News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dunebuddy

Member Name: dunebuddy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton - Greenville, SC
 Dec 5 2018, 04:08:48 PM

To the woman sitting in the Founders' Circle Row H Seat 47 (on the aisle) at last night's (Tues., 12/4) performance of Hamilton in Greenville, SC.

Obviously you need some education into proper etiquette when attending a live theatrical performance.  Even if you are a rabid Hamilton fan, it is not within reason to jump out of your seat or flail your arms whenever something you like occurs on stage. It  is also most certainly not proper to record or photograph the

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?
 Sep 9 2018, 06:40:07 PM

I'll never forget the night I was to a production at the Lunt Fontaine.  I was seated in the front mezz.  Three women arrived just before curtain, giggling and carrying cups of soda.  They sat down in the front row.  Sometime during the performance one of the ladies placed her soda on the ledge in front of her.  Evidently at some point she was unable to reign in her enthusiasm for what was happening on stage and moved in such a way causing the soda

How often do you cry at musicals?
 May 23 2018, 06:49:47 PM

Oh, yes. I do.  And it's so good to know I'm not alone in reacting this way.  It's usually a song that gets to me, but a dance number or amazing set change can set me off.  My biggest cries -

Fun Home - I thought I would need to be carried out on a stretcher,

Come From Away - The whole concept was an emotional ride.

Billy Elliot - Dear Billy.  "Mum's Letter" and "Electricity," and the ending always do me in.

E

People Leaving at Intermission
 Apr 6 2018, 07:42:52 PM

I'm enjoying the stories on this thread.

Regarding the concept of theater-goers not knowing the meaning of the word "intermission" I suggest that before the performance starts an announcement be made:  "When the lights come up, the actors are going to take a break for fifteen minutes because they're tired.  Take that time to get up and pee or go to the refreshment counter to buy a Slushy or bag of chips so you can slurp and crunch your way thr

There is nothing to say...that hasnt already been said but...
 Mar 25 2018, 06:44:06 PM

Oh, Dear Heart - To get your panties all in a knot to rename a theater after LMM - the great extortionist.  No way. 

Here's an idea for you to start a petition about -

Why is the St. James the only theater named after a saint?  

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
 Mar 20 2018, 07:07:22 PM

Thanks to all who have posted reviews of the show.  I am now officially very excited about seeing the production in June (Loge 300 section aisle).  At first I was a bit hesitant about purchasing tickets for one reason only.  (I know I will be in the minority here and will likely be sought our for tar and feathering but....)  I am not a fan of Norbert Leo Butz.  Every show I've seen him I thought his performance was so way over the top that it made me uncomfortable

DEH worth it?
 Mar 20 2018, 06:29:58 PM

I saw it last June with Ben Platt. and was underwhelmed.  Often when a show is as hyped up as this one is, I go in expecting a lot.  That did not happen for me here.

Super Conservitive Theatre Patrons
 Mar 13 2018, 07:01:14 PM

I wonder.  Are these people who are so taken aback by a swear word in The Little Mermaid as offended when our fake president peppers his speeches with "hell"s, "damn"s, and "crap"s.  Did they leave the room during the Access Hollywood tapes?  Are they offended by  his numerous adulturous affairs during his three marriages? Do they have anything to say about his bullying demeanor?  Hypocrites all!  They make me sick.

Unpopular Opinions
 Aug 16 2017, 06:22:35 PM

1.  I don't like Patti Lupone

2. Come From Away should have won over DEH

3. Hamilton is the definition of "extortion"

4. I am sick of "Gypsy:

La La Land
 Dec 28 2016, 07:00:13 PM

Saw La La Land last night after anxiously waiting for it to open here.  My feelings on the film are mixed.  It was good but I think all the love for it is overrated.

The plot is hackneyed.  It's been done ad nauseum through film. As mentioned earlier, I felt much of the characters' motivations just didn't make sense.  That being said, I must have been drawn into their plight because I had tears in my eyes at the end. 

I was somewhat

Great Comet - New Block?
 Dec 4 2016, 06:40:13 PM

All right!   Just got my ticket for June 8th.  Front Mezz Center C 1.  Don't know if Groban is in or out that night.  Makes no difference to me though.  As much as I would like to see him, I'm going more for the show as a whole.  Looking forward to it.

Telecharge and Great Comet
 Nov 21 2016, 06:19:33 PM

Is anyone else having a problem ordering tickets for Comet through Telecharge?  For over a week they've been posting a notice about a problem.  It's possible to order any other show through Telecharge but not Comet.  Curious.

Great Comet - New Block?
 Nov 15 2016, 10:41:49 AM

Can we please have a serious answer to this question?  I'd like to plan to see Comet when I come up in June but there is still nothing beyond April.  I hope producers don't pull a Hamilton and skyrocket ticket prices after the great reviews.

GYPSY on PBS
 Nov 12 2016, 07:33:27 PM

I do think Gypsy has one of the best musical scores ever written, but I will admit that I am not enamored with the show overall.  This production made my head explode.  Not only did Imelda screech and scream her way through - everybody did.  The whole thing was a frantic exercise in frenzied family disfunction of the highest order.  There are so many spots where some gentle softness could have come through but it never did.  I felt

Musicals Most People Like, But You Don't
 Nov 11 2016, 06:31:54 PM

On The Town

Guys and Dolls

Annie Get Your Gun

Once

Spring Awakening 

and tar and feather me, but I don't particularly like Gypsy

What are the worst musicals you ever saw
 Aug 21 2016, 07:41:51 PM

Without any doubt the worst musical I ever saw was The Wild Party.  Such a dark production.  Everyone was moving about the stage in slow motion.  Horrible music.  A real boring time in the theater.

I am also not a fan of Once or Cats.

What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?
 Dec 18 2015, 06:59:52 PM

Mame.  It even has a Christmas song in it!  And a little kid (hmm - Jason Trembley?) making it family friendly.  Who could play the title character?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You