Spill Great Comet Tea Here

HD1313
#1Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 2:11am

yes, I know...another Great Comet thread. I am making this because after going through every recently bumped Comet thread, I have noticed the insane amount of vague comments made where some are saying there is much more drama than meets the eye and when it eventually comes out, its a hell of a bigger mess than what we are currently being presented with, which will be tough to beat, imo. I made this thread for everyone to have a direct thread to go to if they wanna see all of the speculations, and if anyone feels so inclined to explain their vague comments, maybe they could do it here. or... just ignore this thread and continue talking in the other ones. nonetheless, this whole situation is extremely unfortunate and upsetting and I only wish things could end diffrenelty for this unique and beautiful piece of theatre.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#2Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 2:35am

I have been following the various Comet threads pretty closely for the past week, and Riedel's article sums up everything that's been discussed.

Oak came in unprepared, fought with the director, and played the victim when he was asked to leave, helping the PR storm engulf the show. The end. Don't stir the pot.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#3Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 2:46am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I have been following the various Comet threads pretty closely for the past week, and Riedel's article sums up everything that's been discussed.

Oak came in unprepared, fought with the director, and played the victim when he was asked to leave, helping the PR storm engulf the show. The end. Don't stir the pot.
"

This is exactly what happened.

VintageSnarker
#4Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:13am

There was also that Mamet hint that led to some wild speculation... and a pretty good China Doll joke. Not sure there's any tea as much as more rumor, hearsay, innuendo, and speculation.

Alex Kulak2
#5Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 11:49am

Honestly, I would have just cut my losses and go with Mandy Patinkin over the 10th most important character in Hamilton

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#6Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:13pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I have been following the various Comet threads pretty closely for the past week, and Riedel's article sums up everything that's been discussed.

"

No there's definitely more. The people who aren't explaining their vague comments are not explaining for a reason, it's not our news to break. There are delicate steps, and none of us want to step on what is a potentially sensitive situation. Just because we're not flat out saying what happened doesn't mean we don't know, but that we respect the fact that there's a time and place, and at this moment, on a message board, are neither.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:23pm

Then it shouldn't be brought up at all.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#8Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:35pm

dramamama611 said: "Then it shouldn't be brought up at all.

"

Couldn't agree more. And if people aren't prepared to share, I wish they'd stop bringing up the fact that they know but can't say. It's dumb 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#9Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:06pm

gleek4114 said: "The Distinctive Baritone said: "I have been following the various Comet threads pretty closely for the past week, and Riedel's article sums up everything that's been discussed.

"

No there's definitely more. The people who aren't explaining their vague comments are not explaining for a reason, it's not our news to break. There are delicate steps, and none of us want to step on what is a potentially sensitive situation. Just because we're not flat out saying what happened doesn't mean we don't know, but that we respect the fact that there's a time and place, and at this moment, on a message board, are neither.

"

Tell your friends to call the Post. Leak it ALL!

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#10Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:18pm

We really don't need another GC thread. 

LxGstv
#11Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:21pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "We really don't need another GC thread. 

"

Especially if it's pretty much people saying "I know the whole story, but I won't share it, so don't bother asking me to..."

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#12Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:32pm

LxGstv said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "We really don't need another GC thread. 

"

Especially if it's pretty much people saying "I know the whole story, but I won't share it, so don't bother asking me to..."

Pretty much. I don't even know why they started this thread, we don't need one specifically for leaked drama or people trying to convince everyone they knew what really went on.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#13Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:28pm

Because the tea is so piping hot, that there needed to be a thread that had "tea" in the title Spill Great Comet Tea Here

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#14Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/10/17 at 12:33am

Yassss! 

HD1313
#15Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:06am

Itonlytakesajourney said: "We really don't need another GC thread. 

"

I expected this response which is why I said in my original post you can choose to ignore this thread if you like, but by commenting, you're just bumping the thread. Just thought it'd be nice to have a designated thread where people can go if they wanna dig into the vague-gossip side of things intentionally. :) 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#16Spill Great Comet Tea Here
Posted: 8/10/17 at 2:52am

Despite all this he said/she said stuff, I went to TGC today for both shows...2 and 8...audience members I talked to had little info on the controversy...Oak got standing ovations and overwhelming applause as did all the members.

The audience laughed throughout.  You wouldn't know anything was happening.  So, why the hell shut down the show? Ticket agents told me they've been getting incredible sales.  If Howard Kagan had any brains, he'd  post an "show extended another 2 weeks" just to see what happens.  It was mobbed.  I tweeted Oak & Mandy to work it out and keep the show open. The staff, performers, and customers were all perplexed that they would close it.  Is anyone listening?

Videos