News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalsinger20

musicalsinger20 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalsinger20
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: theatre on Cruise Ships
 Aug 20 2006, 10:18:35 PM
You all had some nice and diversified stories. Could you imagine having a theme that was completely Broadway Themed? I can.

Natasha

re: What Actor Was So Good They Made You Cry?
 Aug 20 2006, 10:09:16 PM
Shoshana Beane or Bean idk and Wicked was also the first musical I have ever seen on Broadway and that was probably part of it also.

Natasha

theatre on Cruise Ships
 Aug 20 2006, 12:11:39 PM
I think singing on a cruise ship would be fun. How many cruises have you been on? I have been on Disney, Royal Carribean and Holland America.

I guess as far as theatre goes there are some shows on cruise ships that the singers and dancers do that are from musicals but sometimes it seems that the shows are more entertaining and they don't necessarely have a plot.

Wouldn't it be cool if they had a broadway themed cruise ship out there where they could perform broadway shows

re: Theatres in Orlando
 Aug 20 2006, 12:06:43 PM
Thank you for your response. I plan to be in Orlando for a while unless I get hired by another theatre to perform in another state. Once again what does it mean if a theatre is low rent?

Natasha

re: Theatres in Orlando
 Aug 20 2006, 12:32:07 AM
What does low rent mean? Does that mean that the shows are not any good? I really enjoyed Capone's when I saw it and I thought it would be so fun to be in. I am going to see Pirates Dinner Theatre with my mom so I will form my own opinion about that theatre and I know someone who performs at the Orlando Rep and I have seen shows there.
Theatres in Orlando
 Aug 19 2006, 12:24:45 AM
Has anyone ever worked at the theatres in Orlando. There are three that I would like to audition for. I want to audition for Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Theatre, Capones and Pirates Dinner Theatre.

Natasha

re: Christian and Children Theatres
 Aug 19 2006, 12:18:24 AM
Thanks for the message. I will change my picture. I think that theatre has a great mission and from what I heard in the interview. I would totally be willing to take a job with them.
Thanks for responding.

Natasha

re: Horn in the West and outdoor drama
 Aug 7 2006, 02:17:27 PM
Besides Horn in the West I am not sure what my next show is going to be yet. I am going back to my character performing job in a week. My show ends August 12th.

Thanks for wanting to know.

re: Is hurting your voice now a requirement for winning Best Actor/Actress
 Aug 7 2006, 02:09:14 PM
I was taught in my most recent voice lessons and I have heard from another girl in Horn in the West that if Belting is all you do then it can really take a toll on your voice. I think it is good to have a healthy mix. If people are belting and hurting their voices on broadway even though they are doing it correctly I don't want to be on Broadway. I used to want to but not if I would have to screw my voice up.
re: SETC Fall professional auditions in Charlotte
 Aug 7 2006, 02:05:19 PM
I am a girl and I sing Soprano. The fall professional auditions are in Charlotte. I looked at the site www.setc.org

Natasha

SETC Fall professional auditions in Charlotte
 Jul 31 2006, 03:49:21 PM
I am looking forward to these auditions and I have mailed off my stuff. I now need to find a monologue and song. I heard that UPTA was better than SETC but it is a big audition and it is soon so I would be excited about getting a slot there. Comments?

Natasha

Christian and Children Theatres
 Jul 31 2006, 03:46:51 PM
These are two other theatres that I am interested in working in during my life time as well as Cruise ships and New Dawn Singers and whatever other theatre work I can get as far as performing. I also want to go to Broadway one day. I got a call back from the unified auditions in Asheville for Bright Star Children's Theatre. I was wondering if anyone heard of it. It sounds like a wonderful company when I talked with the director in the interview. What do you think?
Disney Entertainment compared to Theatre
 Jul 22 2006, 12:21:08 PM
I think some of the Disney Entertainment is theatrical but other portions are not. I think that Fantasmic and the Lion King show are really theatrical. I think it is a good place to start acting what do you all think?

Natasha

First Professional Theatre experience
 Jul 22 2006, 12:13:18 PM
I am in the middle of the summer season of my first professional theatre experience and I just graduated from Mars Hill College with a degree in musical theatre. I am now working in Horn in the West which is a historical outdoor drama and I am in the chorus and PR Quartets as well as a soloist and an understudy. I am also stage managing Where the Wild Things Are and I am in a dance concert. What was your first professional theatre experience?
re: Urinetown...???
 Apr 14 2006, 02:32:45 PM
I don't like the music in Urine Town. So I never really had an interest for the show.
Horn in the West and outdoor drama
 Apr 14 2006, 02:26:57 PM
I will be working at this outdoor drama theatre in Boone over the summer. I am really excited about this. This is my first professional singing job I will have. Has anyone worked at this theatre. I have heard a lot of good things about outdoor drama what do you all think?

Natasha

re: Most Meaningful Message
 Feb 9 2006, 08:30:24 AM
Christmas Lullaby from Songs for a New World
No One is Alone from Into the Woods

The Christmas Lullaby shows a girl's confidence in a Mary and how she will be an example to the world. I find that very inspiring and I can associate with that song.

No One is alone reminds us of just that. No matter what happens someone will be there. There is so much truth in that.

By the way I love posts like this! They make you think.

re: Really Nice actors
 Jan 24 2006, 05:14:27 PM
I met one of the chorus girls from Mamma Mia as well as the three leading ladies. I paid to get a picture with them for a charitable reason. Sean McCourt from Wicked was really nice. I got his picture and autograph.
re: What's your favorite Jason Robert Brown song?
 Dec 11 2005, 08:44:00 PM
I am familiar with Parade, Last 5 Years, and Songs for a New World. I have been listening to Songs for a New World more though. I would have to say that "I'm Not Afraid of Anything" and Christmas Lullaby are my two favorites that females sing. One of my favorite male songs on that CD is Steam Train.
songs with a jazz dance break
 Dec 3 2005, 12:14:51 AM
I know Hot Honey Rag and All That Jazz have a dance break. Does anyone know of any other songs that have jazz dance breaks that would allow me to do chene turns and a jete among other things. Sorry I don't know how to spell those.

Natasha

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You