News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gigi5

Member Name: Gigi5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Discounted Cirque du Soleil tickets for sale -5/7
 May 4 2010, 08:28:09 PM
I have 2 tickets for the Cirque du Soleil show OVO on May 7th at 4 p.m. They are $47.50 each (50% discount from the regular ticket price plus $10 convenience fee). The seats are located in Section 203, row N, seats 21 and 22. Please PM me if interested.

re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
 Jan 7 2009, 01:25:16 AM
I lost count of how many times I winced during this performance.

Parker's Hedda seemed to be on drugs....or maybe in need of drugs. This Hedda was nowhere near as interesting as Blanchett's Hedda at BAM, who exuded haughtiness, elegance and a keen sadistic insight.

It's positively heartbreaking to see an actor as intensely charismatic as Cerveris wasted in the role of Jorgen Tesman. I would have loved to see him as Judge Brack or Ejlert Lovborg.

There was virtually

re: FIFTY WORDS - Funny and Poignant
 Sep 21 2008, 12:06:32 PM
I saw the play on a Thursday night. It was fairly full, but there were some empty seats on the far sides of the theater. It's a very intimate theater, only a couple hundred seats, so you don't need to worry about seat location. I used a discount on broadwaybox.com, so my ticket was $45 instead of $59. On the MCC website, it also mentions student rush (20 minutes prior to curtain) for $15 or under-30 tickets (2 hours prior to curtain) for $20.
re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
 Sep 17 2008, 03:14:04 PM
Parade

"All the Wasted Time" always brings me to tears.

re: EQUUS - Entertaining but lacks tension
 Sep 17 2008, 02:16:05 PM
I saw Gabriel Byrne in A Moon for the Misbegotten and thought he and Cherry Jones were electrifying, especially in the climatic scene at the end. What a stunning production! And Byrne did an excellent job playing the tortured soul. I did not see Camelot at Lincoln Center, but I heard he received poor reviews. Perhaps it was another example of miscasting. It would be great to see him on stage again in a role that requires no singing.
re: EQUUS - Entertaining but lacks tension
 Sep 17 2008, 01:49:41 PM
Well put - "Sucks all the sexual energy out of the play"

It also occurred to me that there might have been an underlying spark between Martin and Hesther Saloman if played by the right actors. The fact that Martin would reveal personal aspects of his marriage to Hesther and discuss with her his envy of Alan's passion makes me think that there might be some unspoken feelings there. I loved Kate Mulgrew's take on Hesther by the way, and have always found her gravelly voice to be quite

EQUUS - Entertaining but lacks tension
 Sep 17 2008, 01:13:26 PM
No doubt I will be in the minority, but I felt a bit disappointed after seeing Equus. It was extremely entertaining and kept my attention during the entire play, but I wanted to be blown away by sheer brilliance and I wasn’t. For me, the main weakness in the play is that there is no tension between Alan and Martin. I attribute this to Richard Griffiths being miscast. Daniel Radcliffe makes a fantastic Broadway debut. His Alan is intense and obsessive, full of nervous energy with battles rag
 Sep 16 2008, 05:54:06 PM
Given the length of time that Adam and Jan had been married (9+ years), I think it would have been odd for Jan to try to cover herself. Being naked in front of Adam would be such familiar territory that she wouldn't even think twice about it, especially when caught up in a heated argument. *SPOILER*

Though Jan's shock and hurt are evident when she discovers Adam's infidelity, she is still a proud woman, and I think covering up would have made her appear weak. I like how she really ba

Sep 15 2008, 12:45:10 AM
I was also initially surprised by the nudity (and the extended length of time that Jan remained topless onstage), but it was more Adam's groping that threw me. However, the display of Jan's breasts does underscore her vulnerability despite her harsh criticisms of Adam, and emphasize his sexually charged nature. He seemed bent on making her lose her train of thought while she was on the telephone, but I think it had more to do with establishing his sexual prowess as opposed to acting on pure lu
 Sep 13 2008, 12:37:42 PM
Oh %#&*!!! I've been found out. Yes, it's really me....Michael Weller in disguise.

I think it's really pathetic that new members get accused of being shills simply because their first review is a positive one. I've actually been coming to this board for a long time now (since back when we use to have more scintillating discussions and intelligent members contributing regularly). I just didn't see a need to post the 50th review of Gypsy. Last night I noticed some members inquiri

FIFTY WORDS - Funny and Poignant
 Sep 13 2008, 09:09:40 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Fifty Words, a well-acted, touching and insightful two-person play, written by Michael Weller. It's a story about the complexities of long-term relationships, the resentments that build, the memories that endure and what happens when the things that are often left unsaid between a couple abruptly surfaces in one roller coaster of an argument.

Norbert Leo Butz plays Adam, a brash, testosterone-driven architect with lower middle class roots.

Elizabeth Marve

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You