News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What do you want to see for Disney's next show??

What do you want to see for Disney's next show??

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#1What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:28pm

I'd like them 2 make a musical out of Mulan or Hercules!!! Anyone differ?

"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:29pm

Nothing.

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#2What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:29pm

hahahahaha lol

"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd

beautywickedlover
#3What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 5:48pm

Enchanted.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#4What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:01pm

Aladdin! But, I'd want Alan Menken or Tim Rice to write the lyrics for the new songs. Not Glenn Slater. "To Be Free" is a nice addition. They should fully expand the score from there.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#5What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:01pm

Maybe that's what Disney needs to do, give the public like 5 selections, and then vote on it. I think it'd be interesting to see what the public wants Disney's next Broadway show to be.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:04pm

They should do a reality show where the authors select new songs and scenes to perform and then the public votes one of them off each week! Yay!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#7What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:07pm

Newsies and Hercules

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:09pm

If they have to have a next show, I think BroadwayBound's idea is a good one. But I am kind of Disneyed out. I really think they need to take a break and come up with something original.

Just give the world Love.

AwesomeDanny
#9What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:22pm

I would personally like to see Disney do Hercules on Broadway. "Zero to Hero" just screams "Act I closing number".

Mattbrain
#10What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:37pm

Totally stealing these from The Great White Way Report:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (just redesign the set already and bring it over here! Sheesh)

Hocus Pocus

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:42pm

Davy Crockett - King Of The Wild Frontier

Poster Emeritus

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#12What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:44pm

Country Bear Jamboree, The Musical

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#13What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 6:47pm

Newsies!! And don't hate me, but a friend's mom who works with someone who works with disney theatricals says that after the series dies down they want to start cooking up some ideas for a Hannah Montanna stage musical. It won't happen for a good couple of years but I almost barfed when I heard that the idea was even in somebody's brain lol.

rmusic11322
#14What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 7:03pm

Let's just make every single Disney movie into a musical and see what survives. Someone contact Alan Menken.

webcomix Profile Photo
webcomix
#15What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 7:06pm

Hercules and Enchanted, if they can pull it off.

I love Newsies, but I think that's going to be difficult, with all the kids. But hey, they managed Annie, Oliver, and Billy...so I guess we can see where it goes.

wickedpoppinsfan
#16What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 7:14pm

I'm definitely putting in my vote for Mulan and Hercules, love those two movies! Aladdin could pull off too.

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#17What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 8:20pm

Awesome Danny is absolutly right!!

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#18What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 8:25pm

IF HANNANH MONTANA BECOMES A MUSICAL I WILL SCREAM, THE SHOW WOULD GET BAD REVIEWS, AND IT WOULD CLOSE IN 48 HOURS!! JUST MY PREDICTION AND 95% OF THE TIME I'M RIGHT! LETS HOPE THIS SHOW WOULDN'T BE IN THE 5% THAT I'M WRONG! OH LORD JUST PRAY!!!

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#19What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 10:54pm

"The Hunchback of Notre Dame" is a must.

I've been thinking up ideas for how "The Princess and the Frog" could be staged. If I can somehow find my way into the Disney Theatricals office, I'd love to suggest them.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#20What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 10:56pm

Newsies, Hunchback, and Hercules!

MusicalLover6 Profile Photo
MusicalLover6
#21What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 11:09pm

I really want Hunchback to come to the US. The score is lovely, so is the treatment to 'lyrics'. (I.E, adding Quasimodo to duet 'God Help the Outcasts', 'Someday' is now a full company song, and the awesome 'Balancing Act' which gives Esmerelda a background story and make Clopin her guardian like in the book.)

If not Hunchback, I think Disney needs to take a chill pill and calm down with their adaptations of musicals on-stage.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#22What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/12/10 at 11:16pm

Definitely, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#23What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/13/10 at 4:48am

Hunchback without a doubt. I would also like to see Drew Sarich reprise his role as Quasimodo as I've heard him sing "Out There" and he was brilliant!

Didn't I read sometime back that they were planning on adapting Aladdin sometime soon? I'm sure something about it was posted on the board sometime in 09 or 08?

MichaelUK92 Profile Photo
MichaelUK92
#24What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
Posted: 4/13/10 at 5:15am

Has anyone seen the "Hercules" musical running on the Disney cruise lines?

Videos