News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for izzio2

Member Name: izzio2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mamma Mia-- the Bollywood Musical
 Jul 22 2018, 02:37:13 AM

It's just SO genuinely fun and uncynical. I sobbed, I laughed, I had an amazing time. It's not a good movie, but it doesn't even matter; it's a blissful, unadulterated celebration of life. Dancing Queen comes in blazing on boats, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgaard doing the Titanic pose, and I just about lost my mind in my utter enjoyment. The extras look like they're having the time of their lives. Every big name actor in this looks like they'r

THIS AIN'T NO DISCO thread
 Jul 20 2018, 12:29:03 PM

haterobics said: "izzio2 said: "This is the worst thing I've paid to see at a well-respected theater."

You need to get out more.
"

I get out plenty, just not purposefully to theater I know will be bad! I don't really see tons of theater and I hardly ever post here but I had to vent about it somewhere!

THIS AIN'T NO DISCO thread
 Jul 20 2018, 01:33:02 AM

"Honestly, watch a Sean Cody video while playing Donna Summer hits. It’ll be a better experience."

I'm crying laughing at that. I've never walked out of a show in my life and I thought this would be an excellent show to have one or three gin and tonics before and just be blissfully drunk throughout. Huge mistake and I'm happy I left during intermission because I was getting a migraine. I don't know how a rock ope

THE ENCOUNTER Reviews
 Oct 10 2016, 02:22:47 AM

Most of the theatre I see is off-off, experimental, avant-garde sorta stuff, so it was pretty cool for me to see such a Fringey show in such a big and beautiful theatre. I'm actually not entirely sure how The Encounter made its way to Broadway, but I can't complain. It felt like something much better suited for Three Legged Dog or maybe even The Public. 

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm very much into tech/sound-related things, so binaural sound isn't new to me, b

Extra ticket for American Psycho matinee today 6/4
 Jun 4 2016, 12:21:17 PM

IF ANYONE WINS THE LOTTERY FOR THE EVENING PERFORMANCE AND WANTS TO SELL IT TO ME THEN I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER XOXOXO

American Psycho Rush
 May 9 2016, 11:12:46 PM

I showed up at 6:45pm for a 7:30pm Sunday show. They said there were no rush tickets but the lady said "the cheapest ticket I can give you is $45 for rear mez." I bought the ticket and the seat was great; nothing was obstructed and during intermission I moved to an empty seat in the third row of the center of the mez (this show is clearly struggling to sell tickets... or maybe it was just an anomaly because it was Mother's Day??). Anyway, the corner of the ticket said "lott

Youarenowhere at 3LD
 Mar 24 2016, 02:55:38 AM

It's beyond the realm of anything I've ever seen before. I can't even begin to wrap my head around its structure. Metaphysics, theory of relativity, space-time continuum, tangent universes etc.. are incredibly complex topics and in one hour, Andrew Schneider represents them visually through a glitchy and chaotic artistic landscape. One review likened it to some kind of TED Talk, another likened it to being in The Matrix. It's all true. I'd call it an experience m

Antlia Pneumatica at Playwrights Horions
 Mar 16 2016, 04:00:12 AM

I saw it the other night, I absolutely can't stop thinking about it. It's cerebral and haunting. I wasn't sure what to feel in the first 45 minutes, but as the play slowly gets more surreal I realized what she was trying to do. It's a meandering mood piece. It's gorgeous.

I think Mr. Burns is sort of an outlier in her collection of work. I never got to see it, but from reading the script it seems much louder and more rambunctious (I love it all the same).

I a

DRY POWDER Previews
 Mar 2 2016, 04:08:53 PM

I absolutely loved it. It's the most boring subject matter made interesting by characters who think they know what they're doing. Everyone is convinced they have the right answer to their problems and they continue to battle. They constantly try to justify (especially Danes' character, holy ****) their ****ed up morals and the way I saw it, Sarah Burgess is vilifying them through comedy. I don't usually like dense business-related dialogue, but I thought th

In Person Lotto at The Public
 Mar 1 2016, 06:22:50 PM

I also won a pair this morning. My plus one cancelled so if anyone wants my second ticket, hit me up.

Southern Comfort (Previews)
 Feb 24 2016, 12:14:45 AM

I agree about the music being one note, though I found much of it to be lovely. And I know what you're talking about with that McCarthy scene--definitely felt awkward.

(I absolutely hated Straight btw)

Feb 24 2016, 12:00:51 AM

I'll comment again and say that two hours later, this show is all I can think about. It's really growing on me in an unexpected way. I think it's really a gorgeous piece. I would love to hear thoughts from people in the transgender community, as I can only appreciate the pain the characters endure from a distance. 

I really wish the best for this show and I wouldn't doubt a Broadway run.

Public Theater Free First Performance Standby
 Feb 23 2016, 10:56:37 PM

starcatchers said: "I believe the free tickets are only available through the lottery. I could be wrong. 

They do have a standby waitlist that opens an hour before the show! I was third and got in with a really nice seat. (sorry if this post is useless now)

can someone delete this sorry lol
 Feb 23 2016, 10:49:50 PM

sorry ppl

Feb 23 2016, 09:51:33 PM

I just saw it. I thought it was really beautifully done. It's really a character piece; there isn't much of a plot. Excellent performances by everyone and really great characters. I enjoyed the music a lot. I'm curious to see what other people think.

Public Theater Free First Performance Standby
 Feb 23 2016, 04:27:15 PM

I know this post is sort of last minute, but I was hoping to snag a spot on the waitlist for standby tickets for Southern Comfort tonight. They open the list at 6, but do people usually get there earlier? It's roughly 4:30 right now; should I head over now? Has anyone had success with standby tickets for Free First Performances at The Public?

Red Speedo (previews)
 Feb 21 2016, 10:35:05 PM

I thought it was great; really interesting characters and Hnath's writing style is exciting. The set is gorgeous and simple, and a couple small stage tricks really threw me off-guard.

School of Rock Previews
 Dec 2 2015, 10:26:04 PM

Sauja said: Boggess is wildly miscast--it's the equivalent of Jennifer Lawrence being cast in a Rachel Dratch role. 

HOLY sh it I have no idea what you're actually referring to but I'm laughing so hard because that was such an incredible analogy. Thank you for that

LAZARUS Celebrity Cameo
 Dec 2 2015, 10:17:24 PM

First of all Lazarus is probably one of my new favorite musicals ever and I need people to discuss it with ASAP. As an avid cinephile, it warmed my Nicholas Roeg-loving heart.

ok i guess this is all a spoiler kinda lol but if you don't plan on seeing the show or never will then read because it's interesting. no plot spoilers or anything, but some might want to be surprised.

Click

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You