News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlanAntonio

AlanAntonio Profile Photo
Member Name: AlanAntonio
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
 Jul 14 2013, 09:10:41 PM
Let us not rush to judgement as to what caused his death. Let's just remember that, although his star burned so quickly, it burned brightly. He was flawed and imperfect, but who isn't? The fact is that he accomplished many things. Many of us just live our ordinary, mundane lives.
PATINA MILLER
 Jun 9 2013, 11:09:30 PM
Sooooooooooo DESERVING!!! Congrats!

Michelle Obama just relinquished her title! Patina has arms of steel!

Opening Number
 Jun 9 2013, 08:31:46 PM
It was amazing; the best opening number that I can recall. The standing ovation and applause was thunderous!
Why wasn't the 2009 Ragtime revival a success?
 Mar 9 2013, 10:35:04 AM
Why is a piece of trash like Mama Mia still running, but a gem like Ragtime is not? A big reason is advertising or inadequacy thereof. Ragtime is - in my opinion and shared by countless others - the BEST musical ever made on so many levels. It is a financial failure because of lack of marketing push.
The RAGTIME Concert thread??
 Feb 19 2013, 08:06:26 AM
It was FANTASTIC! Every member of the cast was amazing! The ensemble and the 150+ back-up choir did justice to the music that was played beautifully by the 32 (or something) piece-orchestra, which was fabulously conducted by Sheila Walker.

Lea Salonga sang Back To Before beautifully and emotionally. The audience gave her a thunderous applause. Patina Miller's rendition of Your Daddy's Son was heart wrenching. Norm Lewis was BRILLIANT! Michael Arden acted and sang with conviction.

Les Miserables: So, what did you think?
 Dec 27 2012, 09:10:28 AM
Oh, I see. I was just kidding.
 Dec 27 2012, 09:09:26 AM
Bring Him Home is a prayer and should have been sung in the movie softly and solemnly, the way it is done on stage. Nonetheless, Hugh Jackman did a terrific job. Anne Hathaway was phenomenal. Her I Dreamed A Dream reduced the audience to a slobbery mess.

No movie is perfect, but this one is pretty darn good. It did the material justice. Victor Hugo would not be complaining.

Dec 27 2012, 09:02:06 AM
This is blasphemy! You don't know who Colm Wilkinson is? Google it.
 Dec 26 2012, 09:14:13 PM
Can you imagine how much better the movie would have become if the producers dared to cast a really strong, albeit unknown actor, to essay Javert? There are so many fantastic, insanely talented actors on Broadway and the West End, for example (and I bet they were all cringing watching Russell Crowe). Crowe's portrayal was weak, and his singing was bland, deprived of conviction.

Dec 26 2012, 08:54:08 PM
Mwahahahahahahahahaha HAHA
 Dec 26 2012, 08:41:30 PM
Read my updated message.
 Dec 26 2012, 08:30:34 PM
Fantine singing I Dreamed A Dream after she had gone through so much suffering made more sense. The lyrics became more meaningful, especially the part "...I dreamed a dream my life would be so different from this HELL I am living." On stage, Fantine sings I Dreamed A Dream right after she is thrown out of the factory. In the movie, Fantine sings it after she had gone through so much pain - physical and emotional - so you understand what the song means on a deeper level.

evita
 Nov 29 2012, 12:08:10 AM
She did not "accept" the role, she practically begged to get it. I'm not kidding. Look it up if you do not believe me. She got that role because of her stature as a pop icon. She did not have adequate talent to essay the role justly. She did her best though, given her limitations.
Lea Salonga To Play Grizabella, The Glamour Cat!
 Nov 8 2009, 10:10:18 PM
From the Philippine Daily Inquirer, 11/08/09:

Lea Salonga will play the pivotal role of Grizabella in Lunchbox Theatrical Productions' staging of Cats in Manila.

The UK group (with subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore) is working with the Philippines' Concertus Inc. to bring the musical, one of the longest-running of all time, in 2010.

Euan Morton in Caligula
 Oct 14 2008, 03:01:52 PM
Does anyone know if the songs from Caligula were ever recorded? It was a real gem of a show with a superb cast headed by Euan Morton.
re: Do you refer to musicals as
 Jul 8 2008, 02:00:19 PM
I think it's just a matter of semantics. You can argue that a musical is a play that is sung. What the heck! Call it a play or call it a musical. Just go and see a show! As you become a regular patron, you will learn the proper term to use. Common usage often dictates what is proper. Just like "Houston" - the way you properly pronounce it depends on whether you are referring to the city in Texas or the street in Manhattan.
re: Eddie Murphy's head in Times Square
 Jul 7 2008, 11:59:46 AM
Omigodawfulfrighteningmonstroustackypieceof****!!!!!
re: Your Favorite Musical
 Jul 1 2008, 05:27:22 PM
Ragtime
Miss Saigon
Les Miserables
Phantom of the Opera
The Lion King
Bare
Caligula (starring Euan Morton)
Aida
In The Heights
Billy Elliot

Lea Salonga on Preparing for Cinderella
 Jun 26 2008, 11:49:12 AM
I hope she comes back to Broadway soon.

http://www.inquirer.net/vdo/player.php?vid=1048

re: Who has the perfect, pure voice?
 May 2 2008, 05:13:38 PM
Lea Salonga's voice is as pure as it gets. It's never nasal, always clear, and she inunciates very well, which is very important when you are telling a story through song. It's quite amazing that her voice only got better with age. She must take care of it well.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You