News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lalarox

Member Name: lalarox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Andy Karl tonight
 Apr 15 2017, 01:00:31 PM

I can't imagine how he'd do the staging with an injury.  

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

The scene where he keeps trying to kill himself would maybe be the most difficult.  He is moving so quickly between suicide attempts and the bed. It looked like he was being replaced by a body double, while he runs around the stage, or under

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
 Mar 17 2017, 02:00:09 PM

They were handing out slips of paper last night that said to email customerservice@jujamcyn.com to re-book, but also saying that everyone would receive an email today.  I emailed, but have only received an automatic email back so far.

Cabaret Rush
 May 7 2014, 11:22:18 AM
Any updates on this? Have they been selling rush tickets? If so, what time are people showing up?
HAIR is Coming Back to Broadway; Tour to Play St. James July 5 - September 10
 Apr 13 2011, 12:41:58 PM
Actually, the Hirschfeld has around 1,200 seats, not 11,000, and the St. James has around 2,600, not 13,000.

Still a big theater to fill, but as you said, it's a simple load in and go. Almost all profit. From what I've heard, people are really excited about this.

Thank You For Your Support
 Jan 30 2011, 12:43:55 PM
I am a Broadway performer. I love the stage door. I loved it when I went as a fan, and I love it even more as a performer. I know that not everyone feels the way I do, but I kind of don't understand that. The fans are why we are able to be up there doing what we love to do! Yes, I have seen many fans over and over again, but I know it's because they love what they are seeing so much, and that makes me feel really good about what I do. Most of them are not creepy. Socially awkward? Someti
1 Ticket for Hair at The Pantages
 Jan 4 2011, 04:14:47 PM
Hello! I am a season subscriber at the Pantages, and have one ticket available for Wed. Jan. 12th at 8 pm. The seat is Orchestra Center Right, row G, seat 211. I'm hoping to get $70, which is a little less than I paid for it. Please PM me if you're interested. It's also a "collectors" ticket, with the Hair artwork on the ticket.

Thanks!

Question about Shrek.
 Dec 27 2010, 02:42:55 PM
I remember hearing that her original costume was too heavy, and taking quite a toll on her body. This must be from after they changed it.
re: MTV VMA's go to the west side ( story that is)
 Aug 16 2009, 01:03:17 AM
The Cobra Starship one was kind of cool, but Taylor Swift sounded AWFUL! Let's hope no one decides to put her in a Broadway show!
re: Auditions at the AEA Audition Center
 Jul 15 2009, 02:52:35 AM
If you go to the Equity building to file your EMC paperwork, you can get your card that day. Then, being EMC, you'll be allowed to wait inside, use the bathroom, etc.

I believe the building opens at 9, but there's usually a line outside by 8am for most big calls.

re: Michael Mcdonald (HAIR constume designer) & Martin Pakledinaz (Blithe S
 May 6 2009, 01:49:50 PM
Great interviews! I'm so glad Michael McDonald was nominated for a tony! He so deserves it!
re: Video coverage of Broadway Speaks OUT live
 Apr 23 2009, 01:52:43 AM
It was such a great show! I loved everything that everyone did!
re: Photo Coverage: 2009 'Broadway Beauty Pageant'
 Apr 22 2009, 02:37:38 AM
Yeah, Anthony was completely original, not just a carbon copy of what people think looks good. I am so glad he won! I wish I could have been there, I heard his song was amazing!
re: Marissa Perry, Donnell James Forman, And Lauren Elder Among MGC Product
 Apr 14 2009, 01:19:40 AM
Ok, this is getting a little out of hand. If you don't like his posts, don't pay attention to them. Other people post things repeatedly and there's nothing wrong with that. MGC is actually trying to make a difference in the world. He is doing something positive with his time, which I think is extremely commendable. He never said he was a huge name, and even if he was, he would still want to get the word out, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus, if broadwayworld is posting articles ab
re: Flowers to Broadway performer @ the theatre?
 Mar 25 2009, 12:38:24 PM
Just send them to the theater stage door with the performer's name on them, and the name of the theater. It should be no problem!
re: SA workshop cast?
 Feb 21 2009, 12:30:39 AM
Haven was Wendla in the workshop in 1999 in La Jolla. Unfortunately, by the time they got it to New York, they felt she was too old to play the part.
re: Acting Summer Programs
 Feb 10 2009, 07:41:59 PM
I highly recommend Circle in the Square. I attended their two year program and feel it was the best decision I have ever made. My roomate at the time was attending Atlantic Theater Company, and would tell me constantly that he wished he had gone to Circle. What I thought was really great about their program was that they taught many different acting techniques and let you decide which worked best for you. It was an intense program, but really gave me excellent training that made me confident
re: Prestigous California MT/Theatre College
 Feb 8 2009, 07:52:40 PM
University of California at Irvine has a great theater department.
re: Norbert in Cabaret
 Jan 27 2009, 10:58:52 PM
Norbert was so great as the emcee! He actually pulled me up on stage when I saw the show in San Fransisco!
re: Shrek The Musical
 Jan 27 2009, 11:50:47 AM
If you would show your daughter the movie Shrek, then the musical would be fine. It has fun music and colorful characters and an easy to follow story line, but a lot of jokes to keep the adults entertained as well. I don't remember anything that would be inappropriate for children. I would suggest maybe a matinee, though. When I saw an evening performance I noticed a few youngsters falling asleep before the end.
re: Lauren Graham interview - partly about Guys and Dolls
 Jan 23 2009, 08:56:24 PM
She is so cute! I can't wait to see her new show, as I am a huge Arrested Development fan!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You