fly to NYC... unless they're bratty children... did you WATCH the Hairspray @ Hollywood Bowl videos?

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#3Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:17pm

I second Johnny's reaction.

His performance in Les Mis (both the actual show and the O2) was terrible. The fangirls are going to turn the show into a screaming mess.

Seems to me the producers are now just aiming to milk $$$ from the fangirls with Criss and Jonas. Not that Radcliffe doesn't have his fangirls, but they aren't AS bad.

Oh lord.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#4Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:30pm

He wasn't right for Marius at all and was way out of his league for the concert. That said, this is the type of role I can really see him doing well in, if his fans let him.

From the videos of the Bowl's production he looked like a good Link, who would have been better given more rehearsal. His fans were the problem, never letting him get a word in.

I saw him in both Les Mis and Annie Get Your Gun when he was a kid, and he was great in both.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#5Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:31pm

Great Casting! I always thought J. Pierrepont should look constipated the entire show!

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#6Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:39pm

^^This. Awesome!

loverly Profile Photo
loverly
#7Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:41pm

I think he's cute--not as exciting as Darren Criss but still cute.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#8Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:50pm

I'm not sure- he did seem to be a capable Link, so he's obviously not untalented. But he was WAY out of his depth as Marius. I suppose from a business view they're trying to avoid a steep drop when Radcliffe leaves. Should be interesting at least!

loverly Profile Photo
loverly
#9Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 12:51pm

I don't know anything about the Jonas Brothers. Which one has the most fans?

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#10Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 1:09pm

I'd rather see Brian Justin Crum.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

broadwayjim42
#11Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 1:11pm

LOL Mildred...so true!

Since my daughter is a fan of both Criss and Jonas, I'm hoping she'll be satisfied with one or the other.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 1:12pm

I don't know anything about the Jonas Brothers. Which one has the most fans?

I don't know much but of the three brothers I think Nick is the cutest and Nick is the only know I know by name.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#13Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:01pm

""Great Casting! I always thought J. Pierrepont should look constipated the entire show!""

this will be the 2nd time....Broderick was the first.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#14Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:31pm

Money makes da vorld go 'round.

Jut close the damn thing and be done with it. I know that's harsh, but it's a business in every sense of the word.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Tony2600
#15Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:35pm

Damn! I was so hoping he’d do Porgy instead of this.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:42pm

Great Casting! I always thought J. Pierrepont should look constipated the entire show!

Well, he looks like he's pooping his pants in the promo shot, so maybe that won't be a problem anymore!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ahhrealmonsters
#17Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:47pm

Bobby Steggert must be pissed. He's talked about this being his dream role, and he's lost it to Harry Potter, the Glee kid, and a Jonas Brother. Sorry, Bobby. I'll buy you a drink to console you.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#18Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 2:53pm

Then I bet Hunter Foster's pissed too.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#19Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 3:05pm

Jut close the damn thing and be done with it. I know that's harsh, but it's a business in every sense of the word.

Which is why it's called "Show Business" and not "Show Charity". They're going to keep it running as long as they're making money. Every show is like that - not just this one.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#20Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 3:23pm

I think the other Jonas is hotter. The one who kind of smolders, the one who looks like a model. I forget all their names, not like it matters. But he can't sing at all, so he'll never do stage work.

You couldn't pay me to sit through that musical with him. I was hoping Adam Pascal would take over.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#21Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 3:44pm

Who is his acting coach? Nick Adams?

If Mormon runs years, will Justin Bieber join the cast?

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

TimmyJ51 Profile Photo
TimmyJ51
#23Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 4:06pm

Must EVERY response be SO jaded, bitchy, and elitist? It's a fairly lightweight role, he's an amiable enough singer, and I think he has enough presence to pull the role off.

Personally, I never go into a show wanting any of the actors to suck, and I'd like to reserve judgment until he actually opens in the role. Are the fan girls going to be annoying? Hell yes. However, if Nick Jonas can keep a good production of a classic Broadway musical open - and, in turn, keep many Broadway actors employed - then I'm all for it. I doubt he's going to be the abomination that everyone seems to want him to be.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#24Nick Jonas to replace Darren Criss in How to Succeed
Posted: 9/7/11 at 4:47pm

It's a tie between madbrian and fflag for the win.

I personally think he'll do fine in the role. Granted I've never seen him perform before but he can obvioulsy sing and dance.

As far as the show is concerned, I think the producers hit the jackpot. I'm not crazy about the theater turning into a pre-teen mob 8 times a week, but what can you do?

But the REAL questions are:

1)What is the Jonas equivalent of a Claymate called?

2)When will they descend upon this board in a rage fueled mania to destroy every poster who dares utter a bad word about their diety?

....but the world goes 'round