News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreLover76

TheatreLover76 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreLover76
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nervous About Tomm, Weather-wise
 Jan 9 2009, 10:36:27 PM
I have tix to the 2:00 performance of gypsy tomm. And I'm commuting by bus from Jersey. I'm really nervous about the weather after the show and whether there might be a possibilty of getting snowed in? In Port Authority of all places!

Will the shows go on despite this weather? Is there any chance of calling the box office to see if they will honor tomm tickets sunday? I really want to go, but I do not want the worry of getting home afterwards...thoughts?

re: Patti LuPone Gypsy ovations
 Dec 3 2008, 02:19:20 PM
I saw LuPone in Gypsy, I think, 4 times since it opened in March, and I do remember that the ovations subsided as well - meaning in October when I saw it last, no one stood up in the orchastra section where I was, and I was in the very last rows in the back. However, in July when I saw it too, she "gestured" in character, as in "come on, I think I need an ovation for that" sort of thing, and maybe a few in a couple rows stood (again, I was in orch.) But I did remember noticing how it subsided fr
re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 27 2008, 01:15:08 PM
is it anywhere online, I missed the whole show. I really want to see liza's performance
Speaking of Autographs...
 Nov 24 2008, 07:44:52 PM
How did this ritual, so to speak, become a practice? Was it done since the first day Broadway "started?" I'm just curious behind the mentality of it....is it just our feeling of recognition of some sort, that the actor "stamped" their name on something that we can "keep forever?"
Stage door for Patti LuPone
 Nov 24 2008, 07:41:01 PM
I haven't done this before, so I would like to know how long, on average, does she take to come out? I have read that typically most do not come out on matinees so I am not referring to those performances.

And does it get really crowded; does she get to everyone, or just a few and then leaves? Just wondering.

re: Patti LuPone out, Linda Balgord on today, Sat Nov. 22 Matinee
 Nov 22 2008, 07:54:40 PM
So I guess Patti Lupone will be out again tonight...maybe it's better because I don't think she could afford to miss out next weeek. She'll probably rest up - might as well assume she'll be out for Sunday's performance as well.

I wonder if people wanted to exchange/honor their tickets b/c Patti is out?

re: Now SPAMALOT is closing earlier..
 Nov 22 2008, 01:34:56 PM
"I just bought a new ticket last night, as I just assumed that they would tell me all performances would be cancelled after the 11th. If that wasn't the way to go, oh well. I will just call and get a refund or see if instead of charging my credit card a second time, they can just switch the ticket seat and date.

Edit-Still no email about this from telecharge, so if I do not get any notification come Monday or Tuesday even, I will call them. "

Hmmm, what happens if you paid cas

re: Now SPAMALOT is closing earlier..
 Nov 22 2008, 11:11:04 AM
I just wanted to know those of you whom had tickets on the original closing night - were/are they honored for the new closing date? How did you go about that?
Memorizing Dialogue
 Nov 22 2008, 11:07:42 AM
When studying to play a part, have any one of you struggled with learning or adapting to the character when you find the dialogue/script or the character itself to be boring or not interesting? And esp. when its a run, as in weeks and weeks...how do you make it interesting for yourself? I could image that it might have an effective on your performance if you don't "like" the part you're playing, right?

I mean, how do you go about learning it when it isn't very interesting to you.

re: Gypsy last night
 Nov 22 2008, 11:02:58 AM
Has Patti been out of the show since it opened on broadway?
 Nov 21 2008, 07:44:00 PM
"Do you happen to know how much was she making per week (estimated) and how much of a pay cut did she agree to?"

Uh, no lol but if I did I certainly wouldn't post someone else's financial information on a message board even if it was a few years ago. "

Well, even if you would, it's not something I would take seriously anyway, lol. This is just fun, chatting!

I have no idea what theatre actors make, let alone stars of broadway. I was just curious, as always with someth

Nov 21 2008, 05:30:23 PM
"Yes, Bernadette did take a paycut during Gypsy from what I remember. "

Do you happen to know how much was she making per week (estimated) and how much of a pay cut did she agree to?

Nov 21 2008, 03:11:39 PM
Maybe the close off the balcony seats to make more money, as in sell more of the orch/mezz seats first? I'm thinking for every show in general, not just gyspy.
 Nov 21 2008, 02:46:12 PM
"but I sympathized more with 2003's broadway Gypsy's June - forgot the actress' name..."

You are thinking of Kate Reinders.

Yes! You're right! Thanks!

Nov 21 2008, 02:45:17 PM
"well wasn't it true that during the Bernadette revival she took a huge pay cut to keep the show running ? "

Towards the end of the run? Really, hmm...I think that does sound familiar. I think that might have read that too, you might be right. But, still, if it was getting bad reviews (supposedly, I guess), people still went to the show and it did last a year....But, is the the norm for the principles to do that, take pay cuts? I mean, wouldn't it be wiser to just move on to a next pro

Nov 21 2008, 02:01:36 PM
The last time I saw it was in early Oct and once the curtain came up for the 2nd act & the girls got into the "toreadorbles" song, PL started coughing, right during that, and she rushed for a drink backstage before the number finished & Louise comes out. So, the sip of water didn't do anything, still cough, cough b/w the lines. Herbie then comes into picture as he does, and how they managed to communicate to each other that "I need a napkin/tissue" or s/th between lines I'll never know! Then Boy
 Nov 21 2008, 01:50:43 PM
I believe Bernadette's Gypsy lasted a full 12 months, opened in May & closed the May after. Well, that revival got through the Jan-Feb months...and if I remember correctly the economy was not as bad, but it managed a full year....
 Nov 21 2008, 01:32:46 PM
Oh, that's right, isn't Tony Yazback (sp), the show's Tulsa, doing another show this week, or something?
 Nov 21 2008, 12:06:59 PM
Oh, I just wanted to add that Laura's Louise I think, is supposed to kind of look bored. I think the charater is supposed to be portrayed as one that just "goes with the flow" and lacks ambition.

I didn't care too much about this June either...she just comes off as too snobbish and conceited, but then again that's what the charater calls for - but I sympathized more with 2003's broadway Gypsy's June - forgot the actress' name...

Nov 21 2008, 12:01:26 PM
Hmm, by the sound of it, closing night might come earlier than Maich 1st.
Well, it might pick up next week for sure, and for the next month, month and a half...I'm thinking Jan-Feb months will be dreadful.

Now I am definately regretting buying my closing night ticket, at full price nonetheless!! I'll just keep a close eye on press releases, and as soon as I hear something about it closing (hope not), I'll run to the box office.

Just curious, why didn't everyone move to the orch if there were seats available?

When the actors sound or look bored as you describe, it doesn't sound too good. I wonder if patti lupone ever looked like she was tired of the role? Is it two years now that she's been associated with gypsy? Has she had any vacation time from this run? I don't think so?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You