News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for heidi2

Member Name: heidi2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

student tix?
 Aug 15 2009, 12:35:08 PM
Has anyone bought those student tickets that they supposedly sell two hours before curtain for $41.50? Is there an insane line? Are the seats good? I'd love to go if I could get those... (and sorry if this has been discussed in the 35pp of this thread! I looked through a few pages and didn't spot anything.)
re: What was your best/worst stagedoor encounter
 Aug 15 2009, 12:31:51 PM
I think the best one was Tale of Two Cities. Huge cast, but they pretty much all came down the line and were very lovely to talk to. Genuinely interested in hearing opinions, since it was still in previews. And they were all big on eye contact, I remember being surprised by that as well. Gregg Edelman and Brandi Burkhardt were especially chatty and sweet. A young theater student next to me nearly swooned over James Barbour, and I hung out with her dad laughing at the spectacle. He was very
re: What is your favorite eleventh hour number?
 Sep 6 2008, 08:15:38 PM
I also have to go for "Once Before I Go" in The Boy From Oz. Which, oddly enough, was a substitute during previews, because "Tenterfield Saddler" wasn't going over with the Broadway audience, though it plays so well in Australia.
interesting
 Aug 29 2008, 12:43:17 AM
Hey all, I went to see the show again yesterday, having seen it in the first week. They had cut Dr. Manette's opening song, but Edelman told me at the stage door that they are changing that opening every day, and it could just as well be back in today. The graveyard scene cut is a good one, and they moved Lucie's Act II song up to let the ending flow better.

My first stage door experience, lots of fun.

I wrote posts on my blog if anyone is interested in lots of detail. Not trying to self-advertise or anything (it's a low key personal blog), just don't want to bore people with huge posts on here.
http://liberalreader.blogspot.com/2008/08/tale-of-two-cities-part-xvdci.html
and about the stage door experience:
http://liberalreader.blogspot.com/2008/08/stage-door-jane.html

interesting
 Aug 27 2008, 04:45:26 PM
Very interested to hear that they cut the graveyard number. They had to. It was comic relief that did nothing in the way of plot, character development, anything. "No Honest Way" is enough in that genre, and it serves the plot.

If I could make one change, and it'd be a big one, I'd knock out one of the ensemble numbers. Maybe axe Until Tomorrow, the Act I closer, and move things around so that they could end with one of the early versions of Out of Sight, Out of Mind or one of the o

question about my seats!
 Aug 25 2008, 03:35:06 PM
Also depends where you are in the 2nd row; if not at the extreme sides, you might get a decent view. the footlights didn't bother me much.

without a trace, I haven't been seeing Tale tickets on tdf. Do they pop up at the last minute, or have they dried up?

re: Spring Awakening tickets?
 Aug 25 2008, 10:40:31 AM
Thanks. Great to know!
Spring Awakening tickets?
 Aug 25 2008, 12:14:52 AM
My friend wants to go see Spring Awakening. Anyone know what the rush situation is for those right now? are we talking lining up hours before the box office opens? Or are they on tdf? Thanks for any help.
re: A TALE OF TWO CITIES - Second Preview - 8/20/08
 Aug 24 2008, 11:42:56 PM
No kidding -- those were probably above my head and I didn't even see anything that was going on in the boxes. Thanks for the info!
 Aug 24 2008, 11:19:22 PM
Have you been rushing for tix? They told me they were only selling them starting 2 hours before the show, but I got there early and they sold them to me without any questions. And I had a rotten seat, last on the right in the first row. The box seats were empty... it's one of the few times I've sighed for a box seat.
 Aug 24 2008, 09:53:37 PM
I also was there at the second preview and definitely noticed that there wasn't a child walking up the steps! I agree that it's a continuity problem if they're going to have that child at all.

I wrote a little review of this on my own blog, and then a couple of follow-ups because I found it just really stayed with me.
http://liberalreader.blogspot.com/2008/08/tale-of-two-cities.html

Short version: Barbour was simply mesmerizing. I find myself still thinking about his performance days later. The whole cast is amazing, though Aaron Lazar, Natalie Toro, and the man who plays Defarge (sorry, name not to hand at the moment) were my standouts. A great dramatic ensemble show. I hope it has legs.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You