News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seemynameinlights

Member Name: seemynameinlights
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The role of Carrie has been cast...
 Nov 6 2009, 03:59:28 PM
"I wonder if the book says anything regarding Carrie's ethnic background, could she be played with an African American Carrie & mother?"

Carrie's understudy in the original production was black.

I also like the idea of Carrie Manolakos as Carrie

re: Broadway Producers Putting Together Fall Reading of CARRIE: THE MUSICAL
 Oct 31 2009, 12:27:11 PM
Yes blaxx, we all know you don't like "Wicked" and a lot of people assocaited with it, okay, we get it.
 Oct 31 2009, 11:51:13 AM
I really wanted to see Stephanie J. Block or Julia Murney as Margaret.

I think that Angela Bettis from the 2002 remake has a shot at the role seeing as she can sing, and although she is older, she doesn't look it. Her acting was fantastic in the movie too.

I could see Lea as Sue, never Carrie.

I want to see Christy Altomare who plays Wendla in the Spring Awakenng tour as Carrie

And I have a strong feeling that one of the Glinda understudies from "Wicked" will

Oct 18 2009, 06:52:01 PM
I was doing some reading on the Carrie The Musical website and Carrie's understudy was a black girl. That's very interesting, I bet that would be a show to see.
Wicked needs warm bodies with thrilling voices to destroy
 Jun 21 2009, 08:36:15 PM
I understand why some people don't like Dee, I saw her numerous times and while she's not my favorite, I respect her work as an artist.

In the same respect this is not WoO you guys, people on BWW are given a more freedom with their opinions and sometimes use humor to express themselves. It may not be what you agree with or you may not like the way they phrase some things but that is just how they are, that's what this site is, and it is not going to change because a nice amount o

re: THE WIZ Reviews
 Jun 19 2009, 04:00:51 PM
Oh, I appologize too! :)
 Jun 19 2009, 03:46:59 PM
I wasn't talking about people on the board or the theatre community, I am talking about people from school, teachers, lunch ladys etc. Regular people who have no interest in Broadway, but would go see things like "The Wiz" and "The Color Purple" and even people who wouldn't.

I did not say that the general public would know Anika Noni Rose more than Ashanti. What I did say was that people do know who Anika is. I am aware that Ashanti is more well known, but it is not like Anika is a

Jun 19 2009, 03:22:41 PM
I would love to see Latoya London as Dorothy she would be great.

As an African-American and as a person who has asked many African-Americans how they feel about Ashanti as Dorothy almost all of them have said no. African-Americans dont really care for Ashanti, she's often referred to as the girl who can't sing. I'm not trying to generalize but I have asked quiet a few African-Americans how they felt about her as Dorothy and a lot of people have been saying "she cant sing" way before thi

re: Orlando Jones and LaChanze Join Cast of Encores! THE WIZ; Full Cast Ann
 May 7 2009, 07:16:01 PM
a lot of people are excited about LaChanze and so am I but I guareantee Tichina Arnold will be the show stopper. She came to my school and sang, and she is fantastic. She is probably the most well-known person in the cast for the African-American audience, besides Ashanti.
re: Best Act I Finale's
 May 3 2009, 04:00:04 PM
"Really with the apostrophe misuse?"

Where?

May 3 2009, 03:49:23 PM
Those posters? I could never be that linear where I could be characterized by a single personality trait. "resent myself" Save the melo-dramatic sarcasm for someone who is actually dim-witted enough to let that belittle them. You say that as if you have some kind of reputation that is worth salvaging outside of a broadway forum.

There is no wrong or right answer to this question. It is completely opinionated. Granted, my opinions may be a little cliche, but that doesnt mean that it

re: Nicole Parker reviews here
 May 3 2009, 02:19:23 PM
I saw Nicole on February 26th and she is only second to Lisa Brescia. (I've seen Kristy, Dee, Carmen, Dan'yelle Williamson, Jennifer Dinoia, Lisa, and Nicole.) Her acting was very good, she added a rebelious akwardness to the character that worked. She wasn't mad the entire time but had a temper or chip on her shoulder. Her singing was pretty good, not the best, but pretty good, she does jump into her lower register a bit too often without trying. Nicole just needs to sing on an even line which
 May 3 2009, 02:13:52 PM
"Wicked" : "Defying Gravity"

There is just nothing quite like it in theatre. A lot of people don't like "Wicked" but no matter how much you dislike it everyone should be unbiased enough to admit that it's got to be one of the best if not THE best.

"Dreamgirls" : "And I am telling you"

The Vocal chops that Jennifer Holiday had are almost incomparable to most actresses. And the emotion behind the song moved the audience with very little scenery. It was impactful just fro

re: SHREK, THE LITTLE MERMAID or GUYS AND DOLLS?
 Apr 16 2009, 06:40:37 PM
The Little Mermaid isnt the best show ever,but you should see it before Sierra leaves. It is a very good show, and its fun to watch, its not the kind of show you see many times, but it should be seen because Sierra Bogess is still in it and Alan Menken wrote the music. ALAN MENKEN IS SENSATIONAL!!!!
re: I need scholarship help please help me!
 Apr 9 2009, 07:18:56 PM
well there's definately plenty of opportunity for that.
 Apr 9 2009, 06:04:05 PM
eh! Ill just sell the damn car. lol

no, I have to have half before the 24th of this month and the other half before June 1st.

Apr 9 2009, 05:49:32 PM
wait, what? lol
 Apr 9 2009, 05:39:39 PM
oh no I was joking about Oprah lol Im not crazy lol
 Apr 9 2009, 05:32:10 PM
And thank you Patronus, will do!
 Apr 9 2009, 05:31:16 PM
well they did have scholarship money but they ran out. So it wasnt like I was like "hey, let me apply for random things" Assholes was a strong word, I changed that. I would get a scholarship which is what I plan to do for college when I go there, but they are mostly available to seniors who are going to college the forthcoming year.

I tried to answer this as nicely as possible however, there seems to be a sardonic undertone to your post (I could be wrong) that I simply will not accept.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You