News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DivaMommy

DivaMommy Profile Photo
Member Name: DivaMommy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.princesspartyguest.com
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peter Pan Musical Production License  Oct 4 2006, 09:18:11 PM
Could anyone tell me where one would get the rights for an ameteur production of Peter Pan the musical. The Comden/Greene/ Jules Styne version recently done by Rigby/McCoy Entertainment.

I've searched everywhere online and have found nothing!

Thank you

re: auditioning and pregnant  Oct 25 2005, 12:50:53 AM
Phantom of the Opera - here in Las Vegas.

I don't think I'm going to make it as I have a cold, but we'll see. Thanks for all the feedback!

(oh, and for the nosey person, it's a boy and no, we don't have a name picked out yet! Any ideas! LOL!)

auditioning and pregnant  Oct 21 2005, 03:09:09 AM
I'd like to go to an equity call for a show that doesn't start rehearsal until next April. I am 6 months pregnant and will deliver in January. Do any of you with more experience forsee any problems with auditioning while pregnant? Just curious!

Thanks in advance!

DivaMOMMY

re: is Norbert leo butz SINGLE????  Oct 12 2005, 02:24:51 AM
Wow, Over the Moon. A professional or even just a good actor leaves the personal life at the door. I met my husband on stage and we have performed together several times since - sometimes opposite each other and sometimes in roles that have required us to have onstage "love affairs" with other actors right in front of each other.

People always ask me if it bothers me when he kisses another woman onstage. While I don't love seeing it, it doesn't bother me because I know that even when I

re: Wicked Kareoke  Sep 15 2005, 04:38:47 PM
You can download most of the tracks from Walmart.com for $.88. Though I bought mine from Pocketsongs.
re: Hairspray Mom says THANKYOU  Sep 1 2005, 02:06:26 AM
Ok, I just have to chime in here with the Keala love. Although, I'm a LOSER and haven't seen Keala in Hairspray yet, I have known her for many years. I first met Keala when we 'starred' as Carolers in "A Christmas Carol" in college and ended up doing a lot of theatre here in Vegas. Although my husband has been priveledged to spend more stage time with Keala, I have enjoyed every minute spent watching her incredible talent and have always valued her friendship and her loving support.

Her

re: Just scored tix to Ave Q opening in LV and. . .  Aug 27 2005, 03:50:28 PM
Ave Q is full length - the only changes in the script refer to the geographics of Las Vegas (a ticket for Thunder from Down under as opposed to a subway ticket)

But thanks for the negativity.

Just scored tix to Ave Q opening in LV and. . .  Aug 27 2005, 03:37:13 PM
I don't know what to wear! How formal should I dress? I was thinking semi-formal - like a black cocktail dress kinda style. (Like I have one of those)

Am I thinking right???

Any thoughts would help!

re: AIDA rip off  Jun 25 2005, 03:25:19 PM
For the cd - one possibility - Pocket Songs Karaoke has an Aida Karaoke cd. You can buy the rights to record any PS song. They could've done that and recorded to the tracks???
re: I have seen Michael Crawford live before ????? EFX  Jun 15 2005, 04:35:46 PM
River in Time was my favorite song - it has such a cool beat.

And that's my friend Satomi singing the Morgana/Bess role on the Micheal Crawford recording.

Thank heavens they didn't do a Rick Springfield recording. They really butchered the show by then - got rid of the masters and half the good music.

re: I have seen Michael Crawford live before ????? EFX  Jun 15 2005, 02:50:40 AM
I have the CD. I saw the production with David Cassidy, Tommy Tune and the understudy for Rick Springfield. I know the show changed some from Michael Crawford, but I don't think it would work on Broadyway - no broadway house could afford it. The music was ok, but the storyline existed only to propel the 'story' from one special effects segment to another. Amazing effects and costumes and great performers, but not broadway material in my opinion.
re: SO glad there wasn't a Brightman/Crawford movie!  Jun 14 2005, 06:55:07 PM
Emmy Rossum is pretty and all, but I thought her acting stunk and her voice was ridiculous for the role. She has a sweet, little voice. Brightman is no actress, but as Christine you could see what the fuss was all about. Rossum's Christine made you think the Phantom was only after her heaving bosom and tiny waist, oh and she sings ok too.
re: Forever Yours -- Once on This Island  May 29 2005, 11:12:10 PM
I was in a mixed race cast - black, white, asian, American Indian - it was phenominal and it did make it about class. I did also really enjoy the all black version I saw in Southern CA. It's just a great show on every level - beautiful, energetic, moving. Absolutely the best theatrical experience I've ever had.
re: wicked polyphonic ringtones?  May 28 2005, 11:56:21 PM
If you go to 3gupload.com, you can turn any midi file into a ringtone. hamienet.com has all the Wicked ring tones. If you can program midi's, you can do whatever you want.
re: Stephen Schwartz  May 25 2005, 03:39:52 PM
In response to the post that calls Mr. Schwartz arrogant and that some collaborator of his would never work with him - I say - welcome to the theatre world!

I have had the privelage of meeting Mr. Schwartz and I found him to be kind, warm and very much a supporter of the theatre and someone who loves what he does. He was also very confident and obviosly proud of his work - especially excited about the new little show he was working on that was the Wizard of Oz told from the witches poin

re: Kristin Chenoweth at Gay and Lesbian Center  Apr 27 2005, 03:54:45 PM
I just wanted to say that I am a fairly conservative Christian and I never knew anything about Pat Robertson before I followed the uproar on this board. Being Christian doesn't mean that you know or support Pat Roberston any more than being gay means you dress well and worship Barbra Streisand.
I'm just saying it's very feasable that Ms. Chenowith didn't know. Perhaps she should have researched - I think I would want to know what show I was going on - but I doubt she's lying.

re: Las Vegas: The New Broadway?  Apr 25 2005, 07:30:34 PM
A fellow Las Vegan, I couldn't be more excited for these shows to come here. I applaud the fact that they are streamlining them for Las Vegas - they obviously know their audience. I have long wanted to try to get work on the strip, but I'm a musical theatre baby, not a showgirl, so I am thrilled to audition for real broadway right here. The talented performers of Las Vegas deserve to get PAID for their efforts instead of puttin around in the smattering of community theatres here. HAIRSPRAY here
re: Sara Ramirez as POCAHONTAS  Apr 18 2005, 04:35:05 PM
Have any of you SEEN the film? Pocahantas is the most busty and most "hippy" of all the Disney Heroines. (Ok, Noni in Lilo & Stitch has bigger hips, but that is very different animation style) The pic's on this thread are the only ones I've seen of Ms. Ramirez, but I think she is beautiful and a perfect size. The discussion of her size is what's wrong with the image of women in this country.
re: The Wonder that is 'Into The Woods'  Mar 30 2005, 11:30:45 PM
I guess I don't understand how Into the Woods is hard to watch - my 2 and 4 year old girls love it!

Seriously - It's one of those shows that bring a tear to my eye everytime I watch - No One is Alone and Children Will Listen the biggest culprits.

And the whole Bakers Wife roll in the hay with the Prince is the story of the Bakers Wife - a woman who is married and should be happy but constantly looks for more. I love how all the stories are intertwined - the Baker and his wife a

re: Wicked on PBS  Mar 27 2005, 01:55:01 AM
It was most definetely Idina - I know my divas!

It was also at the time when Joey McIntire was in the show, but they didn't interview him.

I am in Las Vegas and Zoom is on everyday. It's definetly not my favorite show that's on PBS, but they do have some fun stuff like that occasionally.

The best place to look for info on ZOOM is pbskids.org.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You