pixeltracker

Cory Monteith, Glee Star, Dead at 31

Cory Monteith, Glee Star, Dead at 31

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1Cory Monteith, Glee Star, Dead at 31
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:28am

Found dead in a Vancouver hotel from an apparent overdose The Hollywood Reporter is confirming. A press conference is expected at any moment.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this time. Man, I was really pulling for him.

Updated On: 7/14/13 at 01:28 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:29am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glee-star-cory-monteith-dies-584965

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

#2Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:32am

Rest in peace

Drugs suck

slmlbl Profile Photo
slmlbl
#3Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:47am

So sad.

Thoughts to his friends and family. Such a shame.

Wondering how this will be written into Glee...

#4Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:49am

If they are bold. They should address it head on. So sad.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#5Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:52am

No parent should have to bury their child, especially under these terms.

Starship
#7Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:53am

Any death is sad indeed. And as said previously, no parent should have to bury their child, especially under such conditions. My heart goes out to everyone who knew him. Such a sad day for many.

sephyr
#8Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 1:55am

My heart is broken. You know when you watch a show for 4 seasons and you really get involved in it, something like this is devastating. I am so sad for him and his family and friends. God rest his soul.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#9Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:00am

Wow this is very shocking. I feel less sympathy than I do frustration - a needless death caused by poor decision making. Hopefully this will be a lesson to others.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#10Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:03am

I feel so bad for his friends and family, and of course the cast of Glee. He was starting to turn his life around and seek help. His family is in my prayers...

JuanValjean72 Profile Photo
JuanValjean72
#11Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:04am

Seriously devastating. He was great in the show and the work he'd done in his career prior to GLEE. Rest in Peace, Corey.

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#13Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:18am

No matter how many times this happens -- from Elvis to Marilyn to Cobain to Heath Ledger to Amy Winehouse to Whitney Houston -- this still shocks me every time. I was completely unaware of Cory's struggles with addiction, so this news caughte completely off guard. Wow.

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#14Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:20am

a needless death caused by poor decision making. Hopefully this will be a lesson to others.

Addiction is more complex than the simple matter of "poor decision making".

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Gothampc
#15Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 2:25am

Wondering how this will be written into Glee...

I don't know, but I hope it pulls Ryan Murphy's head back into the show. The situation deserves more than a group cry and then move on with the show.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#16Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 3:05am

What a shame. Thank God Broadway doesn't go in for booze and dope the way Hollywood does.

Rest in Peace.

slmlbl Profile Photo
slmlbl
#17Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 3:16am

Isn;t Matthew Morrison at 54 below this weekend? that might be tough for him now.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#18Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 4:18am

"Addiction is more complex than the simple matter of "poor decision making".

By no means I'm suggesting he simply made a single wrong choice - it is a complex process and there are many other factors involved, some of which may be out of his control. I just hope that his death actually sparks something more than sympathy and RIPs because it is something that was completely preventable and is going to happen again and again.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#19Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 4:22am

Losing a child, is losing a child. To the parents, the cause is immaterial.

Peace to his family and loved ones.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#20Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 4:35am

"What a shame. Thank God Broadway doesn't go in for booze and dope the way Hollywood does."

He had addiction issues long before his acting career even started.

Regardless. rest in peace to one of the most humble and talented actors on TV.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#21Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 5:20am

Crazy, very sad news.

May he rest in peace.

PlayItAgain
#22Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 5:23am

sad news, wondering if Jane and Matt will still go ahead with their performances today...

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#23Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 5:35am

^^Doubtful that they won't, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them dedicated their performance to him tonight.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#24Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 6:49am

Very sad news, thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#25Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 7:05am

Just for the record, there has been absolutely no announcement or confirmation of a drug overdose. The only facts thus far are the police reports stating that he was found deceased in his hotel room, that there was "no foul play suspected," and that cause of death is "not immediately apparent." An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

No matter how tempting (or possibly accurate), speculation is not fact.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

gchris11
#26Cory Monteith, Glee Star, 31, Dead
Posted: 7/14/13 at 7:27am

R.I.P.

Latest Posts