News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Adoannie925

Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Member Name: Adoannie925
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Occupation: Student/PR and Street Teaming for various artists and bands/Writer/Performer
Profile: Oh, joy. What to say? I'm a musical theater geek who also loves opera and classical music. I love a good book and reading Virginia Woolf, Michael Cunningham, and of course, great poetry--Allen Ginsberg, especially. I like having interesting and engaging discussions and I'm a pretty nice person. I don't bite so talk to me if you would like...:-)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: white broadway
 Mar 28 2006, 11:46:02 PM
I agree with a lot of it, but the journalist does need to do a little bit more research. I think a lot of it has to do with the setting and time period, much like he said, but the big producers of these shows aren't looking for what's going to be diverse and liberal, but instead how to make the most money. And think about it...there's the NYC theater crowd, but most people who go to Broadway shows are tourists from all over, but in between NY and California, there's the middle america states tha
re: Non-Theatre Majors?
 Dec 19 2005, 09:42:57 PM
I'm getting my BA in Liberal Arts...oh, Sarah Lawrence...we don't do the whole major/minor thing. I'm in the theatre program, but I'm also taking a lot of literature and art history. I realized that it doesn't matter what my degree is in for my career choices.
re: Cherry Jones Blanks Out!
 Sep 18 2005, 12:57:37 AM
It's normal for actors to blank out. and the can also bounce back and do their thing just as often. It's all good. I saw the show tonight and Cherry was incredible.
re: Regarding the Flea Market...
 Sep 2 2005, 01:55:53 PM
It's on the day of my birthday, and I've never been, so I may go to see what it is all about and maybe some nice person will get me a birthday present or something. :-P

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up, I'd love to meet fellow BWW considering I just moved across the country to NY (I go to college right out of the city).

re: Broadway Flea Market
 Aug 3 2005, 03:07:27 AM
that's so awesome. it's on my birthday, the day i will be legal, and i will be living in a suburb of NYC in 3 weeks. This birthday is going to be so fun.
re: NYC lesbian scene...(or lesbian bars)
 Jul 25 2005, 05:23:43 PM
Rath isn't single to my knowledge, though! But meeting lesbians just to be friends is cool, too.
re: Restaurants Near Lincoln Center
 Jun 14 2005, 02:19:33 PM
I must agree with the others...Cafe Mozart on 70th and broadway. It's one of my favorite places in NYC, if not my favorite. If you eat there, make sure you save room for dessert! I suggest Death By Chocolate with a pot of columbian...it's heavenly.
re: Who's your favorite Broadway Dame?
 Jun 13 2005, 11:53:50 PM
I adore Dame Edna to pieces.

However, I also tend to favor Marin Mazzie, Rebecca Luker, Carolee Carmello, and Victoria Clark.

re: Best Dressed/Worst Dressed at the Tony Awards
 Jun 7 2005, 03:24:09 AM
I thought Victoria Clark looked stunning in that dress.

I also liked Cherry Jones's dress a lot.

re: Why would this site not load on my Mac?
 Jun 7 2005, 03:18:02 AM
That's been happening to me, too. I got my powerbook a week ago, and broadwayworld either takes forever to load, or doesn't load at all. I'm on my PC right now and it's fine. I love my mac, but I wish broadwayworld would work on it.
re: 'Dont Rain On My Parade' Who sang it first?
 May 23 2005, 10:16:47 PM
Margo: I have a recording of Judy singing it. I can send it to you over AIM or something like that...PM if you're interested.

re: The 'Idina Tongue Singing' Thing
 Apr 23 2005, 02:53:12 PM
Thanks mattio.

I want to be a casting director and publicist, so that's why I'm so picky about stuff like this.

We're all allowed to disagree about this...it is a discussion...

Apr 23 2005, 02:46:03 AM
Defying Gravity: It's not about talent or technique when getting a job now-a-days...it's about knowing how to sell yourself and convince people that you're good and can handle it. You can have the worst technique in the world, but land a job because you know how to market yourself and convince people that you are good.

And of course no one is perfect, but at 100 dollars a seat, the leads voice shouldn't sound like it's going through puberty, nor should anyone look like they're having

Apr 23 2005, 02:34:53 AM
Broadwaygirl107: It's not so much as her vocal placement I was picking on, but why would one want to create unnecessary tension? That's what she's doing by smiling or looking like she's biting out of an apple. Regardless of vocal placement, if you have unnecessary tension in your jaw or face or neck, it's going to hinder your sound and resonance.
 Apr 22 2005, 04:45:40 PM
No, it's just poor vocal technique.

When you sing, you never want to be bite and smile like she does where you see the teeth because it creates jaw tension and the sound becomes forced. Also, the tongue thing...tongue should always be relaxed and forward, but slightly arched in the back. She also releases so much air (that's why she has such a breathy sound) and her voice often gets lost in her air because her breathing seems shallow, and when you open your mouth that wide you can't su

re: Audition Anxiety
 Apr 17 2005, 08:03:08 PM
I auditioned for SUNY Purchase and I freaked out before my audition because I didn't sleep the night before and felt sick to my stomach, so I started vomiting and couldn't hold any food down. I felt feverish, too. When I got to the audition, I wasn't very coherent and I felt horrible and we had to fill this form out about what we would be performing and I got so nervous that I forgot how to spell the characters names, who the authors were, etc., and I looked like an idiot, but I knew the plays i
re: The College Thread...
 Apr 17 2005, 04:25:29 PM
Tovah Feldshuh-Sarah Lawrence
Jimmy Tate-Sarah Lawrence

re: Dame Edna closing
 Apr 15 2005, 04:29:50 PM
Awww. I loved the show and was hoping to see it once more. Oh well...all good things must come to an end.
re: Stars on the Subway
 Apr 12 2005, 01:03:23 AM
I saw a damn good Alice Ripley look alike on the A/C/E line (just can't remember what train in particular it was). The person could've been Alice, but I didn't get a very detailed look, but the woman looked a lot like her.
re: Blonde, brunette or redhead...
 Apr 11 2005, 02:21:26 AM
Dark haired girls with pale skin, but redheads are pretty cute, too!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You