News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Acaila

Member Name: Acaila
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?
 Jul 9 2009, 01:53:08 PM
Listening to OLC Lord of the Rings quite a bit.
A lot of Les Mis, though not any particular recording.
Assassins revival, Ragtime OBC and Rock of Ages OBC are the other ones I'm playing quite a bit at the moment.

re: List of planned movie-musicals?
 Jul 2 2009, 07:52:44 PM
I might just die of happiness if they made a Drowsy film. For some reason I've always been convinced it'd make a wonderful film despite its theatricality.

And the casting guru in my head says Tim Curry for Underling.

Favorite Moments
 Jun 29 2009, 05:59:43 PM
Michael Ball in Les Mis - "My world if she's not the-ey-ere".

As We Stumble Along (reprise) from Drowsy, "It does what a musical is supposed to do, it lifts you up and gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue" I just melt. That show gives me the warm fuzzies!

Much as I hate to admit it, the intro to One Song Glory on the movie soundtrack of Rent.

Those are the first few that come to mind without my ipod to hand.

re: Broadway voices and food comparisons.
 Jun 23 2009, 07:24:27 PM
Tried to think of what Josh Groban sounds like and baked potato somehow seemed appropriate. Warm and fibrey!
re: If you could play one role from any show on stage, what would it be?
 Jun 23 2009, 06:19:29 AM
Florence from Chess
re: Shows that you don't get
 Jun 19 2009, 01:32:26 PM
Rent, never understood what people see in it.
re: Ragtime or Les Miserables
 Jun 17 2009, 08:42:54 PM
If I were to criticise Ragtime, and bear in mind it's a favourite show of mine, it'd be for the habit that every song ends in a big choral power finish. If I were ever to do the show, I'd be keen to fiddle with the arrangements to downplay that a bit. Les Mis does the little joinup bits of business so well I feel and isn't just one big exhausting number after another. Always makes me a bit sad cos I slag Wildhorn for being constant power ballads but Ragtime can be rather repetitive like that
re: Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
 Jun 17 2009, 08:39:18 PM
Up until quite recently, when I think I happened to read a lyric, I would have sworn blind that in the sewers scene in Les Mis, Valjean sung

It's you Javert, I knew you wouldn't wait too long
The faithful servant at his post once more

was
The faithful servant in this postman's war

Was always annoyed that I didn't understand the reference!

Jun 17 2009, 06:39:39 AM
My favourite song in Ragtime seems to change like every five minutes. Right now it's He Wanted to Say, but it can be most anything from act one, He Wanted to Say, Sarah Brown Eyes and of course Back to Before.

Les Mis my favourites are Stars, Confrontation and Soliloquoy (oh what a surprise) but I love all the little bits like Upon These Stones and The Final Attack and the oboe solo that can make me cry.

A few years back, I actually made myself a compilation of Les Mis - it ha

Jun 16 2009, 07:20:01 PM
Oh rofl. Too long since I've seen that vid!
Bryant is rather hopeless and insipid, to put it mildly.
What is up with Ruffelle's facial expressions?!
Are you sure that's Tony Crivello? It looks more like Queen's Brian May!
They also appear to have been joined by Rambo...
I don't hate Javerrence Mann too much in that -normally I can't stand him.
Colm looks soooo young!

Jun 16 2009, 05:08:28 PM
Make some room among the rotting vegetables for me then!

I was never massively keen on the OBC, Colm Wilkinson is the only one I like on it and it's not like he's difficult to get ahold of in the role.

[i]it sounds like they're having a contest to see who can pronounce things more bizarrely[/i]

Rofl Schmerg, that's so dead on!

re: Misleading Titles
 Jun 16 2009, 05:02:03 PM
Les Mis for me. Like Schmerg, I thought it wasn't going to be in English. "But muuuuuum, I don't want to go see some stoopid French opera!!!" Oh how I've eaten my words.
 Jun 16 2009, 04:05:21 PM
Would be interesting to hear which one youend up preferring
 Jun 16 2009, 10:53:02 AM
Definitely get Les Mis then.

The best recording to get though is the Complete Symphonic Recording, overall strong cast and has so much that is missed from other versions. Still, OLC or the concert are both good (OLC was my first CD version of it, though not for long as I quickly bought every version I could get my hands on)

I absolutely adore Ragtime and it's an album I listen to a lot and would recommend to anyone, but Les Mis is the best show ever created and buying it is an

Jun 16 2009, 10:38:11 AM
Do you have a copy of Les Mis already?
I absolutely adore both musicals, but Les Mis is necessary for life. If you have the complete symphonic recording and/or tenth anniversary concert, you could perhaps hold off and buy Ragtime now, but if not, has to be Les Mis.
That said, I'd get both if you could possibly manage it.

re: Dessa Rose
 Feb 1 2009, 04:18:02 PM
Hmm, I'm quite tempted by this, seeing as I'm on a bit of an A&F binge atm
re: Current Events Musicals
 Jan 31 2009, 09:48:12 AM
Michael Cerveris as Dr Phil...that should be the dictionary definition for "win"!
re: Jackman Gives EW A Hint About His Oscar Hosting Plan: 'Nudity'
 Jan 29 2009, 01:15:43 PM
Naked Hugh Jackman? I'd watch for that!
re: New shows in ireland.
 Jan 29 2009, 12:51:34 PM
Weez, what about those of us who aren't on the other side of the wall! (and the wall has holes, you're not that safe!)
re: Cast Recordings You Wish You Hadn't Bought
 Jan 26 2009, 05:29:41 PM
Chess - OBC. I hate it so much I won't even keep it with my CD collection in case it's aura somehow corrupts them too.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You