News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thibodeaux

thibodeaux Profile Photo
Member Name: thibodeaux
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Jesse; 25; M; NC.

Working towards greatness.

Dreaming big.

Up Next? THE SKRIKER by Caryl Churchill

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Photo Flash: Pittsburgh CLO's INTO THE WOODS Starring Foster, Cody, Lea  Aug 4 2009, 04:11:08 PM
The costumes look great! Would love to see this production.
re: Michael Arden in THE CLOSER  Aug 3 2009, 11:15:49 PM
He played a schizophrenic character and one of his "friends" (which is what he calls his voices) speaks only in French, so he spoke in French to Charlie (that young girl) a lot.
re: Does anybody have a guess as to what Disney's next musical endeavor will be?  Aug 3 2009, 10:56:41 PM
I want POCAHONTAS!

Bring it. Just around that river bend, please!

Michael Arden in THE CLOSER  Aug 3 2009, 10:51:00 PM
What'd you think?

Thought he turned in a really stellar performance.

Kudos to THE CLOSER for their use of prominent theatre actors!

re: Into the Woods Revival  Nov 30 2008, 01:04:43 PM
The production was really unfortunate, in my opinion. I thought Vanessa, though a fine voice, was a horrible choice for the Witch. The additions to and cuts from the script and music made no sense and only hindered the overall beauty of the story.

re: The Last Five Years?  Oct 10 2008, 03:26:00 PM
I remember...I was going to a party in college with a friend of mine and she had a huge collection of cast recordings. I told her to play a really awesome song for me. She played "Climbing Uphill" from TL5Y and I was so blow away and was hooked from that point forward.
RENT at Adelphi  Oct 10 2008, 03:17:59 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=33987

VERY different versus the original. Took me by surprise. I like that they completely detached from the original look and concept and really made their own world.

Wish I could have seen it. Did anyone?

re: Your thoughts on Disney producing 'Enchanted' on bway  Oct 9 2008, 03:43:22 PM
I would rather see something original.

But. . .in this age of Broadway. . .that's few and far between.

re: The Last Five Years?  Oct 9 2008, 03:35:13 PM
PARADE is amazing...really gorgeous stuff. Some of it really just sends chills through your body.

SONGS is really mixed for me; some songs I adore and others I can't even listen to. And the lack of true plot can be annoying...if you take it as a "song cycle" (so to speak) it's a decent work but not his best.

And I've heard very mixed things about 13 but never never heard it so I can't speak to it.

re: The Last Five Years?  Oct 9 2008, 02:55:34 PM
Oh, just answer the question.

Yes. It is a good show. Beautiful, in fact. Hard to pull off a really strong production without really skilled actors.

The cast recording is exquisite and Brown really shines.

re: August: Osage County Script Available  Feb 2 2008, 05:33:42 PM
I ordered my AUGUST script last night :) As well as "This is A Chair" by Caryl Churchill and "Doubt".

Yay!

re: Audra McDonald in Sweeney Todd  Jan 3 2008, 07:56:11 PM
I think the concert she was in is out of print...?

I feel like I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

If someone knows where to get it, let us know!!

re: Specific short lines or lyrics that give you chills  Jan 1 2008, 11:48:37 PM
Last 5 Years: " 'Til there's no one left who has ever known us apart."

bare: "Father, we were so in love..."
(and, silly as it may be) "Our parents had it easier, the disco didn't move around!"

Caroline, or Change: Emmie's last soliloquoy.
"You bet I do, Noah. You bet."

re: Broadway Crush?  Jan 1 2008, 08:52:13 PM
Gideon Glick & BARRETT FOA!!

When my mom and I went to see AVE Q, afterwards she was taking all these pictures of us and she was like, "Go give him your number!"

Hilarious. Aside from the fact that I live in NC and am a total stranger, I'm pretty sure he's dating someone.

Ah well.

Adam Wylie in Wicked/ Jaystarr visits L.A.'s 'Wicked'  Jan 1 2008, 08:49:13 PM
saw him in WOODS, wasn't that bad.

'member when he was in 'Kindergarten Cop'? "Mister Kimball, are you all riiiight?"

cute kid.

re: August seating question  Jan 1 2008, 08:46:56 PM
you should just spring the extra cash and sit mid orchestra, center. that's where i was. sweet seats, row M, i was in.

re: August: Osage County question  Dec 29 2007, 05:33:29 PM
Side question, anyone know roughly when the script will be available for purchase? I was in the Drama Book Shop a few weeks back and it wasn't there, though the show is still awfully new.

I bought BUG and KILLER JOE...great, great plays. Disturbing, screwy, messy and violent... but GREAT plays.

(Sorry to kind of divert this to a Tracy Letts question...)

[edit: ugh, nevermind. http://www.amazon.com/August-Osage-County-Tracy-Letts/dp/1559363304/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198967816&sr=8-1

re: 2-disc Deluxe Edition of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE arrives on DVD on Feb. 5,  Dec 29 2007, 05:20:06 PM
All I ever hear about this movie is "visually stunning". Does it have a good, worthwhile story?

I mean it's Taymor, so OF COURSE it's going to be gorgeous, but does the script hold up? The acting?

I haven't seen it and nothing about it has made me want to see it...Even with ERW having Raleigh ties.

re: August: Osage County question  Dec 29 2007, 05:13:16 PM
You really don't, it zips right by.

And there's SO MUCH action going on...

and you know, it's worth it just for the Act I and Act II endings/caps. They're AMAZING. I mean, the ending of the whole show is amazing, but...if there was ever a hook ending that made you want to come back for more, AUGUST has them. Lots of them.

re: Sondheim should write 'Virginia Woolf' the musical  Dec 29 2007, 03:11:11 PM
I never said DO IT, I just said it could be done. And lots of stories are adapted and get lost, it happens all the time.

But without doing it, you can never tell. Some things are adapted and gain! And are you ever really able to know before you start?

And if you're going to bring up Williams into musicals, let us not forget the chilling opera version of STREETCAR. That worked!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You