News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HD1313

HD1313 Profile Photo
Member Name: HD1313
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spill Great Comet Tea Here  Aug 10 2017, 01:06:18 AM

Itonlytakesajourney said: "We really don't need another GC thread. 

"

I expected this response which is why I said in my original post you can choose to ignore this thread if you like, but by commenting, you're just bumping the thread. Just thought it'd be nice to have a designated thread where people can go if they wanna dig into the vague-gossip side of things intentionally. :) 

Spill Great Comet Tea Here  Aug 9 2017, 02:11:19 AM

yes, I know...another Great Comet thread. I am making this because after going through every recently bumped Comet thread, I have noticed the insane amount of vague comments made where some are saying there is much more drama than meets the eye and when it eventually comes out, its a hell of a bigger mess than what we are currently being presented with, which will be tough to beat, imo. I made this thread for everyone to have a direct thread to go to if they wanna see all of the spec

Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo  Aug 6 2017, 03:41:57 AM

Correcting myself: She did say later on in her replies that she doesn't think of the Muses (which she was dream cast as) as ensemble, but rather, accessories to the story. But I do find it interesting that once Playbill dream cast her as Meg she didn't feel the need to make a fuss about the other insanely talented women of color that playbill still dream cast as Muses

Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo  Aug 6 2017, 03:21:02 AM

Basically the gist of what I got from reading ~most~ of her recent twitter drama over the Hercules dream casting (it was hard to read all of those quote tweets) was, someone dream casted Cynthia as what she felt was an "ensemble" role, she turned it into a racial slam, then someone called her bluff, which I assume the person who called her out sort of knew her personally because at one point he said something along the lines of "that girl I knew a few years ago"?, and then

Thoughts on Cynthia Erivo  Aug 6 2017, 01:00:52 AM

~This is all purely my opinion and probably an unpopular one before anyone comes at me~ I wasn't sure where to post as she is a Broadway and West End performer, but does anyone not particularly like Cynthia Erivo all that much? Don't get me wrong, her performance in The Color Purple was MORE than worthy of the Tony and hearing her sing "I'm Here"gives me goosebumps all over, so, after The Color Purple hype, I was really looking forward to her performa

Deleted Thread  Jul 1 2017, 01:06:14 AM

Emmy Rossum HAS to play Mimi in Rent  Jun 29 2017, 01:00:04 AM

I am an avid fan of Shameless, and I'm just now putting two and two together that Emmy Rossum (Fiona Gallagher) was Christine in the POTO movie?! This whole time I've been watching the show, I've been thinking she'd be an incredible Mimi. Anyone else feel this way?

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now  Jun 13 2017, 06:29:55 PM

clb10162 said: "HD1313 said: "..I had a similar situation when I went to see Fun Home and Emily Skeggs and Michaeal Cerveris were both out, and returned...the day after I saw the show...very frustrating. It happens, but nonetheless, frustrating. I hope that you can sort out a way to see Ben in the role before he leaves. He truly is fantastic.

"

Are you seriously comparing the absence of Emily Skeggs and Michael Cerveris to that of Ben Platt in

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now  Jun 12 2017, 10:57:26 AM

Completely putting aside Margo319's ignorance and worn down "Millennial" comeback, Skylark3, I am so sorry that happened to you. Yes, we have to always brace ourselves for the chance that the actors we are looking forward to seeing won't be in the show, but its still heartbreaking when we get to the show and that little slip in the playbill says "At this performance"...I had a similar situation when I went to see Fun Home and Emily Skeggs and Michaeal Cer

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now  Jun 11 2017, 09:30:24 PM

Hey Margo319, whats up?? You sure seem to have an opinion on anything and everything people have to say on this post, and mostly a negative one. This is a safe place for fans of shows. No need to be a know it all, especially on Tony Sunday!

Dear Evan Hansen after Ben Platt  May 27 2017, 12:24:49 AM

I saw Dear Evan Hansen back in March, and while I think it is a contemporary music theatre lover much like myself's dream, I found a lot of my awe-struck moments deriving from Ben Platt's (and Rachel Bay Jones, Jesus Christ, what a performance) performance, and it made me wonder if a different actor(s) in the role of Evan, and come to think of it, Heidi (Jones' character) could carry this show, or if the success of the show is solely coming from the actors and

Unnecessary innuendos in shows  Mar 30 2017, 09:47:53 PM

For anyone who was seen Waitress, does anyone think the sexual innuendos (think bad idea (reprise), pinaple upside down cake) were a little unnecessary? They were obviously for comedy and didn't bother me, but I feel it added unnecessary vulgarity to a piece that is absolutely beautiful and full of heart, and those innuendos could prevent some people from seeing it or turn them off to the story, when I feel that this is a story every person, especially woman, needs to see. just wonde

Fun Home v Next to Normal  Sep 2 2016, 10:47:28 PM

I saw Fun Home back in March, front row, and I've never seen N2N live, but have been an avid fan of the show for several years now, and I have to say, N2N moved me more in particular, because of my struggles with OCD and anxiety and my relationship with my family, and it has nothing to do with Fun Home and wether the material is "better" Fun Home was very moving- hell, did I weep like a baby when Judy Kuhn delivered Days and Days and silence followed because everyone was that stunned? Yes. But I just couldn't relate as much. Which is why I second what somebody above said about there not being a correct answer to this question because every person is going to feel their own way no matter what opinions are thrown their way. That's the beautiful thing about theatre

Videos of Understudy Performances  Jul 12 2016, 01:11:50 AM

I may get some negative feedback from this board, as some people are very against bootlegs....but does anyone know of any footage of understudies going on that is available on YouTube or elsewhere? I love seeing the different choices each actor makes in a role! Thanks in advance :)

Billy Porter's Voice Then and Now  Jul 3 2016, 11:47:58 PM

AC126748 said: "I remember reading an interview with Porter in which he said that acid reflux had caused him to have persistent vocal issues in recent years. 

Found the article! Thanks. That makes total sense. Acid reflux is scary **** for singers.

Billy Porter's Voice Then and Now  Jul 3 2016, 09:42:32 PM

perfectlymarvelous said: "He definitely has vocal damage, his upper register is extremely weak at this point. The end of his number in Shuffle Along was honestly painful. 

"

I understand that the voice changes as time goes on, and I'm sure some of his raspiness now is from that, but I was revisiting some of his old Broadway.com vlogs from his INCREDIBLE run at Kinky Boots, and the moment that struck me the most was when they were re

Billy Porter's Voice Then and Now  Jul 3 2016, 07:29:48 PM

I adore Billy Porter. He is truly one of my favorite performers of all time. But I'm just curious, did he ever have nodes or vocal damage? He doesn't sound bad by any means, I just notice his tone is more raspy in his more recent projects than when is he was belting out Beauty School Dropout back when. I'm just wondering what could be the reason for this, or if I am just hearing things differently. 

Dreamgirls Broadway Revival Dream Casting  Jul 1 2016, 01:17:54 AM

Sorry if this is already a thread, but I just saw production of Dreamgirls tonight, and now I'm wondering, who could play who in the Dreamgirls Broadway revival? (If it was to ever happen)

Songs for a New World Rights ??  Jun 24 2016, 08:30:06 PM

Does anybody know how much the rights are for Songs for a New World?

Phillipa Soo to lead AMELIE on Broadway  Jun 17 2016, 06:28:55 PM

In my opinion (like I said, my opinion) it was a bad choice from Soo to decline Great Comet. I really think she would have been locked in for the tony. Her performance as Natasha is breath taking, and I can only imagine the money both her and Groban would bring in together. I don't know if the show will stand alone with just Groban, as most of the rest of the cast is from the original. I am excited to see the work she will do in Amelie, I just feel like Comet would have been a more fulfil

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You