News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for homeimp

Member Name: homeimp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TUCK EVERLASTING Previews  Apr 3 2016, 10:45:22 PM

I personally don't care much if a song moves the plot forward, as long as it's a great song with a memorable melody and strong/clever lyrics. Do R & H's songs really move the plot forward? I mean really? I think it would be difficult for any competent music theater writers to write a song that neither advances the plot nor establishes character. But that's me.

Who deserved it more?  Mar 12 2016, 10:36:24 PM

One of the most indefensible Tony awards in my opinion was Christine Ebersole's win for 42nd Street over Marla Schaffel. No comparison. I also strongly agree that Robert Cuccioli should have won for Jekyll & Hyde over James Naughton.

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 13 2015, 05:28:08 PM

As far as I know BIlly Elliot remains the only Tony winning Best Musical not to be given a cast recording. The marvelous cast deserved it. I also vote for the original Toronto cast of Godspell. Never to be equalled

Why Doesn't Broadway Sell Ice Cream At Intermission  Aug 11 2015, 04:38:21 PM

I have been to London and indeed they do serve ice cream at intermission. I also remember having to wade through a mass of ice cream containers on the floor to exit the theater. I can verify that the ginger ice cream was wonderful. However, I go to a show to see a show, not to eat and drink. If I go to a restaurant I don't demand a Bdwy show to be performed as I eat.

Oh, well...the modern world!

Best Song From 2014-2015 Season  Jul 20 2015, 11:00:21 AM

I believe critics have place so much emphasis on "songs that advance the plot" that the the songs are so rooted in the show they cannot be pulled out of the show to become standards.

Glenn Close To Reprise Role in ENO's  Jul 10 2015, 04:42:09 PM

I saw the revised minimalist/actors playing instruments production of SB that was highly praised in London. It didn't seem bloated at all. I also enjoyed the Broadway production. I can't imagine a musical based on one of the all time classic films being described as illiterate. A large proportion of the dialogue came right from the Billy Wilder movie, simply one of the greatest films of all time.

The worst thing about these boards is that anonymous people without visible credential

Carousel Stratford Festival cast album  Jul 7 2015, 04:21:01 PM

The CD costs$25 Cdn plus tax at the Avon Theatre where it is playing. In US funds that would currently be about $20 US plus tax.

London Road US release?  Jun 27 2015, 11:27:50 PM

I saw a production of London Road twice at CanStage in Toronto. There was a dazzling cast of Canadian performers, well-known to Toronto audiences. The show itself was unique and thought-provoking. This was the first production outside of London UK. I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to film, but I would certainly go to see the movie. I don't know how the actors ever learned this music. It was an enormous task, especially given that the musical only had a 2-3 week run.

What shows does Terry like?  Jun 17 2015, 02:26:53 PM

I have found that at times Terry Teachout reviews shows from a political perspective rather than for their artistic merit.

Watched Dr. Zhivago for the 1st time  Feb 2 2015, 11:20:30 PM
I love the way people on these boards make snarky insults rather than constructive comments. It's way more important to have an opinion than to justify it.
Keep Getting Odd Message on Screen  Feb 1 2015, 05:14:21 PM
I find this site to be the slowest of any site I go to. Whatever link I click on seems to take a long time. Sometimes I give up. I like to scan down the Bdwy message board and click on the posts in which I am interested. The screen often seems to freeze on me, and I don't think it's my computer.
Brooklynite, any interest?  Jan 28 2015, 04:08:12 PM
Go Gerard! Hope you've got a great role!
Billy Elliot Eletricty dance question  Jan 28 2015, 04:06:05 PM
I was told by one of the original Bdwy Billys that his Electricity wasn't even choreographed by Peter Darling. I believe it was done by a lady who worked under him. Each Billy did a slightly different routine. I believe Michael Dameski, the Australian boy who came to NYC to play Billy, may have been the most "street dance" Billy.
2015 Grammy Nominees for Best Musical Theater Album Nominees  Jan 25 2015, 11:44:14 AM
I totally agree with jv92. The Grammys actually award for merit? Who knew? I thought they were just like the other awards groups. Some day hopefully we will be mature enough to do without these silly awards that serve no purpose.
The Flick to play Barrow Street Theater this Fall  Jan 11 2015, 12:09:01 PM
I liked the play. I didn't think it was great, but I was glad I saw it. I was tired when I saw it, and I had an overnight bus ride immediately afterwards, but I managed to stay focused throughout. I would recommend it.
Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Jan 9 2015, 05:31:02 PM
Of all the sad threads I have checked in on at this site, this thread makes me the saddest. I don't think it is possible that most of your are theater fans at all. In fact, I hope I never meet up with any of you. A boy should be executed for having an adventure? Granny warned Little Red not to stray from the path. Cinderella was told she was not to go to the ball. The Baker's father stole from the Witch. The witch has imprisoning her own daughter for years. The Baker lied to Jack to get Milky Wh
Now that Into The Woods is out, can we finally stop pretending Les Miserable was good?  Dec 28 2014, 02:59:00 PM
Count me as one who liked the movie a lot. I wasn't disappointed.
Favorite walzes from musicals  Dec 28 2014, 02:57:46 PM
I have always liked I Don't Want To Know from Dear World, The Happy Time from The Happy Time, Kiss of the Spider Woman from KOTS, Look To The Rainbow rom Finian's Rainbow, Send In The Clowns from ALNM. There are many more.
Top 10 Musical Theatre Albums of 2014  Dec 25 2014, 05:54:11 PM
Count me a fan of Big Fish as well. It deserved a better fate.
-  Dec 5 2014, 12:20:46 AM
I agree with you, DigificWriter. I thought Allison was splendid and carried the show admirably. Not so sure about Christopher Walken, although he had his moments.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You