News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for not_that_girl

not_that_girl Profile Photo
Member Name: not_that_girl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: World AIDS Day
 Dec 1 2005, 01:37:56 PM
for every candle lit at this site, www.lighttounite.com, $1 will be donated to AIDS/HIV research. it only takes a matter of seconds to do, and every dollar helps. it will only be up till December 1st (TODAY), so please light a candle, and encourage other people to do the same.
re: light to unite
 Dec 1 2005, 01:38:22 AM
lol i thought about putting that as the topic but i figured it might get alot of eye rolls and people passing over it :)

light to unite
 Dec 1 2005, 01:14:50 AM
i appologize if this has been posted before...

for every candle lit at this site, www.lighttounite.com, $1 will be donated to AIDS/HIV research. it only takes a matter of seconds to do, and every dollar helps. this will only be up till December 1st, so please light a candle before then.

re: Daphne versus Rosario
 Oct 27 2005, 02:02:54 PM
i'm pretty sure yassmin is older, and i have also heard that karmine was jonathan's first choice...it would have been nice if she had at least been screen tested (not that i know for sure but the rumors were that it was jaime, rosario and...dom? i don't remember but i'm pretty sure i never heard that karmine was...anyway), ah well
re: Rent Poster Question
 Aug 11 2005, 02:36:04 AM
this happened to my friend around christmas...be bid on it for his girlfriend, it was advertized as being origonal cast, he paid about $200 for it and it wasn't. he sent it back and was really pissed, i don't blame him. and another friend saw possibally this same one a few weeks ago and e-mailed the seller calling them on the fact that it was false advertizing and they took it down.
re: Wicked in L.A.: Stephanie out, Jenna in??
 Jun 20 2005, 02:26:49 AM
i was at the 6:30 today (yay for lotto :), and both stephanie and kendra were out...jenna was still doing nessa; and i've gotta say, both understudies (don't remember their names and are too lazy to go grab the playbill) were great. i was definatley impressed
re: Wild Party in Cali?
 Apr 3 2005, 04:00:17 AM
the LaChiusa version was on broadway, the Lippa version was off-broadway, so this would be the off-broadway Lippa show; i will be looking into tickets right about now...
wow
 Mar 17 2005, 04:32:12 PM
hi anthony! i've been reading this thread for a while and greatly appreciate your updates :)

of course i have many questions, but i'll just limit it to one right now...

when you guys are shooting in San Francisco, will us normal people even be able to be around? or will it all be closed set interiors and stuff like that? just wondering if it would be worth it to make a trip up there :)

re: picture of Rosario Dawson in the Post
 Mar 14 2005, 12:32:48 AM
um, how does she look like mimi? besides the fact that it says "rent the movie" or "mimi marques" under her picture...that looks like a head shot of rosario dawson to me.
re: Fiddler on Gilmore Girls
 Feb 23 2005, 04:46:03 PM
gilmore girls is by far my favorite show on television...the world stops at 8 on tuesdays! :) or whenever i get back to watch it taped if i have to miss it

omg the whole fiddler thing was so hilarious - i was sitting alone in my room literally doubled over laughing, espeically when the little ten year old was singing about how she's been married to this man for 25 years during "do you love me"; tradition killed me as well

re: Singers that make you say; WTF?
 Feb 23 2005, 04:06:59 PM
OMG mickey dolenz (?) was possibally one of the worst things i have ever heard. poor guy.

i think it's interesting that people don't really like adam in aida, 'cuz the part was kind of tailored to him...

re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 18 2005, 03:04:48 PM
constantine has been a joke with me and my friends ever since we saw him in the tour. he was dreadful, and (i felt) stood out in a not so good cast minus a couple of people such as marcus, and the guy who played angel) as being the worst performer; in addition to being a terrible performer, he was extremely wierd at the stage door as well...dialing his phone, looking at us and started talking but like we were the person on the phone or something, then looked at his phone then walked away.
<

Translation
 Jan 23 2005, 04:59:23 AM
yeah, i read the whole thing and...it's not very pretty. i think it will make for a decent "movie musical", but not have the real spirit of rent. for instance, glory is all flash backs of roger with april...what the hell does that have to do with the song??? roger is singing about his future, the glory he hopes to obtain before he's gone, and it's all about his past...and take me or leave me is sung at their (maureen and joane's) engagement party - btw it's set in the 80's, i don't think that wa
re: Current Rent Cast
 Jan 23 2005, 04:45:22 AM
Diana Kaarina, wasn't she dorthy on the millie tour for a while? if it was her, i really liked her, she was funny.

and am also feelin' the karmine love...out of the...7 (?) mimi's i have seen, she is my favorite. well, i thought krystal was amazing as well, so they are kind of tied, but i need to see krystal again - she was my first mimi so i'm thinking i might be a little biased

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
 Jan 22 2005, 03:44:04 AM
let me just tell you that you all will not be disppointed. the energy of the show and the energy they get from the audience is astounding...i get the rush just from watching the clips, and then curse the fact that i am on the west coast and can't see it again any time soon

the show is AMAZING.

re: Showstoppers - Witnessed Accounts of Show-Stopping Moments
 Jan 5 2005, 04:41:18 PM
Kristin's last performance in Wicked...when she came down in the bubble she didn't even open her mouth before she received an ovation, the show was stopped for almost two mintues. she already had a tissue in her hand and finally said 'now you have to let me do the show' : ) also at the end of 'for good', her and idina just stood there hugging and it was a sea of flashes...the no picture policy kind of went out the window lol

also the end of the song 'dirty rotten scoundrals' in drs...th

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
 Jan 5 2005, 03:22:26 PM
this show was absolutley amazing...norbert is so phenominaly funny, i was dying laughing the entire time, as was the rest of the audience. (and it was really cute, i was sitting in front of norberts family, and at the end of one of the numbers, 'dirty rotten scoundrals', the audience applauded for a good minute to minute and a half, and his dad was like 'they love him'...aw : )
if you can see this show do, you won't regret it...it's great

re: Cary Shields and 'Jeremy'
 Sep 15 2004, 04:14:24 AM
jeremy is amazing. of course the other rogers i have seen were constantine from the tour (anyone else get a front row view of the constant stream of spit? lol) and ryan link...so granted, i don't have much to compare to : ) however, i would not have gone to see the show three times in one week if he was terrible. each time i was blown away, especially because he managed to keep it fresh, so it was a little different each time (unlike matt who seemed to have his pattern down, but don't get me wro
re: Under-rated musicals
 Aug 25 2004, 05:48:39 AM
i would agree that tick tick boom is under-rated...
and also -
the wild party (off-broadway)
the sweet smell of sucess

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You