News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for miguelito

miguelito Profile Photo
Member Name: miguelito
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How Long Might The Strike Last?
 Nov 12 2007, 08:07:48 AM
everyone keeps saying that we shouldn't be using a salary number "with benefits", and then spewing a bunch of junk as though union employees are treated the same as Sarah Jones working at McDonald's.

Every union job, and every union employee should have the "with benefits" added to their salary, as there are things that employers pay to union employees that you and I will never see the like of. Having worked in payroll for over 15 years now, I would never look at a union employee and t

re: Mimi le Duck moving to broadway?
 Nov 12 2006, 12:33:28 AM
oh lord it was bad. We went this afternoon as well, and I've been trying to remember ANY of the songs from that show.

One word to describe it, boring. The whole show is a total snooze fest.

Grey Gardens: Who's side are you on?
 Oct 16 2006, 11:34:36 PM
so while watching Grey Gardens this weekend, I saw something I didn't when we saw it at Playwrights Horizons.

When we first saw it, I felt that big Edie was just being mean when she told the stories of "Body Beautiful Beale". I bought into what Little Edie was saying...

But this time, I saw something different. I saw Big Edie protecting her daughter from someone who would squash her dreams. Someone that would take her hopes and ambitions and destroy them, all for his own gai

re: Rate the musical above you.
 Aug 15 2006, 05:49:27 PM

Suessical

re: Musicals that turned out to be better then you thought ???
 Aug 15 2006, 05:31:24 PM
the biggest one was Violet. I had listened to the CD a bit here and there, but when we saw the reunion of it at Playwrights Horizons a few years back, I fell in love with it!
re: 30 Days of iPod! Your Favorites Tell Us What's on Their iPods!! What's
 Aug 15 2006, 05:24:02 PM
I have 11,764 songs on my iPod.

The showtunes I have on it are:

A Little Night Music (1996 London Cast)
Altar Boyz
Avenue Q
Bare
BKLYN (sampler)
Camp
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
I Love You Because
Into The Woods (1987)
Jane Eyre (Broadway)
Jane Eyre (Toronto)
Jesus Christ Superstar
John & Jen
Johnny Guitar
Les Misérables (Symphonic)
Lucky Stiff (2004)
Pippin
Rent (BWAY)
See What I Wanna See
Sweeney Todd (20

re: Dilemma - DRS or Spamalot???
 Apr 29 2005, 04:47:19 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to see Spamalot again. I would suggest DRS any day.

However, that's just me... lots of people like Spamalot. (I don't understand it, but they do... )

re: Zanna, Dont!
 Apr 29 2005, 11:58:10 AM
I was wondering why no one was mentioning that... when the industry of cast recordings is already hurting, why are we copying the CD's and giving them away? Just spend the $15.00 on it.

Otherwise, they'll stop making them.

re: My 'Spamalot' Review- 3/4- (Some Spoilers)
 Mar 6 2005, 06:37:55 PM
Testing1232, they were on the opposite side of the theatre, but they were total jerks during intermission, crowding the bar and cutting off those of us that had been waiting patiently like normal people.

At one point, one of the boys walked straight to the front of the line, interrupted the bartender and asked for a coke. The man in front of me said very quietly and calmly "It looks like you missed this line of people who have been waiting patiently for their turn. May I suggest you s

re: My 'Spamalot' Review- 3/4- (Some Spoilers)
 Mar 5 2005, 03:36:46 PM
<< phew >> I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way. We went last night, and I left the theatre pretty disappointed. I had hoped for so much more from this show. For the most part the performances were great, I really enjoyed the cast, but the show itself left me wanting. The sets were pretty cool, the costumes were great... everything was really good, except the actual script... I loved the film, and made a point of NOT watching it before we went to the show...

O

re: How many BROADWAY shows have YOU seen???
 Feb 25 2005, 09:18:40 AM
I think about 200 since we moved to NJ in 2000. That includes concerts, do-overs, London, Summer of Sondheim and Goodspeed.

We too have a Playbill from each show we've seen. My partner has taken great care of them, and stored them in those comic book bags with the cardboard. It's really nice to have them organized the way he does.

As we usually have 2 playbills for each show (1 for each of us), one gets stored, and the other goes into a bin... I keep thinking that I'm going

re: DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS review by Munk
 Feb 22 2005, 09:33:31 AM
We saw this on Saturday afternoon, and had a GREAT time! I have to agree with the statements about John Lithgow made by the other posters. I was somewhat disappointed when I heard he was in this, based on "Sweet Smell of Success". BUT, he was wonderful in this show! I could continue to gush about the rest of the cast, but let's just suffice it say that I enjoyed every minute of the time we spent.

I hope this one holds up against Spamalot (which we see next week)...

re: Shockheaded Peter
 Feb 22 2005, 09:16:22 AM
I guess I'm odd-man-out... I averaged a "watch glance" about every 7 minutes. Had I been closer to the aisle, I probably would have left the show.

Everyone around us seemed to enjoy it, but I hated nearly every moment of it. I wanted to like it, the concept sounded like it would be entertaining...

It's closer to performance art than a musical in my book, and the guy who did all the vocals made my head hurt after just one song!

again, it just wasn't my cup of tea... m

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You