News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pip

Pip Profile Photo
Member Name: Pip
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Scariest Thing You've Ever Done In Rage?
 Oct 5 2005, 01:16:09 AM
Sooo....what makes you so SURE that you don't black out once in awhile and turn into Mr. Hyde, hmmmm? Maybe you just don't REMEMBER....
re: Gentlemen, a survey about 'dressing'.
 Dec 30 2004, 11:06:25 AM
True...I guess that would belong in a thread about gentlemen UNdressing...
 Nov 11 2004, 11:49:55 AM
There's something to be said for an actor who can bring something fresh to a role, and I believe Harvey will do that. Wouldn't you rather be surprised at the unexpected rather than bored with the predictable? And why does a Russian peasant father have to have a great singing voice, anyway? I would love to see Harvey in this role.
re: Why do critics....?
 Oct 21 2004, 12:31:30 PM
I can understand your frustration, jczelyph, because it IS difficult to get an unbiased perspective from afar. Critics, by nature, are critical...and, I believe, are sometimes jaded just from the fact that they have the opportunity to see everything that is out there to see. It certainly makes them more discerning, I'm sure. Their opinions, however, are not necessarily reflective of the "masses", and that gets proven time and again by what is financially successful and what isn't.
I notice

re: Who misses Hasselhoff as Jekyll and Hyde?
 Oct 20 2004, 04:23:35 PM
Rath...you crack me up!!
re: The Last 5 Years
 Oct 12 2004, 11:01:47 AM
I've had this cast recording only a month or so but I am totally hooked on it! It has hardly left my car CD player! It seems like a brilliant concept... How long did it run and why not longer??
re: Nip/Tuck season finale
 Oct 11 2004, 10:25:46 AM
Did anyone else get the feeling that this could be dream of Sean's? They kept cutting back to him in bed with a pistol waiting for the slasher to show up...he could have drifted off to sleep. They can't kill off Christian!!
re: Christopher Reeve has died
 Oct 11 2004, 08:52:49 AM
What an inspiration his life became! One look at him, and what he drove himself to accomplish after his accident, and most of our everyday problems seem pretty insignificant. My grandfather always said that adversity brings out the true measure of a man...and in Christopher Reeve's case that adversity showed us an incredible will to overcome odds, an unshakeable will to live a life of value, and an extraordinary empathy for the plight of others. His emphasis on stem-cell research, research that
re: Martin Guerre??
 Oct 9 2004, 11:31:45 PM
I've never seen it...wish I could. I liked the plot of the first one, too, but I'm kind of weird about tricky plots. I thought the second was probably more "sellable" and I could see why they did what they did. I still listen to both, though.
re: Martin Guerre??
 Oct 9 2004, 11:15:39 PM
I really like Martin Guerre, too....both recorded versions. I remember reading a synopsis of the plot before I heard the first one and I though...You've got to be kidding...but I liked it and I think the second version did a good job of tightening up what was a really long and convoluted plot
re: kiss of the spider woman plot
 Sep 15 2004, 10:31:48 PM
Very good synopsis, Baritone! It's a complicated show but I love it!
re: Help me decide!
 Sep 15 2004, 12:02:50 PM
I would go with Chess and Assassins. Chess is older but the music is really diverse and interesting. Assassins is more challenging intellectually, but I really like that one, too!
re: What's your favorite word?
 Sep 15 2004, 12:08:49 AM
Snorkle. I just love to say that word!
re: Blind Date with BWW members...
 Sep 14 2004, 04:54:34 PM
Well, glitz! Thanks! Pip is always interested in educational experiences! And nothing like learning from the best!!!
re: Margo - help - Night of the Hunter
 Sep 9 2004, 10:41:40 PM
I bought a cast recording of The Night of the Hunter (the musical) awhile back...and it seems kind of odd and incomplete. I like some of it, but this thread made me wonder if the musical is based on the movie or what?
re: Murderers as Broadway Heroes
 Sep 8 2004, 08:05:27 AM
And don't forget Angel in Rent commiting "akitacide"...

Edited...sorry, had my head up my a**.

re: the velveteen rabbit
 Sep 7 2004, 07:09:14 PM
What? Your mother never read you the Velveteen Rabbit??? Impossible!! What would the Skin Horse say!
re: The I Love Assassins Thread!
 Sep 7 2004, 07:03:39 PM
Ok, go ahead...rub it in.
re: Mandy Patinkin-related questions
 Sep 7 2004, 06:59:07 PM
Thanks!
re: Mandy Patinkin-related questions
 Sep 7 2004, 06:54:55 PM
What was Mandy's last role on Broadway? Was it Wild Party?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You