News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dory the nun

dory the nun Profile Photo
Member Name: dory the nun
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'HAIR' in Philadelphia- with publicity photos
 May 30 2007, 05:27:02 PM
bump
re: 'HAIR' in Philadelphia- with publicity photos
 May 30 2007, 12:36:59 AM
hey everyone! I just wanted to bump the thread up to the top and say hello and thanks for all the kind words and encouragement.

my name is Kathryn and I play Sheila. we definately have some tickets left this week- not a ton- but some... and they're cheaper cause its still previews till saturday- so come check it out.

Peace. Love.

"A Class Act"
 Mar 1 2007, 11:51:40 AM
does anyone know who distributes the rights to "A Class Act"?

thanks a ton.

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Oct 27 2006, 01:25:31 PM
i haven't posted on the message board in ages- but i couldn't resist.

i recently closed one of the most heartwarming tiny tiny community theater productions of "baby" you've ever seen- or not seen as we had approx. 15 people in the house every night- and i thought i'd share some gems:

...when the microphones are the size, shape and color of cockroaches and are initially taped to your chest with gaff tape, and only after you suggest that they'll pick up sound better and not make

re: UARTS Musical Theatre Program for College...check it!
 Jul 19 2006, 02:31:46 PM
oh jon boy! thanks for the sweet plug!! i will not get into this messy discussion. i will only say that, as a graduate who is off in the world- it doesn't matter where you go to college. it matters how you are trained and how seriously you take your training and apply yourself. anyone can fail at any institution. people drop out/get kicked out of all of the top schools... that shouldn't matter to you at all if you are serious about your craft. if you want t
re: PICTURE QUESTION
 Jul 5 2006, 11:46:53 PM
she's telling louise what to do to prepare for her first strip. only moments before rose tells the theater owners that louise will strip against louise's will. so louise sits quietly in front of the mirror while rose launches into a two page monologue- frantically trying to make louise, her "no talent ox" into a stripper "star" in the five minutes before she goes on stage.
lyrics- Fran and Janie
 Apr 8 2006, 04:26:20 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm looking for the lyrics to the Craig Carnelia song "Fran and Janie" from "Is There Life After High School"

thank you SO much... in advance.

re: Scott Alan
 Jan 6 2006, 06:19:37 PM
yes
Scott Alan
 Jan 6 2006, 05:53:45 PM
hey everyone... I'm wondering how to get the songs from Scott Alan's webpage into my itunes... can it be done???

I love to open and listen but I'd love it even more if i could take them with me.

that-- or on Stephanie J Block's page...

i'm really just looking for Never Never Land....

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

re: lyrics for 'move on' from sunday in the park
 Nov 13 2005, 06:14:03 PM
you guys are beautiful. i thank you kindly.

lyrics for "move on' from sunday in the park
 Nov 13 2005, 05:39:21 PM
i can not for the life of me find the lyrics to "move on" from "sunday in the park..." - i got tired of scouring the internet-- i know the fans here are so smart and efficient... i thought i'd just drop a little hello and see if you guys have any help for me.

ps- i know about the collection of lyrics and libretti page- but i cant get it to load on this computer.

thanks guys- its well appreciated.

sincerely
kati

re: name a show no one knows
 Nov 2 2005, 06:28:43 PM
gilbert and sullivan thank you
re: Has anyone ever heard of Clue: The Musical?
 Jul 26 2005, 11:31:48 PM
hahaha... i played mrs white in my high school production of Clue: the musical...

of course it is supposed to be played by a man in drag and it took SO much work to get any of the jokes to land... sans-weiner...

but how funny to see that the role you've played is dreamcast as Harvey !!!!

yaaay

re: Ever Played The Same Part Twice
 Jul 24 2005, 06:58:09 PM
I have played Linda in Blood Brothers twice--- and it was right in a row to boot.

I also played Gertrude Stein in A Lyrical Opera Made By Two twice... oh yeah. the philadelphia and UK productions... yeah... haha.. anyway

re: ORIGINAL MUSICALS
 Jul 24 2005, 10:43:19 AM
hahaha- funny you ask-

yes I played Gertrude McFuzz....

do I know you?

Jul 23 2005, 12:01:04 PM
hi everyone--- well... to answer all the questions:

1- there is no deadline... we're just interested in finding new and exciting pieces to perform... so no stress

2- we cast all types of people-- our upcoming performance is all college age students simply because that's what best suits it.. but i know at least one of the productions we're planning for next year includes people much older than college age... so really it just depends on the requirements of the piece and the avai

Jul 23 2005, 12:26:50 AM
Aw - thanks a bunch to everyone... especially Mr Yankee Boy! Its good of you to think of little us and give us a leg up.

once again for anyone who hasn't been listening- please email us original pieces, songs, plays, musicals etc...

at

Revolution_Theatre_Co@Yahoo.com

or you can email me personally at

KathrynMLyles@RevolutionTheatreCompany.org

THANK YOU

re: Out of the shows that you have done, what one did you enjoy being apart
 Jul 22 2005, 11:24:03 PM
HATED: Chastity in Anything Goes.... i can dance but it is most certainly not my type and i had almost no fun at all except for "take me back to manhattan" which was alright...

LOVED: three-way tie here-- Petra in "A Little Night Music" because it is such a beautifully written role, June in "Anyone Can Whistle" she is a small role but a definitive cog/piece of the engine of cookies-- I got to make some really bold choices and I loved the message of the show, and Gertrude McFuzz in "Seus

Jul 17 2005, 01:22:35 PM
thanks

http://www.RevolutionTheatreCompany.org

ORIGINAL MUSICALS
 Jul 17 2005, 12:56:14 PM
Hi everyone on Broadwayworld.com!

My name is Kathryn Lyles and I have been posting here for a while -- and I always noticed a wonderful devotion and passion regarding new works, good works... absolutely everything musical theater.

I am writing today because I am a part of an up and coming theatre company in Philadelphia called the Revolution Theatre Company... a theatre dedicated to both new and exicting works as well as classic pieces that promote humanity.

that being

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You