News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Myron

Member Name: Myron
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Omar Shariff
 Jun 11 2018, 02:18:51 PM

I haven't seen " The Bands Visit" so I am confused about why a song is titled "Omar Shariff" ? This selection must be considered the best song of the production since it was performed at the Tonys.

Best Original Score -- not televised?
 Jun 11 2018, 02:06:21 PM
Yes, PBS would air the awards beforehand from 7 to 8pm. It seems the Red Carpet fashions and gossip takes precedence.
Spongebob just rocked that performance on the parade
 Nov 25 2017, 01:05:44 PM
In the actual show., does SpongeBob wear a costume ? I liked the performance but was disappointed with the costumes. Hope at the actual show, they wear better costumes. I still miss Broadway on Broadway which was held every September.
2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
 Nov 24 2017, 09:28:54 AM
I agree the Dear Evan Hansen performance of "You Will Be Found" was great. As a Newbie, I am curious why he wore a cast on his arm with the name CONNOR. Is that a prop from the show?
Who played the King ?
 Aug 14 2015, 09:31:11 AM

Thanks. When did the original King leave the play? I believe he won a Tony? His first name is Ken.

Who played the King ?
 Aug 14 2015, 09:25:52 AM

I am confused about who portrayed the King & I's King at the Bryant Park performance on Aug. 13 ? My friend said it was the original star but I think it was Jose Llana. Who is correct?

Broadway in Bryant Park
 Jul 17 2015, 01:19:44 PM

Anybody else here attend yesterdays' Broadway in Bryant Park? It was great but I have a few questions. In Finding Neverland, did Laura Michelle Kelly perform? It was a great performance in any case. I am sad to hear that the show will end soon.  Also, who performed Donna in Mamma Mia? Was it Judy McLane? She has been performing at Bryant Park for years. I can't believe Mamma Mia will soon be gone; such memorable tunes and such an upbeat story.

Times Square Visitor Center Gone
 Aug 15 2014, 01:29:25 PM
So disappointed to see that wonderful Times Square Visitor Center suddenly shuttered. What will happen to the Times Square Ball, the Broadway musical costumes, the displayed Broadway memorabilia and that wonderful Embassy Theatre? Anybody know why it closed? Probably the rent was increased again! It was a nice quiet place to rest while strolling with crowds down Broadway.
Broadway in Bryant Park
 Aug 15 2014, 01:22:36 PM
And so the Bryant Park shows are now over. It was great; I attended all performances. It was great to see "Matilda" perform with such an enthusiastic youthful cast. Also great was the cast from "Mamma Mia", and "Motown". I was disappointed with "On The Town"; although the cast seemed to be enjoying themselves. Hope they continue this tradition next summer, especially since I fear that "Broadway on Broadway" is gone.
McDonald, Benanti, and Borle Join NBC'S SOUND OF MUSIC
 Sep 24 2013, 09:34:04 AM
Carrie does a nice job but appeared very uneasy and nervous while performing. She might do well. Casting is so important and can ruin a film. Remember beloved Lucille Ball cast in Mame? She ruined the songs with her terrible voice. I am a big fan of her comedy but she was no singer! Can Carrie act? Did she have any training? We shall see.
Neil Patrick Harris bombing on the EMMYS
 Sep 24 2013, 06:51:09 AM
Agreed. Neil was awful; was it the terrible script or him? I have been a big fan since Doogie Howser days on ABC but he was awful. He seems so stuck on himself. He was great, on the other hand, at the Tonys. Maybe he should be cast as Rolfe in NBC's Sound of Music. He is a bit too old, but he looks young.
 Sep 24 2013, 06:46:12 AM

Broadway on Broadway
 Sep 17 2013, 09:01:46 AM
I sorely missed seeing the cast of Matilda, Lion King, and Newsies at Bryant Park this summer. I felt I could catch a number from them on "Broadway On Broadway" which got canceled this year without explanation. I guess that they could not get sponsorship since Continental Airlines no longer exists. Sad for fans.
 Sep 17 2013, 08:57:15 AM
I also can't wait for the SOM live. I hope it's the stage version rather than the film. The film omitted "How Can Love Survive" and "No Way To Stop It" blaming this on Eleanor Parkers' lack of singing ability yet they dubbed several others for the film, including Miss Wood. Gone will be the extravagant scenery, of course, but the story and songs will be enough!
Broadway on Broadway
 Sep 8 2013, 08:47:03 AM
Today is "Broadway on Broadway" at Times Square. Oops, it got canceled very quietly without explanation. Thousands of New Yorkers and tourists alike will have no show. Who to blame? Bloomberg for widening the plazas? No sponsors? Nobody will say. Today is a sad day for Broadway fans. The extravaganza featured 1 hit from each musical and showed previews of fall openings as well as revivals. RIP "Broadway On Broadway". Miss ya!
Broadway on Broadway
 Sep 6 2013, 02:30:24 PM
I forgot if Broadway on Broadway was canceled back in 2012; I think it was held but moved back 2 blocks because of the changes in traffic lanes. This year, there is no Broadway on Broadway. While I never got a good viewing spot due to the crowd, I looked forward to it each year. A shame. At least Broadway in Bryant Park was held and was most enjoyable except for 1 rained-out performance. Annie, Phantom, Mamma Mia, and Wicked were especially memorable. Matilda and the Disney musicals did not part
Mechler or Spore?
 Aug 10 2013, 10:41:10 AM
Thanks. It was driving me nuts. How many U/S are there for Glinda?
Mechler or Spore?
 Aug 10 2013, 09:47:08 AM
At Thursdays' great "Broadway in Bryant Park" concert, I was so in awe that I can't recall who played Glinda in "Wicked", was it played by Emily Mechler or by Heather Spore? Lindsay Mendez was great as Elphaba. By the way, any buzz about a film version of "Wicked"?
RIEDEL: Chenoweth as Dolly
 Aug 10 2013, 09:39:26 AM
Everything posted here is true. She could be too physically little and too young to play Dolly. She is too big a star to play Minnie Fay, which is a minor role. The thought of Kristen as Dolly is exciting and would bring great box-office and fans!
Bryant Park Performance
 Aug 9 2013, 12:15:59 PM
I was surprised that nobody posted about Aug. 8 great performances at Bryant Park. There were performances from Annie, Cougar, Fantastiks and Wicked. It was very enjoyable and the rain stayed-away. Was I the only one who attended? Last weeks' performances went on as scheduled but guests had to leave the lawn area so many, like myself, left.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You