News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pip-boy

Member Name: Pip-boy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gypsy Live at the Savoy
 Dec 29 2015, 08:58:37 AM

I did indeed, although "so-so" is perhaps more than touch lacking in effusive gush than one would like! Although the musical is a huge hype-fest at the best of times, and I don't quite get the hype!

Now I can appreciate its classic status and all that. And I can quite understand how for many it is great. But for me as a musical taken as a whole I just don't think it is a truly great piece. At least not for 

Gypsy Live at the Savoy
 Dec 29 2015, 04:07:16 AM

This is a decent production of a so-so musical. On stage, watching it live in the theatre, it comes across as electrifying and as a true theatrical event - which doesnt of course translate as well on screen. Imelda Staunton is wonderful, and on stage you get so many layers of her Rose that dont quite come over on the filming.

I hated Patti Lupone in the last version I saw when I visited NY (even her Rose's Turn was, for me, a case of &quo

re: Mack and Mabel: review from Variety.
 Apr 16 2006, 09:35:41 AM
I saw it twice, once on tour and once when it arrived in London. Not a bad production but I know what Parsley means about the singing and some of the dancing. That didn't detract a lot from it, but certainly there were others in the audience as we left making comments to that effect. Maybe being live theatre they were off nights (which does happen) but being a professional production (and at those prices) I can quite see how, if noticing that as an audience member, a person comes to the conclusi
re: Do people treat you like an oddity...
 Apr 5 2006, 04:24:40 AM
I am also fairly introverted and used to have difficulty finding folk to go with me to the theatre, so I would often go on my own to see things. At first I felt very self-conscious about that, and almost embarrassed, but looking around the theatres and seeing so many others who were clearly there on their own certainly helped get rid of those feelings.

I am lucky nowadays that my boyfriend loves musical theatre, so much so that we are travelling again to NY (from London) to cram in a wh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You