TONY Award Performances

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#1TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 1:13pm

Any word on who will perform what.

My friend works for Tricorn and they were working on a special Cinderella transformation dress for the TONYS.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:19pm

Why don't you look at the other 4 threads talking about this same topic. Ever think of that?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:29pm

A link would suffice. No need to be so rude to a regular poster.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:29pm

Double Updated On: 5/25/13 at 04:29 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#4TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:32pm

Don't you think a regular poster would know to search?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:45pm

And you should know that the sesarch feature sucks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#6TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:56pm

Did we get confirmation that Kinky is doing Everybody Say Yeah or did I hallucinate that?

I imagine Matilda will do When I Grow Up. Drood, probably Don't Quit While You're Ahead, possibly There You Are. Annie, most definitely Tomorrow unless they want to show off Jane Lynch. I'm not familiar with Pippin, but I suspect it will be Magic to Do.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

dramamama611
#7TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 4:59pm

Drood will not be performing. (So most sources say.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 5:23pm

Yes, that's what KINKY is performing.

mjroberts972
#9TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 5:55pm

I really hope that HARDBODY performs and preferably "Joy to the Lord"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#10TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 6:15pm

There would (unfortunately) be no reason for HARDBODY to perform.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#11TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 6:16pm

To promote a tour and/or licensing?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#12TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 6:20pm

Yeah, ucj. No need to be a wise guy. I don't see any topics of this.

Anyway, my guesses:

BEST MUSICAL:
Bring it On-The song they did at Macy's
Christmas Story-I don't know the musical that well, so idk.
Kinky Boots-Everyone Say Yeah obvs.
Matilda-PRAYING NOT Revolting Children, it's so overly used now. I'm guessing it'll be a mix of The Hammer (to show off Bertie), and the bows version of When I Grow Up/Naughty (and they will keep the swings). I won't be surprised about Bruce or Smell of Rebellion.

REVIVAL:
Annie-This will be hard since they'll obivously show off Jane. So maybe a mix of Little Girls/Hard Knock Life/Tomorrow/I Don't Need Anyone, but You
The Mystery of Edwin Drood-IF PERFORMING, again, I don't know the musical that well. But, anything with Stephanie J. Block
Pippin-There's a lot of good choices. Anything can work. Maybe "Magic to Do"
Cinderella-Since E.Davis's friend says that there will be the transformation, obivously "Impossible/Possible" and Ten Minutes Ago.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#13TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 6:45pm

Is Memphis performing live from Six Flags Magic Mountain?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#14TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 6:57pm

Jennifer Perry confirmed at the stage door that they'll be performing "Everybody Say Yeah" although I wish they'd do "Raise You Up"

If Drood does perform I'd imagine that the easiest option would be "Two Kingsmen"

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

mamaleh
#15TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 7:27pm

So agree--"Everybody Say Yeah" is so bland-generic. "Raise You Up" has more oomph, more spirit.

wicked4l
#16TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/25/13 at 7:40pm

They were debating between Raise You Up and Everybody Say Yeah! They went with "Yeah" I think they should've done the finale and actually shown the boots... The runway is the point of the show... lol

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#17TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 1:34am

I have a friend in MOTOWN that posted that they will be performing a number, but I don't know which one. Perhaps one that showcases Valisia?

JohnyBroadway
#18TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 1:49am

I'm hoping they showcase Carolee in a number from Scandalous! Perhaps Stand up...

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#19TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 1:49am

Drood ain't performing. Real tears over here.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

binau Profile Photo
binau
#20TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 1:52am

If they are going to showcase Carolee surely it would have to be "I HAVE A FIRE".

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#21TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 8:58am

As one of the BEST REVIVAL musicals, doesn't DROOD have to perform?

I thought all 10 musicals nominated for BEST MUSICAL or BEST REVIVAL always performed.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#22TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:14am

^No, I don't think they're required to do so, and I have heard the Roundabout in particular wouldn't shell out the cash to have a closed show perform. And there are only 8 shows nominated between those 2 categories... (Matilda, Kinky, Bring It On, and Christmas Story for Musical, and Pippin, Drood, Annie and Cinderella for Revival).

Out of the 8, the only ones who might NOT perform are Drood (its 99% confirmed they are not), and still up in the air are Bring It On and A Christmas Story. Both will most likely perform to promote their tour and seasonal comeback respectively. Motown is the most likely to perform out of all the shows not nominated for best musical, and Hands On a Hardbody and Scandalous are also possibles ('Hands' will probably have to feature a return from the entire cast if they were to do it with the truck and everything, so that could be an issue, but Scandalous could easily just get Carolee to belt one of the 'better' numbers and stick her onstage with a microphone stand and maybe her costume, and therefore maybe a little more likely to perform).

Kinky, Matilda, Cinderella, and Pippin will perform for sure, no doubt about it. Annie will, too, despite having only one nomination (for revival). Updated On: 5/26/13 at 09:14 AM

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#23TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:16am

Well, I hope DROOD does perform. LEAP OF FAITH still performed last year. They don't have to do it with full sets or anything. I didn't see LEAP OF FAITH in NYC, but it didn't appar that they used their actual sets.

dramamama611
#24TONY Award Performances
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:22am

Nobody HAS to perform. It costs a lot of money to perform...costumers, actors, moving the sets....all have to be compensated. If the producers don't want to sell out the cash, there will be no performance.

Videos