News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Zinone

Member Name: Zinone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Central Park on Apple TV  Jul 25 2020, 10:36:44 AM

From my understanding, it's less about how the person sounds than the fact that mixed race roles aren't available in the same quantity as roles for white performers, so the optics of a white actor taking a role like this, albeit an animated one, are... not ideal. 

Katharine McPhee To Star in West End's  Nov 23 2018, 11:17:00 AM

bryan2 said: "Katherine is great in this and I heard that Smash is well known in the UK. I am glad and hope they record this"

It's well-known by musical theatre nerds, and that's about it! 

Smash Song Help?  Jun 9 2013, 07:42:11 PM

TONY Award Performances  Jun 8 2013, 09:54:02 AM
The thought that we might see something from Megan as Marilyn is sending me into convulsions.

Ideally, since we almost saw it on the finale but didn't, a fully-staged Let's Be Bad introduced by Anjelica Huston (announcing its development as a full-scale musical) would be lovely.

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --  Mar 14 2013, 07:46:54 AM
Leslie Odom Jr. has put his cover of Justin Timberlake's Mirrors online featuring some backstage footage - 1:32 looks like a fully-staged Touch Me, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeyX0ClVCfo

Richard Fleeshman, Caissie Levy, Bryce Pinkham & Da'Vine Joy Randolph to Star in GHOST THE MUSICAL on Broadway  Nov 29 2011, 11:50:43 AM
I wasn't impressed by Sharon D Clarke in the least - her performance is wildly overrated in my opinion, so I don't think she deserved to open the show on Broadway. Richard and Caissie are both great.
RENT 11/21 8PM  Nov 22 2011, 11:32:44 AM
Matt Shingledecker messed up Light My Candle when I saw it earlier this month, leaving the understudy Mimi to pick up the song at "Bah humbug", which came out of nowhere.

Again, he just laughed... professional. As I said at the time, Off-Off-Broadway beckons.

MEMPHIS - What A Difference a Pascal Makes!  Nov 16 2011, 06:29:37 AM
I agree with the anti-Kimball/pro-Pascal sentiments. I've seen it once with Chad and once with Adam, and found the latter occasion a much more pleasurable experience thanks to his take on Huey. Many of Kimball's choices were just bizarre and frequently off-putting.

I can't quite get behind the Montego Glover praise though - both times I've seen the show she's ducked out of the high notes in Colored Woman, and they're not even that high, relatively speaking. I have found her vocal p

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread  Sep 13 2011, 12:05:48 PM
Oh bless their earnest little hearts, but this is just bad. (Not from a high school, but I feel its home is here nevertheless.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjanBIL9dY

CATCH ME Review 4/23 Mat  Apr 25 2011, 12:58:11 PM
I saw it last Thursday night. I might have been a bit coloured by the lukewarm-at-best reviews but it was my least favourite show out of 6 I saw during my trip (Mormon, Sister Act, Memphis, Anything Goes and How to Succeed being the others).

I was glad to see Aaron in person since I missed Next to Normal and Norbert was excellent, but I just didn't care much about anything. The songs were okay in the moment but pretty forgettable, and I have no desire to hear any of them again... Fly F

How to Succeed Rush  Apr 25 2011, 12:39:36 PM
I was first in line at 8am recently. It was only at about 9:40 (still the only one in line) that I realised there's no show on Mondays. A great moment in my life. (In my defense, there was a little Broadway guide that said they did Monday shows)

The following Wednesday, my boyfriend called into the box office after 10am and got two in Row B Orchestra. This was two weeks ago.

re: re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread  Jan 29 2011, 02:41:07 PM
Does anyone know the name of the green-shirted white dance-off guy from the Tonys performance? And is he still in the show?
Ever wondered what Next to Normal would sound like in a Glee style?  Mar 24 2010, 03:37:41 AM
What an incredibly sycophantic audience.

And how strange that 6 people on the OBCR can make a bigger and fuller sound than 30 plus there.

Legally Blonde UK line changes  Mar 20 2010, 07:55:49 AM
Yeah, it definitely works.

One line they should have changed is "white shoes after Labor Day" - (practically) nobody here knows what that is and it never gets a laugh. It could be replaced with anything, "double denim" or any other fashion faux pas and it would be much improved.

Another change that happened during previews was changing Paulette's "With one more on the way/and we live out in Worcester" to "And this one's name is Seamus". Presumably changed to avoid confusion

Ever wondered what Next to Normal would sound like in a Glee style?  Mar 18 2010, 11:28:38 AM
The video has made its way to the Booth Theatre and Kyle Dean Massey (at least) loves it!

http://www.broadway.com/videos/show/next-to-normal/normal-life-with-kyle-dean-massey-video-blog-11/

Ever wondered what Next to Normal would sound like in a Glee style?  Mar 11 2010, 11:29:55 AM
Me neither but here's your answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyIPmidV_Uc

Not exactly tasteful, is it?

Legally Blonde The Musical London looks set to be a big camp hit  Jan 15 2010, 12:15:41 PM
"Jerry Mitchell mentioned in a talkback from the WOS outing that they didn't want to talk of "shooting people in the knees". It's avaliable to listen to on the website."

Can't quite work our if you mean the LB website, this website or the WOS site! Would love to hear that talkback.

West End Board coming out thread  Sep 30 2009, 08:41:36 AM
There's a cheap but fun video on the official site of the London cast performing So Much Better

Link: http://www.legallyblondethemusical.co.uk/funstuff/index.php

re: if Xanadu can make it....  Feb 10 2009, 09:35:51 AM
Maybe I'm lacking a certain objectivity having grown up with the music (or maybe I've just got terrible taste) but I genuinely think the songs are, by and large, pretty great.
re: if Xanadu can make it....  Feb 10 2009, 05:03:47 AM
YES YES YES to the Grease 2 idea!

I think it would work as a Xanadu-style tongue-in-cheek sort of affair. Seeing the biker heaven scene onstage would be the highlight of my life (not really but you know...).

Oh and the actor playing Michael would have to be tone-deaf.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You