News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jamoca5

jamoca5 Profile Photo
Member Name: jamoca5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Favorite Musicals of the 2010-2011 DC Area Season
 Aug 27 2011, 01:27:25 PM
!!!! I was in the Theatre Lab's production of Ragtime. Thanks so much for giving us a mention.
Weird things you've said to Broadway stars
 Jul 31 2010, 09:10:00 PM
Oh gosh, I completely geeked out last year when I got to meet Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty. My school had gotten tickets to see an interview with them, and later that night to see the Kennedy Center's production of Ragtime. So after the interview, my drama teacher mention to Ahrens & Flaherty that we had just done Ragtime a few months prior, and Once On This Island a few years ago. She pointed to me and told them I was Erzulie. Later that night, after the show, I damn near ran up to Stephen
Twittering at a Show
 Jul 16 2010, 09:54:36 PM
It doesn't matter what seats the person in, using Twitter or anything else like that during a show is absolutely disrespectful and distracting. No exceptions should be made at all.

ETA: By the way, I believe the verb is "tweeting".

Favorite Sean Hayes Jokes on the TONYS
 Jun 24 2010, 01:26:37 AM
The Spiderman bit had me DYING. And even though it wasn't exactly his joke, the part where he tells Kristin Chenoweth that she wasn't nominated for anything and she falls out was hilarious =)
Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins HEIGHTS Tour in AZ
 Jun 12 2010, 08:06:51 AM
^ Did he actually change it? If so, that's pretty awesome.
which is worse: stinking like weed or texting in a theater?
 May 30 2010, 02:50:14 PM
Personally, I don't really mind the smell of pot that much. Not saying that it's okay for smokers to smell like what they've smoked, but it's much more tolerable than someone texting in a theatre. Not only is texting distracting for everyone sitting around you, but it's plain rude for the performers on stage, as well.

By the way, what show was so unbearable that you had to be high to see it?

DC reacts to the Tony Nominations
 May 4 2010, 05:19:09 PM
This is one of the few moments where I'm glad to be living in DC =)
Go RAGTIME!
 May 4 2010, 05:14:15 PM
I was both surprised and thrilled to see Ragtime on the list. Granted, I do think that Steggeret will win (and justly so. He was EXCELLENT) and might be the only one from Ragtime to win, but it's all good. I'm just waiting for their performance!
What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
 Apr 25 2010, 09:11:14 PM
I immediately thought of Hunchback. And a revival of Beauty & the Beast would be lovely.
Do you think actors are obliged to appear/sign at the stage door?
 Apr 18 2010, 07:55:36 PM
No, I don't think they're obliged to, but it's always pleasant when they do. I love praising the actors at the stage door after a show- their hard work is to be congratulated.
Anyone catch Mandy Gonzalez in 'Wicked' tonight?
 Apr 2 2010, 06:24:41 PM
This is great, I can't wait to see her!

Can you only get partial viewing seats at the box office or can you get them online too?

In The Heights on The Wendy Williams Show
 Feb 28 2010, 08:12:02 PM
^^^ Janet as Nina is simply FABULOUS =)
When I saw HAIR (They should know better)....Feb 11th....
 Feb 28 2010, 03:21:43 PM
Kinda reminds me of an incident last year. A few months after my school did Ragtime, Marcia Milgrom Dodge invited us to see the production at the Kennedy Center and then a Q&A with the cast. Well, during the show, the girl who played Sarah at my school was humming and singing softly along. Understandably, the woman sitting next to her wasn't pleased. During intermission she was gave us dirty looks and eventually left at the beginning of Act 2.
In The Heights on The Wendy Williams Show
 Feb 28 2010, 01:47:26 PM
I thought Marcy sounded pretty good, actually. Corbin did, too, though I was thrown off by his change of voice. I've never seen him live- does he always sound like that during the show?
Hate Group To Protest 'RENT' in Sacramento
 Feb 2 2010, 05:07:21 PM
Oh, gosh, these people again? What is their problem? Seriously, it's like they have nothing else better to do with their lives.

Back in November, these darling little bastards protested at my school because we have a Gay Straight Alliance. So, we did what we had to and organized a counter protest. It was pretty brilliant, actually. Definitely one of the highlights of my year. But at the time, standing there and seeing how much they just do nothing but hate (and even worse, they teach th

Mandy Gonzalez's Last
 Feb 1 2010, 11:13:21 PM
!!! Mandy is going to be Elphaba? Awesome!
Ragtime production in black face!! so horrified!!!
 Jan 31 2010, 10:32:43 AM
Is anybody else wondering if they kept Coalhouse's line about coon songs and how "white men sang them in blackface"?
USHERS LAST NIGHT
 Jan 26 2010, 07:09:24 PM
Well isn't this great news? =) Too bad he's only signed for three months- it sounds like he's right at home (no pun intended).
Jeannette Bayardelle Going Into HAIR?
 Jan 22 2010, 08:16:27 PM
^ All I know of her is that she was Celie in Chicago's run of The Color Purple. I think she did the tour, as well.
Karen Olivo Deleted her Twitter Account?
 Jan 22 2010, 08:13:35 PM
Deleted? Oh, I thought she just put her tweets on private now. Hmm, shame. Aw well. There'll be other celebrities to stalk- I mean, follow.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You