News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wssinsider

Member Name: wssinsider
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BWW Tech: Can you please do something about the ads on the boards?  May 13 2018, 11:23:21 PM
Mods are silent. Crickets crickets
Jesus Christ Superstar: Chicago Lyric Opera  May 11 2018, 01:44:43 PM
Sadly the tour going out will be Non Equity
Paulo Szot in Evita in Australia  May 7 2018, 02:13:59 PM
Paulo played Peron at PSF last year. And he’s was meh.
Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 23 2018, 05:39:51 PM

curel1 said: "broadwayboy223 said: "I dont think I can ever un see Ana's tweets. It was pretty cringe worthy"

What'd they say?
"

Ana Twitter “live your Puerto Rican dreams girl”

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 23 2018, 05:02:34 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Interesting how my post a few minutes ago regarding Ana Villafañe’s faux pas was deleted."

It was???

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 23 2018, 02:48:23 PM

FranklinDickson2018 said: "Sierra had nothing to apologize for. She backed out gracefully and with great sensitivity as befitting the artist that she is. She did nothing wrong and hurt no one. Obviously she did not think of the backlash for a CONCERT and when she did, she did the right thing. But she did nothing wrong. No apologies.

So what is next in this frighteningly more powerful social media backlash? We have this, the Gypsy robe, the terrible backlash over Great Come

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 23 2018, 02:22:16 PM
Bravo!! Thank you Sierra. Beautiful apology
Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 22 2018, 12:30:09 PM

Tapping23 said: "wssinsider said: "philly03 said: "Where was the outrage at Lea Salonga playing Mother in Ragtime, whichwas specifically written as a "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant"?

I am in the boat of the best singer/actor should get the job, regardless of race/etc.
"

Your U ion

Let me take a wild guess... you are white. DING DING #privilege
"

If thebest argument you have is to scre

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 22 2018, 10:18:07 AM

Elfuhbuh said: "Dave28282 said: "wssinsider said: "Fact the Proms get recorded and played everywhere. There goes another generation of brown little girls seeing a white old lady play Maria . See OUR point?

If it was for you, there would be another generation of brown girls that feel they are not equal, because you create issues and separation."

So now Dave is saying theatre shouldn’t be for little brown

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 22 2018, 10:10:14 AM

philly03 said: "Where was the outrage at Lea Salonga playing Mother in Ragtime, whichwas specifically written as a "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant"?

I am in the boat of the best singer/actor should get the job, regardless of race/etc.
"

Let me take a wild guess... you are white. DING DING #privilege

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 21 2018, 10:14:37 PM

John Adams said: "wssinsider said: "Fact the Proms get recorded and played everywhere. There goes another generation of brown little girls seeing a white old lady play Maria . See OUR point? So are you ok with Sierra playing Sarah in a Ragtime Concert?"

No, I don't see any point being made at all. Sierra playing Sarah in Ragtime? Yup, I'd agree that would be goofy. Sierra singing any selection from Ragtime in concert (including any of the selections written for the men like, 'Wheels of a Dream'? I'm absolutely fine with that.

This is a concert, not a production. Should "another generation of brown little girls" be disappointed that the oboist is not Puerto Rican?

If you insist on thinking of this concert as a "show", then you need to recognize that the star of The Prom is the John Wilson Orchestra (with guest soloists), and has been for quite some time. Since that is the case, and per your 'rules', the orchestra has to be be Puerto Rican - right?

This concert is meant to celebrate Bernstein's 100th birthday by performing his score (and later, 'On the Town', also) - NOT to convey the plot or characters of West Side Story.
"

you must be a white male  #Privilege . God bless you. I hope you enjoy your privilege  

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 21 2018, 09:08:31 PM

John Adams said: "WOW...

So many people over-reacting over a misconception and gross misrepresentation of the truth: "Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London"

Sierra Boggess is NOT cast as Maria in any London production of West Side Story. There is no such production that I am aware of. All the claims of "Latinx/Latino/Latina roles should go to Latinx/Latino/Latina actors" do not apply.

These are THE PROM

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 21 2018, 04:47:51 PM

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 21 2018, 12:04:43 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Did Ana really say "Live your PuertoRicandreams girl!" OMG this is the most yikes thing i've ever seen."

Yes she did. People started yelling at her so she deleted it. Ana is obviously clueless. 

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 20 2018, 11:50:35 PM

Ana Villafañe defending Sierra and then deleting her tweets:

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 20 2018, 11:14:38 AM
She’s dropping out of the concert. Statement coming soon
Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 20 2018, 02:14:30 AM

Sierra talking about how wrong it was to play Maria in WSS in the past

https://twitter.com/distress_coma/status/987130557007122432?s

The perfect example of a basic white girl

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 19 2018, 08:01:50 PM
I hear that she’s freaking out about the attacks on social media. Expect a statement from her and from Royal Albert Hall. She’s dropping from the project.

I blame her manager for thinking this was a good deal for her.

Theater owners up in arms over sexual harassment survey  Mar 13 2018, 11:50:23 AM

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/12/theater-owners-up-in-arms-over-sexual-harassment-survey/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 7 2018, 12:43:06 AM
The production is mediocre. That’s it, flat and mediocre.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You